cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free* | Boxing week starts now!

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

Hey Community, 

Our 2GB of monthly data Flash Sale is back by popular demand!

Starting December 10 and extended to December 28 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free and 50% off their SIM card when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by December 28 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by December 28 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus and 50% off their SIM card 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

100 REPLIES 100

HI @s_moonie   , Yes, you will.  Activate before Dec 31 and you will get this bonus as well.

Also, remember to use the Promo code 2GBBonus and you will get monthlly reoccuring 2GB Data bonus as well.

s_moonie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What I mean is if I join PM and activate to get 5GB for $35, will I also receive the 2GB add on + 500min international calls bonus?

HI @s_moonie   This is a one time bonus, 2GB plus 500 Long Distance minutes.   It is one time bonus.  You can get it now.  And if they have another one next year, you will be getting it too

s_moonie

Will this promotion include the current add on bonus (2GB one time bonus + 400 international minutes) and/or future add on bonus/gift as well? 

CAUTION:

More confusion between recurring 30 day 2GB bonus for new $35+ accounts and the 2GB one time data add-on (plus a 500 minuted LD calling add-on) that is available to all customers. As mentioned, the Christmas gifts will automatically be added (before long) to new accounts activated in December, no text messages or YES required. 

AE_Collector

@bluejaywpg wrote:

"Our 2GB of monthly data Flash Sale is back by popular demand!"

Except that PM overlooked the part about popular demand from EXISTING CUSTOMERS. 😕

The sale never went anywhere.  I just think of it as the sale not guaranteed to continue past the stated date.

@ricebowl   new users do not have to reply SMS.  You will get the bonus without doing anything.  The bonus will add to your account within 4 days.    check back to your My Account

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

"Our 2GB of monthly data Flash Sale is back by popular demand!"

Except that PM overlooked the part about popular demand from EXISTING CUSTOMERS. 😕

ricebowl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

2 hours ago, I joined the $15 plan ($13 auto-pay month plan).  I am sure I saw that even $15 plan for a new joined customer will have the Free xmas bonus (till Dec 31), which include 500 min of free long distance call to 10+ countries, and the 1-time 2 GB data in the account.  

Please let me know if this is the case.  I haven't seen any txt asking me to click "YES" to accept this bonus.  when should I see on my self-serve account.  thanks

darkomega

It's the flash sale that never ends.

@AE_Collector wrote:

Hmm, just took a look to see if anything had changed for tomorrow Dec 24 since the last revision of this offer took it through Dec 23. I had big hopes for a bump in the offer beginning tomorrow.

But, it now has a new “Boxing Day” Title and it looks to have been extended through Dec 28 as is though maybe there will be more changes added tomorrow?

AE_Collector

As do I @AE_Collector - watching with baited breath.  😬

🎵"Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go, there will be trouble
And if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know....🎵

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Hmm, just took a look to see if anything had changed for tomorrow Dec 24 since the last revision of this offer took it through Dec 23. I had big hopes for a bump in the offer beginning tomorrow.

But, it now has a new “Boxing Day” Title and it looks to have been extended through Dec 28 as is though maybe there will be more changes added tomorrow? I also just noticed that this data bump Apple as to $35, $40, $50 and $70 plans so you are hooped if you choose the $60 plan! Probably not, most likely just an error in the listing but should get corrected.

AE_Collector

• 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 

@Anonymous 

I whole heartedly agree as that used to be the case.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So just more YMMV but now words need to be honoured. It just makes business sense to allow it.

@Anonymous 

Lol...I was just wondering when I had mentioned it. I thought it was coincidental that I asked exactly 4 months before Christmas.

But I still think some recoding had to be done to make it happen.

that's why I bookmarked the link.  For sure someone will ask this question in the future and it would be another heated debate (like the one yesterday  🙂 )  , or ppl might upgrade and found the promotion got removed..  It is answer publicly and they better honour the words

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Not to deflate your bubble...I hardly think you're the first person to ask this kind of question. It was asked back with the 5gb starting at $25 promo a couple years ago where we could even change down.

I think it was the flow of the thread where I got motivated to put the question to Melinda. She replied in the affirmative. It just simply makes sense to offer a promo for a set of plans starting at a minimum to be able to change up and down with that set of plans. Melinda made it make sense. The wording is the usual murky wording of this marketing department.

