Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free* | Sept 3 - 7

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting September 3 to September 7 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by September 7 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by September 7 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $70 rate plans with using the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

102 REPLIES 102

Raman12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This promo is only for six months.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I agree with @mimmo.  It's fall and "Back to School" always drives these promos...but all I can say is Where have I seen this promotion before? 😁

@bluejaywpg 

Do you have a back up phone or a dual sim phone? A good work around would be similar to my data account (for the bf) that you may luck out and be able to get before Xmas with CCS or with both pm and CCS if you can stack promos. This should be offered at the holidays as it has in previous years....read through a couple of the posts that precede the linked post below for those who lucked out and got this deal in August.

Essentially in the end you get a $15 account w/5 to 7gb of add on data that you can activate when needed bridging two 30 day cycles of your main account that you use as a wifi hotspot. But you get 10.5gb of data for the first month and enough credit to cover 5×$15 plan amounts for $40 upfront.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Retail/CCS-latest-pm-marketing/m-p/716125/highlight/t...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bluejaywpg unfortunately all providers are in the market for new customers, hoping that current customers don't leave.   I doubt there will  any promos price reductions for new customers, only plan price increases.  If you find another provider with a better deal follow your wallet, but like many including me the rewards can act like an anchor it's easy to reach $5 off a month  which makes it hard to leave.

If you are in BC or Alberta shaw has/had a 3gb for 15$ dollar, freedom was $20 I think.  

@bluejaywpg 

Lol you need my extra data account that I don't need! What plan are you currently on? The $25?

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious hard to say exactly. I've been using close to 1.5 GB per month the last few months, but I expect that to go up due to a change in my work routine & schedule that started this week.

@bluejaywpg 

How much data are you looking for?

bluejaywpg

Now, about this promo...

The homepage for PM states...

"Get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when you activate on plans $35/mo+ by September 7th*"

It sounded like anyone could take advantage of this plan. I go look at the terms & conditions, & also this thread, & oops, new activations only. So much for possibly upgrading my plan. PM could've had more of my money but they said nope, new customers who activate online only. 

I remain a much-less-than-fully-satisfied customer once again. I guess I can say that the same amount of data at regular price is only $5 more anyway.

I'll keep waiting for the right offer before I upgrade to a more expensive plan.

bluejaywpg

"Giving people this and that when they  are already getting a good deal..."

Except that when you consider Canada's cell service costs compared to other countries, I have never in my life seen anything that I consider to be a "good deal". PM is simply the best in a bad lot when it comes to cost. Here, $35 - $2 (plus tax) gets you 3(?) GB THROTTLED data & unlimited Canada calling. 3 years ago, for roughly the same money, I could get 5 GB of 4G data in Iceland, but only 100 minutes of calling time.

Point is - if cell service providers want me as a customer, they had better bend over backwards. They have been laughing all the way to the bank for many years now standing straight (or perhaps bending over forwards) on top of the backs of their Canadian customers. PM has done a few good things to compensate for 3G-level service & make me at least slightly satisfied. So here I am as a begrudging customer after over a year. PM is the best deal (even if I am nowhere near satisfied it is the best we have right now).

@barndoor 

I don't disagree with your last statement but I think telus is happy the bandaid approach. Pm fulfills the federal government's mandate to offer affordable mobile services. I have compared pm to a beater car in the past. A classic Volkswagen camper van....you got deal on it. Parts of the floor are rusting out, the heater may or may not work but you can fix it on the side of the road with parts from crappy tire and it just keeps chugging along cheap on the pocketbook. It may not be for everyone but the ones who stay love it and they will  never upgrade to a shiny new Westfalia.

barndoor
Darlicious wrote "

@barndoor 

A free second or third month credit is a pretty standard promotion here sometimes excluding the $15  plan or both the $15 and $25 plans. But building up to black friday and the holiday season the promos get a little sweeter culminating with usually a free month credit and a 5gb data add on sometimes with a free sim card and the "more the merrier" campaign free gifts from pm should they choose to continue this holiday tradition.

for who  ..everyone or new customers ?

Why shouldn't a cheaper plan get a credit? It's essentially a BOGO FREE. So one $50 plan customer trumps two $25 plan customers? Quality beats quantity? The more you have to spend the more you get for free? Sounds like the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.....like a Conservative's economic stimulus plan of tax credits, tax holidays and tax write offs. This benefits only one segment of society those who least need extra cash in their wallets and bank accounts while those who most need a break on price get diddley squat. Disposable income level should not be the basis for customer retention rather diversification yields a reliable steady income source over the long run.

Really ?? Why do the cheaper plans need a credit  unless the competition is sneaking up ? Between the rewards and the loyalty and referral opportunities  where are you going to find a cheaper plan .

Public Mobile should be cautious straying too far from their core values that is their customer base. The less they spend on their loyal and passionately enthusiastic, volunteer marketing, sales and customer service staff more has to be spent on real employees that can be 100 times more expensive, far less informed and have a much higher turnover rate than the worst provider's customer churn rate.

What are their core values ?  ... I thought it was about getting the customer the best bang for their buck and getting other  customers to help out with sorting out technical issues to try and maintain a top notch level of care . 

What has happened to Public Mobile's irreverent bi-monthly contests, innovative and inclusive customer feedback threads? Collaborative referral bonus drives? Unique marketing promotions that created industry buzz resulting in free advertising and kept their competitors off balance and scrambling to keep market share? Boring, bland and predictable is a good way of becoming lost in an ever increasing field of resellers and standardized plans."

