Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate online

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until August 31, 2020, 11:59PM ET, we are offering your second month free when you activate on any plan online! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before August 31, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate before September 11, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you still need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by September 11, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  6. This offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

72 REPLIES 72

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good news! Have shared to friend...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@km04 wrote:

xxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx

@km04 

Not here. Click on the big logo up top and then click on Learn more in the promo area and then fill in your email address there. Take a screen capture of the confirmation page for your records. There's no email confirmation.

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dac13 wrote:

@computergeek541 If Public Mobile doesn't send email confirmations that your email is registered, how would it be "corrected" if there was an issue when you get the sim card and are ready to register?  If for some reason there was a system glitch and it didn't register your email to receive the promotion.

Receiving an e-mail confirmation would not prevent any possible system glitch or make any correction more or less possible as such message would be automated, just as the confirmation on the website is.  What an e-mail message would do would be to help prove that you regisitered for the offer.  If you're concerned about having documentation signing up for this offer, I suggest possibly taking screenshots/pictures and/or videos of the the process. That said, you probably won't need them.

@computergeek541 All very true and good points.  Thanks.

km04
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

edited by computergeek541: e-mail addresss removed

@dac13 wrote:

@computergeek541 If Public Mobile doesn't send email confirmations that your email is registered, how would it be "corrected" if there was an issue when you get the sim card and are ready to register?  If for some reason there was a system glitch and it didn't register your email to receive the promotion.

Receiving an e-mail confirmation would not prevent any possible system glitch or make any correction more or less possible as such message would be automated, just as the confirmation on the website is.  What an e-mail message would do would be to help prove that you regisitered for the offer.  If you're concerned about having documentation signing up for this offer, I suggest possibly taking screenshots/pictures and/or videos of the the process. That said, you probably won't need them.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@BeastieGirl  I just signed someone up. It says this once you enter the email address.

Screenshot_20200829_161516.jpg

After that it says buy a sim or activate a sim. So if you entered your email proceed to activating your account and sign up 😀

Rose25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Catherine_T 

Wonderful promo👍 Looking forward for great offers for PM users🙂

@BeastieGirl 

What exactly are you checking for? You've already recieved the confirmation email. Are you looking for the second 30 days free? You must activate and the credit will be added to your account within 30 days of activation. Usually 5 to 7 days after the promo expiry so Sept 16th to 18th most likely.

Edit: Oops thought you said you got one....doesnt look like they are sending one out. The moderators cannot confirm if you sent an email until after you activate. You will then get an email confirming the promo activation.It should look like this.It should look like this.

@BeastieGirl  last time they had a promotion like this. As long as you entered your email address before activating PM gave the offer to those clients.

I think the system may only send an email after 24 hours.

Last time people were signing up on last day of promo and just contacting moderators to notify them.

If you want contact moderators to confirm you're eligible. Link below to reach them.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

@BeastieGirl 

You will not receive a confirmation email. You should be fine. Just activate befor September 11. Sometimes PM will send you a reminder email later on in the promo 

BeastieGirl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I submitted my email address for this promotion hours ago (and the site verified it was sent) and haven't received anything yet.  I checked my spam folder and tried multiple different email addresses... still nothing.  What to do??

@tdotdee 

As per @AE_Collector suggestion you can purchase a pm sim card from canadian cell supplies (currently $3.99+tax) and they ship for free with arrival in 5 business days (about a week) cross country. You can save your sim card from pm for your first referral!

@tdotdee wrote:

This is great! If only I could receive my SIM card I ordered 2 weeks ago! 😫

Register your email address for this offer t buy yourself another couple of weeks. It sounds as though SIM Card delivery has been taking at least a couple of weeks so it may arrive soon. I would find a way to purchase a SIM card locally Or maybe order another one by mail and once the first one ordered arrives it can be used to help you get your first referral reward.

AE_Collector

dac13

Reynolds10

Hopefully you get it soon! To ensure you get the $0 on your second month, make sure to register your email for the deal before Aug 31. You must activate your SIM card before Sept. 11. 

tdotdee

This is great! If only I could receive my SIM card I ordered 2 weeks ago! 😫

@xdragon wrote:

Would signing up PM at walmart considered as activated online?  Also I'd submitted kid's email for the offer but all I got from the link is something about the email is this:
This is confirmation that the email address you entered is now eligible for this limited time offer.

