cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: FLASH SALE: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free*

@Jade_S 

So to be clear anyone activating between  August 21st and 24th will not be eligible for this promotion if they come a'calling or complaining.....a good deal to join public mobile and then keep them at their rate plan. Might be nice to offer on a YMMV basis with a CSA the ability to upgrade (only) their plan in case they need more data..... more cash in the coffers is always better than less!

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@Jade_S 

So to be clear anyone activating between  August 21st and 24th will not be eligible for this promotion if they come a'calling or complaining....

Why not ?The main marketing page ad for that bonus was  never taken down was it ?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@barndoor 

Yes but the dates are specific.

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@barndoor 

Yes, recent offer for this were for new activations during the following dates:

- July 9 only

- July 29 - Aug 3

- Aug 13-  16

- Aug 19 - 20

- and now Aug 25 - 31

barndoor

@darlicious wrote:

@barndoor 

LOL ...only so you old existing customers  get at it and reel in the referrals  ... there are no dates on the main marketing offer ...never has been that I have seen . 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Yes, recent offer for this were for new activations during the following dates:

- July 9 only

- July 29 - Aug 3

- Aug 13-  16

- Aug 19 - 20

- and now Aug 25 - 31

To me this basically implies that they intended to run the sale for most of July and August but are just marketing it as a "limited time offer, get it before it's gone" promo to reel in impulsive buyers. It's not perceived as something precious and desirable if it sits on the store shelf for a couple months. Panic and grab sales push, always a great way to get people to overspend now ... until a month or three later when the bills and the buyer's regret come in.

Plus this way they aren't committed more than a few days at a time, they can change things up more and react more quickly vs whatever promos the competitors might be offering.

It's just the usual unimpressive 4GB (plus or minus half a gig) for around $40 (plus or minus five bucks). Mobile phone companies want/expect their subscribers to pay $40/month, gotta keep pushing those ARPU values up. I don't even bother to find this same old news exciting because I know potential referrals won't find this same old news exciting.

If they'd offer this promo on the $25 plan then new customers would be all over it.

hoonjan13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey I did the activation with the promo code but do not see the 2gb additional data yet.

The promo code was entered at the end upon checkout.

Any ideas how to sort this out? Or am I simply just being impatient?

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@hoonjan13 : So you activated yourself online (not in a store) with a $35 or more plan and used the 2GBBONUS promo code in that activation step during the timeframes of the promo.

It could take a few days to arrive.

Edit: Nope. Update on the wording. For this specific offer thread time...it includes in-store.

hoonjan13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, I did it online. But exactly how you mentioned. 

It's been 2 days. I'll check in the next few days also. 

Thank you!

barndoor

@z10user4 wrote:

Edit: Nope. Update on the wording. For this specific offer thread time...it includes in-store.

@z10user4   .. Just wondering where  you found that because I am having problems translating some  PMese into english  .   😀

Need Help? Let's chat.