Boring and predictable is just fine with me  ...I hate surprises and  love it when it is boring and everything works the way it is supposed  to and I have service everyday. I watch the sales like this one and I have to wonder why ? I understand  a lost leader to gain you customers but the misleading info,   and fine print with pertinent details that is hard to find and the repeatability for no logical reason  just baffle me . Giving people this and that when they  are already getting a good deal just seems like poor logic to me but I realize there are those out there that love the deal game .   I could see PM upping the compensation for those that really help here  but but for me if they want to give a gift ...save your money and fix the glitches and the few spots of poor direction so there are even less customers coming here because they need assistance .

Orange331

There are several threads on redflagdeals that you can check out for details.

@Orange331 wrote:

Yes, you can get 10gb for $35 on Virgin or Fido right now. 

Link?

I only see 10GB for $50 on both websites.

@darlicious wrote:

@Orange331 

You are comparing apples and oranges.....

It's funny you are replying to Orange331  I guess Orange331 knows he/she is not an apple  LoL

@Orange331 

You are comparing apples and oranges.....those are postpaid plans requiring credit approval. Read the small print and you find that only strict adherence to the conditions prevents expensive overages and extra fees and the limitations on these plans and and there's the whole bad dog behavior problem you have to deal with on a monthly basis.

....on another note their referral program is pretty generous as it's based on your plan amount so good if you have a higher priced plan. But old dogs have a lot of tricks behind their collars...

Orange331

Yes, you can get 10gb for $35 on Virgin or Fido right now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Orange331 wrote:

What about customers who want to upgrade to this plan from a lower priced one? Is there a bonus or code that can be used for this? Several other providers are offering bonuses for back to school.

@Orange331 

that promo code 2GB Free, is for only new customer Actviate online only.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Orange331 : New activations only.

@Orange331   Nope.   Are the others offering cost reducing rewards like PM?

Orange331

What about customers who want to upgrade to this plan from a lower priced one? Is there a bonus or code that can be used for this? Several other providers are offering bonuses for back to school.

@barndoor 

A free second or third month credit is a pretty standard promotion here sometimes excluding the $15  plan or both the $15 and $25 plans. But building up to black friday and the holiday season the promos get a little sweeter culminating with usually a free month credit and a 5gb data add on sometimes with a free sim card and the "more the merrier" campaign free gifts from pm should they choose to continue this holiday tradition.

Why shouldn't a cheaper plan get a credit? It's essentially a BOGO FREE. So one $50 plan customer trumps two $25 plan customers? Quality beats quantity? The more you have to spend the more you get for free? Sounds like the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.....like a Conservative's economic stimulus plan of tax credits, tax holidays and tax write offs. This benefits only one segment of society those who least need extra cash in their wallets and bank accounts while those who most need a break on price get diddley squat. Disposable income level should not be the basis for customer retention rather diversification yields a reliable steady income source over the long run.

Public Mobile should be cautious straying too far from their core values that is their customer base. The less they spend on their loyal and passionately enthusiastic, volunteer marketing, sales and customer service staff more has to be spent on real employees that can be 100 times more expensive, far less informed and have a much higher turnover rate than the worst provider's customer churn rate.

What has happened to Public Mobile's irreverent bi-monthly contests, innovative and inclusive customer feedback threads? Collaborative referral bonus drives? Unique marketing promotions that created industry buzz resulting in free advertising and kept their competitors off balance and scrambling to keep market share? Boring, bland and predictable is a good way of becoming lost in an ever increasing field of resellers and standardized plans.

barndoor

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

Yeah except I have a referral looking for a free month credit because they don't need all that data.

Why would they expect a credit ? Why not drop to a cheaper plan  or if  they think they might need it down the road just suck it up . 

I don't see why the $15  and $25 deals need promos . By the time you get a bit of reward and look at the addons you can't get a much better deal anywhere else ... the higher priced plans seem to need the promo to make them competitive .

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

Yeah except I have a referral looking for a free month credit because they don't need all that data.

I agree, it's unfair to those who wants to activate the $15 and $25.  It has been so many months and there are not promos for people who activate the more basic plans.

rz2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What do you mean by if the account becoming inactive? Does that mean if I stop using the data altogether?

@Peckham 

Your welcome....I edited my reply the data will be added on your second month. You will see your $10 bonus referral credit added to your account within 72 hours but usually next day.

Peckham

Thanks for the advice!

@Peckham 

Good old Wal-Mart putting their commission first and their customers satisfaction second. Although @J_PM wasn't 100% clear what the data bonus is for retail (in store) activations I believe you are eligible for a monthly 2gb plan data bonus for 6 months. If you don't see the promo data added to the right side of your overview page under "my promotions" within two business days contact customer support to have it added. You can then schedule a plan change on next renewal to the $25/1gb plan for your 7th month. Or simply pay $5 more per month and switch to the $40/5gb plan at that time.

That also gives you plenty of time to refer 5 people to pm and earn $5 in rewards each month to pay for that small price increase for the additional 2gb of data. Welcome to public mobile!

Edit: Oops my mistake....the data added to your second month at PM.

Peckham

I activated a new account at a local Walmart yesterday. I opted for the $35 dollar plan to receive the 2 GB bonus. The gentlemen at Walmart stated that the bonus "would be applied on the back end"? Now reading the terms I understand that the bonus is for online activation only!

I will back off to the $25 plan unless I get the bonus applied.

@softech 

it's always nice to keep this promo running and running.

Need Help? Let's chat.