cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! From September 29 to 30 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective September 29, 2018 until September 30, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store at a participating retailer on a 30-day plan from September 29 to September 30, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • K-Mobile
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 72 hours of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only at participating retailers.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

60 REPLIES 60

kstins2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

that sucks i just singed up for 2 accounts wendesday and thursday and paid full price and still waiting for my number to port over 😞

MacMe

Awesome, perfect time to get a backup line.

@Public2023 wrote:

i just want to have it here on record that i aigned up for this offer today but the guy kept.inputting everything wrong, not adding the referral the first 5 times he signed me up and screwing up my credit card 10 times. I dont know if he had to do anything special to.get this offer but he didnt do anything special. So.hopefully this is automatic, or someone can help me out if the credits dont show.up within three days. Worst walmart employee ever.

I would check to make sure there is only one charge on your credit card.  As well the retail cellular department in Walmart is not Walmart employees but a third party company (still no excuse).  Sorry to hear of your experience activating your account

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@helloworld232

Sorry, but you are probably out of luck...  Public mobile normally do not backdate these flash promotions.  

@Public2023

The Walmart rep did not have to do anything special.  Public Mobile should credit your account within 72 hours.  If not credited, you can contact moderators.  

helloworld232
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I bought my sim+plan on sept(28) one day late( they never told me about this prom=(), is there anything way I still get this?

Public2023

i just want to have it here on record that i aigned up for this offer today but the guy kept.inputting everything wrong, not adding the referral the first 5 times he signed me up and screwing up my credit card 10 times. I dont know if he had to do anything special to.get this offer but he didnt do anything special. So.hopefully this is automatic, or someone can help me out if the credits dont show.up within three days. Worst walmart employee ever.

beleaf67

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@beleaf67 wrote:

Darn it 😞  I've signed up myself and my wife 5 days ago on 30 days plans.   This included buying two 2 SIMs ($10) cards from local Walmart.  Is there a way to recuperate the special in credits?   I'm very happy with the service and I hope you can help me 😛

These are flash sales so you either hit them or miss them.  They will not issue credits for a missed flash sale

Thanks for a prompt reply :P.  Oh well, I wanted to get off Petro asap, thus I didn't want to wait for any specials.   🙂

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@beleaf67 wrote:

Darn it 😞  I've signed up myself and my wife 5 days ago on 30 days plans.   This included buying two 2 SIMs ($10) cards from local Walmart.  Is there a way to recuperate the special in credits?   I'm very happy with the service and I hope you can help me 😛

These are flash sales so you either hit them or miss them.  They will not issue credits for a missed flash sale

Yeah! You gotta keep your eyes open and grab it while you can. 🙂

@beleaf67 wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

beleaf67

@Nathan2 wrote:

Are all partner locations part of the free sim?

According to promotion, all partner locations.  But, just in case, bring a screenshot of the promo or print out the promo to the location.  Just partners are unaware of the promos sometimes.... 

@ynl

You will get credit within 72 hours.  You can change your plan afterwards and it will not affect your credit.  Most people would change their plans at the next renewal date.  If you change plans immediately, you will lose the remaining amount of data, etc. in your original plan.  

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dheeraj32 wrote:

I have a prepaid sim bought last month so is this offer only for new sim or for old simalso as I have to recharge it next month 

At store only, you get Free Sim and second month Free

dheeraj32

I have a prepaid sim bought last month so is this offer only for new sim or for old simalso as I have to recharge it next month 

ynl

What happens if you activate on a plan and downgrade to a cheaper plan (or change to a more expensive plan)? Would changing your plan within the first month (with the "effective immediately" option selected) affect your credit?

Nathan2

Are all partner locations part of the free sim?

mcs11

@ShawnC13 thanks👍🏻

@mcs11 wrote:

Thank you, @ShawnC13! Do I have to activate online to get the $10 referral credit or will I still get it if I do in store?

You  should be able to get it at retail locations unless they aren't allowing of the stacking of discounts either way your referral line can still earn the $1 off every 30 days

mcs11

Thank you, @ShawnC13! Do I have to activate online to get the $10 referral credit or will I still get it if I do in store?

@mcs11 wrote:

Yay! Signed up my kid two weeks ago on this deal and have been waiting for it to pop up again so that I could port myself over (I didn’t have time during the last promo to do so). Thank you — glad I can finally transition over to PM!

Don't forget to use your kids number as a referral number!!  You should get the $10 additional credit but it will also lower their bill by $1 every 30 days

mcs11

Yay! Signed up my kid two weeks ago on this deal and have been waiting for it to pop up again so that I could port myself over (I didn’t have time during the last promo to do so). Thank you — glad I can finally transition over to PM!

Achoo

@Alan_K  This afternoon I signed up with Public Mobile without knowing about the flash sale happening tomorrow and Sunday until 3 hours later. I was wondering if I could take advantage of this deal, even though I am a day early? 

getbrenda

That sounds like a great deal.

I paid $30 last Sunday and still have not received any service 5 days later. 

Do you think the Moderators would give me that deal? (Laughing hysterically)

If that is the service I get for $30 I wonder what free gets you - sugar in the gas-tank?

@6500K wrote:

You guys are killing me!  I missed the last sale so I figure I'll just buy and activate a sim today.

I went to the Mobile Shop and bought one and activated it this afternoon.  Then I see this - ugh!

My timing is epically off.

I had a similar experience. I bought one when the exact same deal was on but didn't know about it and the guy at the store never told me. By the time I found out , I had the card activated and everything working.

Besides the little bump everthing has been great every since and I am super happy with PM.

Effort

It's great these deals show up but it's showing a precedent to not activate at Public Mobile unless theres a flash sale because these deals are so common. I'm speculating but I'm guessing less people are activating unless there's a sale now.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Wow ! Awesome deals, no provider's can macth this deals, also who looking the next Koodo Black Friday Migration Offer perfect time to jump in

You guys are killing me!  I missed the last sale so I figure I'll just buy and activate a sim today.

I went to the Mobile Shop and bought one and activated it this afternoon.  Then I see this - ugh!

My timing is epically off.

dna2016

Oh nice.  Always good to see these promos popping up.  Pretty decent offer.  Think it would be better if it went for a week though, give people enough time to check out the forum and act on the offer.  But then I guess it wouldn't be a "FLASH SALE" then would it. lol.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Great to have another weekend promo.

Need Help? Let's chat.