cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Get your second month FREE when you activate!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of January 3, 2020: This offer is now expired.

This offer is now available for activations on any Public Mobile plan and has been extended until further notice. Please note that the credit will be applied to your account within 30 days.

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until December 23th at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your second month free when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online OR in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $25/mo or higher plan by December 23, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 30 business days. 
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

259 REPLIES 259

@Maryamira wrote:

Well maybe I get it now:

1- First month is fully charged,

2- The money will go to available funds in account within 30 days,

3- Next payment will be made from these newly available funds.

Did I get it right?

Yes you did 🙂

Maryamira
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well maybe I get it now:

1- First month is fully charged,

2- The money will go to available funds in account within 30 days,

3- Next payment will be made from these newly available funds.

Did I get it right?

@Maryamira wrote:

Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season!

I have activated today the $40 plan and my credit card was fully charged. I thought that the on-going deal meant that the first month will cost nothing ($0) immediately for the next 30 days. Or is it paying the $40 now and not be charged with the next auto payment? I'm new to Public Mobile and a bit confused now on how this works >.<

2nd month free.

Please note that the credit will be applied to your account within 30 days.

Don't forget to claim your holiday gifts.

1gb data and 400 international calling minutes. Link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Free-Gifts-for-All-During-our-More-is-M...

And try your luck on winning a$100 Amazon gift card. Link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Win-a-100-Amazon-gift-card-with-our-Mor...

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Maryamira

Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season!

I have activated today the $40 plan and my credit card was fully charged. I thought that the on-going deal meant that the first month will cost nothing ($0) immediately for the next 30 days. Or is it paying the $40 now and not be charged with the next auto payment? I'm new to Public Mobile and a bit confused now on how this works >.<

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Moderator response could take a few hours or a day. When I have sent a private message, it's always been about 1 hour or less.

@Mimi33 wrote:

Great.  As you can see I am new.  Now, one last clarification.  If I change plans next month, can I make the change before the due date and if so, how many days in advance can it be?

You can set a change to happen on your next renewal anytime. As mentioned just be sure to choose "at next renewal" in most cases so you don't lose the remainder of your current 30 days of paid service.

You can add as much $$ to your account as you want to whenever you want to. Since you go to Florida in winter you can put as much $$ as you want ahead of time and renewals as well as your roaming add-ons will come from that balance so you don't have to keep adding more.

What ever you do, if you are watching online to see what happens the night of your renewal... don't panic! It is normal to start showing service suspended and other worrisome messages over night but it will still work and will be back to normal in the morning.

AE_Collector

@yjedi1238 wrote:

It seems that the Second month free for ANY plan is effective December 20th 2019.. I signed up for a new $15 plan on Dec 21st 2019. I am hoping that I will see the credit in my account soon.. I also get my $ 2 discount for Autopay as well as I have successfully added the 1 gb free data and 400 free international minutes. Very happy with Public so far..

You should get a $15 credit in your account within 30 days of December 21.

yjedi1238

It seems that the Second month free for ANY plan is effective December 20th 2019.. I signed up for a new $15 plan on Dec 21st 2019. I am hoping that I will see the credit in my account soon.. I also get my $ 2 discount for Autopay as well as I have successfully added the 1 gb free data and 400 free international minutes. Very happy with Public so far..

@Mimi33 wrote:

Great.  As you can see I am new.  Now, one last clarification.  If I change plans next month, can I make the change before the due date and if so, how many days in advance can it be?

When changing plans you have two options.

"Change now" which will change your plan immediately and you will be charged right away (which will change your due date every 30 days) and you will also not be refunded any of the money you paid for your other plan.

2nd option.

"Change at next renewal"...which whatever new plan you select will start on your renewal date. You'd be charged the new price plan.

Mimi33
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mimi33 wrote:

Thanks, I understand that. My question was if I make a payment anytime before the due date,  will the next due date (30days) be from the payment date or 30 days from the original due date of Jan 17th?  I will be changing plans and using add ons frequently over the next few months.

You can add money to your account balance at anytime it will not change the due date. (Meaning if you add money a week earlier the due date will not change to a week earlier)

So what your due date is now. Next due date would be in 30days and it will always go 30 days regardless of when you add money to your account.

Mimi33

Thanks, I understand that. My question was if I make a payment anytime before the due date,  will the next due date (30days) be from the payment date or 30 days from the original due date of Jan 17th?  I will be changing plans and using add ons frequently over the next few months.

@Mimi33 wrote:

I now see that I am to reply to mod's email.  All is good.  Pleased with the outcome and for your help as well as @darlicious.  

My monthly payment date is 17th. If I make payment on 15th or 16th will the payment change my due date to date of payment  or remain Jan 17th?  I will go on auto pay in April but will be dropping to $15 a month and using calling and texting add-ons while in the US (as you so brilliantly suggested).

It's not a monthly payment so the date will always change.

You pay for 30 days. So one month could be the 17th next month could be 16th, etc as ita a 30 day period you pay to renew your plan.

Mimi33

I now see that I am to reply to mod's email.  All is good.  Pleased with the outcome and for your help as well as @darlicious.  

My monthly payment date is 17th. If I make payment on 15th or 16th will the payment change my due date to date of payment  or remain Jan 17th?  I will go on auto pay in April but will be dropping to $15 a month and using calling and texting add-ons while in the US (as you so brilliantly suggested).

