Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate online

David_J
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until September 21, 2020, 11:59PM ET, we are offering your second month free when you activate on any plan online! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before September 21, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate before October 2, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you still need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by October 2, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  6. This offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

52 REPLIES 52

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wasn’t aware of this promo. I just activated yesterday. I’m going to try it out

According to the terms and conditions it is only available for new customers.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@David_J wrote:

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until September 21, 2020, 11:59PM ET, we are offering your second month free when you activate on any plan online! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before September 21, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate before October 2, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you still need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by October 2, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  6. This offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

So, yesterday, I DID enter an email for this promo, and have yet to receive an email or any "confirmation message" as stated above. I did this the last time this promo came out, and did not receive an email either.

Has anyone received this "confirmation message" from last promo or this one?

Thanks

latefordinner
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Anonymous They are saying that they have the numbers.  I am asking for nothing more than the factual numbers.  Without facts their words are nothing more than conjecture.

I think a big reason is because of all the big data bucket promos going around right now. also with auto-pay failing, it often entices customers to move to another carrier. 

that's why I tell all my referrals to not rely on auto-pay. 

@Jb456 

I was referring to the 3rd tier providers. Instead of PM setting the bar. Lately they have simply been following what Lucky does..

* did PM used to set the bar consistently in the past?

3rd tier, 2nd tier, the way they are doing business, is all the same. it doesn't matter which company comes up with what first. eventually they all follow. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@latefordinner wrote:

@computergeek541 Enlighten us with your data.  Where are these numbers you speak of?

Dude...this user has been here coming up on 4 years. He's risen through the ranks. He was promoted to Oracle by nomination of the community. He even chose to step down. He's. Still. Here.

Can you imagine the referrals he probably has? With so many, he would have a "feeling" watching the ebb and flow of those coming in and those departing. If his observations are indicating a decline, I would suggest he's on to something. But remember...he's just another customer like you and I.

Perhaps you're an old user putting up a challenge to another old user by way of a new username. We don't know. But he owes you nothing. This is after all...the internet. Anybody can say anything. Like this now.

latefordinner

@computergeek541 Enlighten us with your data.  Where are these numbers you speak of?

@latefordinner wrote:

@computergeek541 Then clearly you are a fear monger, spreading FUD across the community.

The numbers I have don't lie. The data can be interpreted in different ways and you're free to disagree with my assessement. However, my repuatation here speaks for itself.

latefordinner

@computergeek541 Then clearly you are a fear monger, spreading FUD across the community.

@latefordinner wrote:

@computergeek541 Does your "feeling" of how things are going at Public Mobile include the 6 referrals I've had in the past month and another 3 or 4 interested potential sign ups?

Just curious.

I wouldn't 'assume that I don't get at least that many in a month. I'm saying that just as many are vanishing.

latefordinner

@computergeek541 Does your "feeling" of how things are going at Public Mobile include the 6 referrals I've had in the past month and another 3 or 4 interested potential sign ups?

Just curious.

@gpixel wrote:

Public should be leading the game and setting the bar. Not following Lucky

this is not how it works.. belus are a team. they are not going to overshadow one another.

public is already cheaper.. they are the only company that offers free billing. you just need to take advantage of the offer. plus the many perks to being here... free data/mins.

@computergeek541 10 referrals? did you get a text for all 10? 

if that happens, I'm going to lucky and taking all my referrals with me

Those are referrals that I lost in maybe a 2 to 3 month span. I'll dare say that things aren't going well at Public. I believe that they're losing far more customers than they're gaining.  I can't back that up with numbers of any large sample size, but I think that by now, I should have a pretty good feel at how things are progresssing at Public.

@gpixel  I was referring to the 3rd tier providers. Instead of PM setting the bar. Lately they have simply been following what Lucky does..

The only reason for this flash sale is because Lucky is offering 2nd month free. 

Only difference is lucky is offering it to the 12th Oct while PM is the 2nd Oct.

Screenshot_20200918_203850.jpg

Public should be leading the game and setting the bar. Not following Lucky

this is not how it works.. belus are a team. they are not going to overshadow one another.

public is already cheaper.. they are the only company that offers free billing. you just need to take advantage of the offer. plus the many perks to being here... free data/mins.

@computergeek541 10 referrals? did you get a text for all 10? 

if that happens, I'm going to lucky and taking all my referrals with me

nguygie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@David_J @CS_Agent Do you have to enter the email BEFORE you activate the sim online? I helped a family member sign up for a plan this morning and so only entered the email address into the promo link after activation... Will he be eligible for the free 2nd month?

Public should be leading the game and setting the bar. Not following Lucky.

@David_J 

Such promotions, I believe, lead to higher customer churn rates. How many customers are jumping back and forth between carriers for these free 30 day/free month offers?

If we take the example of the February 2020 $10 off for 6 renewals promotion, it is my belief that more than half of these customers churned when the price went back up. That's unscientific and my sample size is only 20, and there's no way for me to tell which customers left, but losing 10 referrals coincides very nicely with that 6 month time period.

Far more important are solid, permanent price plans.

Nice promotion could have had 2 if the $30 plan wasn't changed 😭

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Great. good time to became PM family member.

fdrcamb519

thank you very much

BearFBI

@David_J Great thanks ! I was actually looking to get someone elese on public next week.

Perfect timing again ! 

Second month free promos aren't anything special though.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Great thanks

Time to go hunting for referrals:)

Need Help? Let's chat.