I didn't see any email confirmation, how do I know that the email address is registered?

No. In-store is not considered online. If you submitted the e-mail address, it is registered. Public Mobile doesn't always send out e-mail confirmations for this sort of thing.

@xdragon wrote:

Would signing up PM at walmart considered as activated online?  Also I'd submitted kid's email for the offer but all I got from the link is something about the email is this:
This is confirmation that the email address you entered is now eligible for this limited time offer.

I didn't see any email confirmation, how do I know that the email address is registered?

@xdragon 

Walmart activation is consider in store activation and probably will not work with this promotion.  Walmart itself might have its own promo though.  You will need to activate at home, online. 

Usually, you will not immediately get an email confirmation.  You might get a reminder email later on in the promotion. 

xdragon

Reynolds10

This is a fantastic deal! I recommended this deal to family members and some of them are switching over as well. I too have recently just switched over to Public Mobile and it's been great! FINALLY, affordable cell service in Canada! Yay! 

@Rgrieve 

As long as you see the $1 rewards the bonus $10 credits will follow within 72 hours. My guess was the sale was announced around 1pm pt so 5pm at so you are probably good time wise. Use your private messages to contact the moderators. Type Moderator_team in the send bar, current ñext 30 days free promo in the subject bar and then explain the issue asking nicely if you qualify. You can always private message me for further advice on the moderators if necessary. 

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators.

Rgrieve

@darliciousthanks for the advice.  What is the right way to message the mods directly?

I was trying to figure out what time the sale was posted, but all the timestamps I can find are "yesterday", the actual time info seems to be stripped once the day ticks over.  Maybe because I'm on mobile.  The accounts were activated between 5pm and 10pm ADT, so maybe some activations might be possible, as you say it is worth a try.

One question about referrals: I activated 4 accounts, so used 3 referrals back to my first account.  I see the $1/mo reward immediately.  However as of this morning, only one of the three $10 bonus credit has shown up on the account.  Is it safe to assume the other two will eventually show up on the account?

@Rgrieve 

Message the moderators and explain your situation. The flash sale was posted later than usual. If you activated the accounts after the posting of the flash sale you may be able to convince them to offer you the credit as a good will gesture.

Pre-COVID if you activated within the conditions of the flash sale by happenstance you still benefited. The sticking point is the pre-registration of the emails but the purpose of this is to allow those without access to a retail location to register within the "flash" time frame but be able to recieve the online ordered sim in time (by Sept 11th) to activate it. So by this reasoning you may be able to qualify unless the 30 day credit can be only triggered to be added to your account by the pre-registration of the email.

But it's worth a shot....at least you do get your referral bonus credit of $10 each and you referred from one to the next.

Rgrieve

The pre-registration of the email requirement really sucks!  I activated 4 new accounts yesterday, but didn't see about this flash sale because I navigated directly to the Activate page.

I'm happy about my new Public Mobile service, but at the moment pretty disappointed that i missed out on a considerable discount that I was eligible for.  It would be less disappointing if I had activated a day early, or a day late, rather than missing out because I didn't pre-register for an active promotion.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@xdragon wrote:

This is great, just in time to get one for my kid before school starts.  I have a question though, I registered my kid's email for the offer, so after we receive the confirmation email, can we just drop by a walmart to open a new account with PM for my kid with the same email address then we'll get the second month free credit, or must I order a SIM online?

Check out that subject line.

The SIM can be from anywhere.

xdragon

This is great, just in time to get one for my kid before school starts.  I have a question though, I registered my kid's email for the offer, so after we receive the confirmation email, can we just drop by a walmart to open a new account with PM for my kid with the same email address then we'll get the second month free credit, or must I order a SIM online?

dac13

@Dunkman Ahhh, I understand now.  Thanks.  Covid has really affected so many things.

@dac13 wrote:

Good offer but just wondering what the reasoning is that you need to register your email address first to qualify for the offer.

@dac13 

Due to Covid, several of the PM promotions need to register email first.  Takes time for the SIM card to be delivered to new customer's house.  Previously, the flash promotions were just activate in store or online over a 2-3 day period.  With Covid restrictions, less chance for people to activate in store or buy a SIM card in store.  

dac13

Good offer but just wondering what the reasoning is that you need to register your email address first to qualify for the offer.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good news. Thanks Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.