You aren't taking advantage of the fact that this is done like email rather than a phone conversation. They will likely be quicker now that you have authenticated yourself for security, I think it was about two hours for the next reply the last time I did this. But, it could be 15 minutes or maybe a day. Do your other stuff including visiting with grandchildren, the reply will be there when it gets there. You aren't out of service, you are just hoping they might do you a big favour for not having waited until the next promo after receiving your SIM card too late for the previous promo.

AE_Collector

Mimi33

So I finally got an email from a moderator and they asked me to autheticate myself at 1:00 pm.  I did so at 1:30 and now what is suppose to happen.  I am waiting and waiting...it is so busy at this time of year. I actually missed a visit with my grandchild cuz I had hoped to hear something about my request.  How many hours do they take to contact me again or do I have to do somethink.  I sent a message 15 minutes ago asking what I was to do now.

@Jaskerry wrote:

Awesome! Wish my other phone was off contract so I could switch to PM and get this deal! Hope this deals is offered again in the future!

@Jaskerry  How long do you have left in your contract and how much do you pay every month. It might be cheaper to buy it out.

Jaskerry

Awesome! Wish my other phone was off contract so I could switch to PM and get this deal! Hope this deals is offered again in the future!

It was updated to any plan and the December 23 activation deadline was removed. They aren't that good at details around here!

AE_Collector

nm2837
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is the $15 plan eligible? Your post says $25+, but this page says any plan:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/30daysfor0

@Mimi33  The preferred way pm wants you to contact a moderator is via Simon explaining your issue to the moderators by clicking on (?) at the bottom right of your screen. My preferred method is thru a private message putting @CS_Agent in the send to bar. Fill in subject bar. Explain the issue.  Include full name on acct, email, ph #, pin # and security question and answer for verification. I find the response the same but I've only successfully submitted via Simon once.

JFF
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@amcgrath3 

Yes, you would qualify. 

@amcgrath3 wrote:

Hello!

I am a new customer and just activated my account last week, do I qualify for this?

Thanks.

Mimi33

Thanks everyone.  I will wait until tomorrow and try to contact them again. Is there more than one way to contact them?

@ShawnC13  Yes i probably should have clarified that as well...that there have been times when response times have exceeded 48 hrs (but not for a couple of months). I will try to remember the post that stated that in correct info...some time in the last month......

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541  That is true....i should have clarified that those wait times were mine over the last few days and a few others that had reported their own wait times. The 48 hrs I mentioned because it was posted that service tickets get closed after 48 hrs. of no response. No one else has posted about a long response time (except 2 wks. and the OP was checking email only) in the last few days so i felt this was good advice to message/submit ticket again. The community isnt very busy so presumably the moderators are not overly busy as well to have response times exceeding 48 hrs.

There have been many many (ok too many) times where a first response from moderators would take over 48 hours so tickets do not get closed if there is no response in 48 hours.  @darlicious  do you remember where that was posted I would like to get that corrected as well

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@computergeek541  That is true....i should have clarified that those wait times were mine over the last few days and a few others that had reported their own wait times. The 48 hrs I mentioned because it was posted that service tickets get closed after 48 hrs. of no response. No one else has posted about a long response time (except 2 wks. and the OP was checking email only) in the last few days so i felt this was good advice to message/submit ticket again. The community isnt very busy so presumably the moderators are not overly busy as well to have response times exceeding 48 hrs.

@darlicious wrote:

@Mimi33  If it's been more than 48 hrs since you submitted your request I would submit again. The response time should be no more than 24 hrs. Longest in the last few days has been 8 hours. I'm feeling bad for you once I realized we had given lots of advice about six weeks ago....about $60 US plan. Wish I had put 2+2 together but I was late in the conversation when you were activating as I was advising people to wait until friday to activate. I cant remember but you did port your number in from bell? So you wouldn't want to lose it....how about getting a few friends to switch? $20 credits....but fingers crossed you get a sympathetic moderator.

Public Mobile doesn't report wait time statistics, so it's not known how long current times are. Anything said here is pure speculation, and even member reports on this site form too small of a sample size.

@Mimi33 wrote:

Hi...it's me again.  So I did as you suggested and asked the Mod team about my joining in the two days the offer was not available but still have not heard from them.  Is this normal?  Do I just assume the no reply means no?

@Mimi33  If it's been more than 48 hrs since you submitted your request I would submit again. The response time should be no more than 24 hrs. Longest in the last few days has been 8 hours. I'm feeling bad for you once I realized we had given lots of advice about six weeks ago....about $60 US plan. Wish I had put 2+2 together but I was late in the conversation when you were activating as I was advising people to wait until friday to activate. I cant remember but you did port your number in from bell? So you wouldn't want to lose it....how about getting a few friends to switch? $20 credits....but fingers crossed you get a sympathetic moderator.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nice, smart to extend this. Gotta have some kinda free service promo during the holidays. Wonder what PM has planned for on boxing day? 

@Mimi33 wrote:

Hi...it's me again.  So I did as you suggested and asked the Mod team about my joining in the two days the offer was not available but still have not heard from them.  Is this normal?  Do I just assume the no reply means no?

Yes reply can be a few hours to a few days. Almost certain you will hear from them.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.