Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Get one month of service for $0 when you activate

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

From April 21 - 26 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get one month for $0 when they activate on any plan online or in-store

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store by May 7 with the same email address.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount. The credit will be applied towards your third month of service, within 60 days of activation. This offer is subject to change without notice.
  5. You will not need to top-up your account at your second renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 60 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

75 REPLIES 75

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Hi @J_PM Welcome to Public Mobile!

Have a nice day

RosieR

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM Thanks for another promo that can stimulate new users to come to PM and join our community here😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was the subject line that grabbed my eye. Then the "new" PM employee. Why wouldn't they have said "Get third month free" like all their prior promos that said "Get second month free". But yes...month, term, 30 days.

Maybe these things should say "Get your first plan cost back in 60 days". Or 30.

@will13am wrote:

Interesting new twist to give the free renewal on the third cycle instead of the second.  Good way to enforce a little bit of short term loyalty.  @J_PM , I suggest using wording like plan cycle or equivalent instead of month since the renewals are at 30 day frequency and not monthly.  

@J_PM, I echo @will13am  suggestion on the wording.  We have been asking for a couple of years now that when this type of promo is used that the correct terminology gets used.  There is already enough confusion with customers between a month and 30-day plans.  People think they have the same renewal date each month and with the wording of a free month, I would as well.  Please consider changing the terminology used to cycle or 30-days (as suggested above)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@walker1 : One never knows, do one. It's against policy to throw one at customers unsolicited. I suspect it happens all the time and poor new customers get deluged with codes. I can't say as I've ever got a request for one after this method of planting the seed. But y'never know. I would not call it phishing.

@Anonymous  "if you used a referral......."

Is that like hanging out a shingle that says  " Gone Phishing" ?  Wasn't Jb45 a phisherman too? lol    😆

@Kandit wrote:

Well for someone that just activated as a new customer last night at 9pm with no notice of this promo, big thumbs down.

Disappointing maybe but how would they have notified you ahead of time? After doing your research of Public Mobile before signing up I am surprised that you didn’t notice that there are new customer promotions quite regularly. It is always best to hold off and wait for one unless a one time promotion isn't really a big deal in the scheme of things which can easily be the case if you are switching from a high cost provider. 

Promotions are an EXCELLENT opportunity to sign up referrals so rather than giving promotions the thumbs down it is time to get to work at making your service from Public Mobile free (with referrals, loyalty etc) like mine.

AE_Collector

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Interesting new twist to give the free renewal on the third cycle instead of the second.  Good way to enforce a little bit of short term loyalty.  @J_PM , I suggest using wording like plan cycle or equivalent instead of month since the renewals are at 30 day frequency and not monthly.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kandit : Welcome to Public Mobile. There's never a warning of a coming promo.

Edit: If you're in BC and the welcome email is timestamped after 9pm PT then an argument could be made that you got in on the 21st.

If you used a referral code during activation then you should receive the $10 credit within 3 days but usually overnight.

Kandit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well for someone that just activated as a new customer last night at 9pm with no notice of this promo, big thumbs down.

@Anonymous wrote:

60 days! Well that's a twist. At least it says just days, not business days. I guess this is to hold people for a little longer before they get their credit. Sneaky.

Had to read the whole thing again more carefully to figure out what you are talking about! Yes another potential full month of “I didn’t get my First (or my second) month free! I am thinking of switching to Rogers”

4- Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount. The credit will be applied towards your third month of service, within 60 days of activation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

60 days! Well that's a twist. At least it says just days, not business days. I guess this is to hold people for a little longer before they get their credit. Sneaky.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM wrote:

Hey Community, 

From April 21 - 26 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get one month for $0 when they activate on any plan online or in-store

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store by May 7 with the same email address.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount. The credit will be applied towards your third month of service, within 60 days of activation. This offer is subject to change without notice.
  5. You will not need to top-up your account at your second renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 60 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

I’m a little slow at times in thinking, please be patient with me. So as long as they submit their email address ahead of time to confirm any time from April 21 - 26 at 11:59PM EST it saves it for them as long as they activate their sim by May 7th? That would definitely give plenty of time to receive the sim card by mail if they don’t do it through a retailer! 😃 Thank-you!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

April Promo - Whoo hoo!!

😁

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Good News for new activation customers.

Need Help? Let's chat.