@Anonymous 

Has there been some secret recoding going on in the back rooms of pm that allows this ability to change plans and keep the recurring promotional bonus?

It looks like someone wanted to pull out an extra holiday surprise gift for customers seeing as I mentioned this 4 months before Christmas......talk about being able to keep a secret....Santa!!🎁

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-2GB-of-monthly-bonus-data-for-free/m-p/718185/highlight/true#M51888

need to keep the link so no argument in the future..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : Melinda's confirmation up thread.

Oh you just know the usual regulars will say to contact the CSA's...for everything.

@Anonymous wrote:

While that's indeed what the wording says but Melinda had confirmed that if one stays >=$35 plan then they would keep the promo data on the account.

@Anonymous 

So, it is confirmed that as long as you stick with $35 plan and above , you got to keep the reoccurring bonus?  no fighting?  no need to reply "Only CSA can help you"  ??

@sunflowergarden wrote:

@Melinda_H don't you think it would be a great customer loyalty move to give this same 2GB bonus to all of existing customer on like comparable plans. I have been with Public for a number of years. Seeing offers and promotions like this for new customers, makes me feel like Public does not care about my loyalty.

Choosing new customer acquisition over current customer retention is not a smart long term business move.

Please consider making older customer's feel as valued as new customers.

@sunflowergarden   It is a great suggestion!!!

BUT.. this industry is like that, they are more concern with new accounts, new activations.  Everyone give activation incentives and not many give loyalty reward. 

However, you are in luck.. you are with PM.. PM is the only one that gives you a Loyalty reward, $1 for a completion of a year upto $5 for 5 years.  Also, PM has been given out Holiday Bonus for the last 3 years and occasionally some mid-year bonus.    

Also, thanks to CRTC, porting is easier than ever.  So, if you don't mind the trouble, you can port easily between different providers and get the different activation bonus.    🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

Those activating with the 2GBBONUS promocode cannot change their rate plan or they will lose the promotional 2gb of bonus reoccurring plan data.

@darlicious : While that's indeed what the wording says but Melinda had confirmed that if one stays >=$35 plan then they would keep the promo data on the account.

@sunflowergarden 

No other provider gives holiday gifts like pm. The 2gb data add on ($30)+the 500 International calling minutes add on (up to $25)=$55 in gifted value. $55÷11 months=$5 per month exactly the difference in cost between the $35/3gb+2gb bonus new activation plan and the regular $40/5gb plan. By the time December the 12 month rolls around again another year of loyalty is earned =$12. And you kept any other rewards that you have earned. You also have the flexibility to upgrade or downgrade your plan as needed. Those activating with the 2GBBONUS promocode cannot change their rate plan or they will lose the promotional 2gb of bonus reoccurring plan data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sunflowergarden : There's nothing stopping any customer picking up any new promos into a new account.

As for appreciation...

gifts21.jpg

sunflowergarden

@Melinda_H don't you think it would be a great customer loyalty move to give this same 2GB bonus to all of existing customer on like comparable plans. I have been with Public for a number of years. Seeing offers and promotions like this for new customers, makes me feel like Public does not care about my loyalty.

Choosing new customer acquisition over current customer retention is not a smart long term business move.

Please consider making older customer's feel as valued as new customers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Melinda_H : Why is this duplicate thread pinned here? You already had a Flash Sale Announcement going covering these dates. I would suggest moving all these posts over to the unpinned thread and removing this thread.

(or do all pinned threads mirror an unpinned one? I guess I'll see when I click Post)

Edit: ok it is a mirror. Why pin the thread then?

@grissom50 

Are you asking about the holiday gifts text from 4911 or the 2GBBONUS promocode when activating?

jib_tech

@Melinda_H 

How about a free month credit for Christmas so I can hustle up a referral for that $30 bonus referral credit?!!

@grissom50 wrote:

deleted promo of 2GB in error

is there any way to obtain this ?

@grissom50 

You meant the Holiday 2GB offer, right?  First, try to sent to 4911 with "YES" and see if you get a reply saying you will get the bonus

If not, then you will have to open ticket with PM Support:

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.