cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: 2GB bonus for the next 6 months, 35+ plans!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting today until July 11 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of bonus data every month for free* for 6 months on $35 plans or higher with promo code: 6MONTH2GB

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions may apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Simply make note of the promo code: 6MONTH2GB
  2. To redeem this offer online, order a SIM card today, and then activate online by July 22, 2022 at 11:59PM ET. 

Offer Details:

• To redeem this offer online, order a SIM card between July 8 and July 11 at 11:59 PM EST, and then activate online by July 22 2022 at 11:59PM ET.
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50, 60 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here

- Public Mobile Team

19 REPLIES 19

taytan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I like my existing plan 🙂

@taytan wrote:

I think an additional summer promotion would go along way for existing customers 😀

HI @taytan   They rarely do that. 

I think they have only done it couple times, only in response to other carrier's promotion.  There was one (or two??) mid summer bonus because Shaw's was doing similar thing

Yes, would be nice if they start a new Summer tradition.

@taytan- There is a limited time plan offer if you're interested. Way too much money for my interest but many people seem interested.

taytan

I think an additional summer promotion would go along way for existing customers 😀

@taytan wrote:

I haven't seen any Data Gift promotions to existing customers in quite a while.

HI @taytan    not a long while...  They have been doing this every December

2GB bonus data  plus Free Long distance minutes for the last 3 Decembers.

You should be getting the next one in another 3.5 months 

taytan

I haven't seen any Data Gift promotions to existing customers in quite a while. Sure would be nice to see something like a free 5GB promotion, etc. It's alway about the new customer and nothing for existing.

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Though I am curious how such business arrangements come to be. It started as small kiosks in the store, then morphed into a full store-within-the-store like the doctor's offices, liquor outlets, optical stores, PC Financial, etc. Did Loblaws want to enter the cell market & go to Bell & others 1st? Or did bell approach Loblaws with the idea 1st? Or did Loblaws run it & then later sell it to Bell with the branding etc.?

@bluejaywpg wrote:

@computergeek541 according to Wikipedia...

"...the prepaid service continues to be owned and operated by Bell Mobility."

I take that to mean the branding is owned by Loblaws but otherwise the service is fully-owned by Bell, or worst case partially-owned by Bell, which still means Bell owns PC mobile. No source was given for this, & the About Us page on PC Mobile's website isn't really helpful. I'm assuming it was a similar arrangement with CIBC & the financial services provided by PC Financial when they did regular bank accounts (before those bank accounts were moved to Simplii Financial a few years ago - Simplii is a CIBC company).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PC_Mobile

That's corect. The service itself is fullly owned and provided by Bell.  For the PC Mobile name and branding, Bell doesn't own that and it's only used license.

bluejaywpg

@computergeek541 according to Wikipedia...

"...the prepaid service continues to be owned and operated by Bell Mobility."

I take that to mean the branding is owned by Loblaws but otherwise the service is fully-owned by Bell, or worst case partially-owned by Bell, which still means Bell owns PC mobile. No source was given for this, & the About Us page on PC Mobile's website isn't really helpful. I'm assuming it was a similar arrangement with CIBC & the financial services provided by PC Financial when they did regular bank accounts (before those bank accounts were moved to Simplii Financial a few years ago - Simplii is a CIBC company).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PC_Mobile

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Really? Loblaws owns the PC brand? I had no idea.....? That would make it a white label provider. /s

@bluejaywpg  @darlicious 

Bell doesn't own PC Mobile.  The brand itself is a trademark.of Loblaws.  With that said, PC Mobile customers are full fledged Bell customers.

bluejaywpg

@darlicious wrote:

@bluejaywpg 

And be at the mercy of Rogers? And lose out on the passive $7 discount you will eventually recieve?

Edit:

Correction....Bell owns PC Mobile. My bad.

Actually, I never realized PC Mobile was owned by any of the telcos. I wrongly assumed it was owned by Loblaws & that they contracted the big 3 to provide the cell service.

But yeah, the passive discount is 1 reason why I'm staying with PM - especially since leaving & coming back would mean being forced into the new & impaired rewards system, not to mention being reset to being a new customer. I'm just considering my options if I ever decide that I no longer want throttled-to-3G-level service.

@aaa60519- Find the page and direct their attention to it. The promo code is 2gbbonus. The current flash sale is 6month2gb. Show them the one that says it's "forever" and tell them to honour it. This place can often have difficulty with the concept of honour but it's their promo, make them stick to it. Ask to escalate to a more senior agent. Be polite, but firm.

aaa60519
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

the ad says " Bonus data will be applied for as long as you’re with us."

but CS agent added 2GB bonus 6 months for me.

im new joined to public on July1 so sad!!!

@LeePublic wrote:

@darlicious I would rather get unlimited data than these temporary promos. these promos are ho-hum...... and they can't get their hands on a SIM quickly anymore since PM went online only.

I would also have unlimtied data, even at a slow speed than promotional or bonus data.  However, that's something that Public Mobile has decided against.  When it comes to this promotions that only stay on the account for a relatively short period of time, I beleive that it encourages customers to churn away from Public Mobile to other carriers.  There are custoemr who will hop back an forth betwen new customer promotions at different carreiers.  A long term/permanent plan that the customer is happy with encourages customers to remain customers for longer.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious I would rather get unlimited data than these temporary promos. these promos are ho-hum...... and they can't get their hands on a SIM quickly anymore since PM went online only.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg 

And be at the mercy of Rogers? And lose out on the passive $7 discount you will eventually recieve?

Edit:

Correction....Bell owns PC Mobile. My bad.

bluejaywpg

It used to be 2 GB of extra data per month forever (until the customer changed the plan or left PM) right? I mean, I guess it's good if it allows you to take a lower plan for 6 months. And ONLY for new customers. And the exact same promo as chatr & Lucky on occasion.

Very underwhelming indeed.

@darlicious that they are not a Rogers company & the rewards lite program I guess. But sometimes I wonder if I should switch to PC Mobile for 4G & a few bucks more per month.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

How am I the first member replying to this announcement? It just goes to show how underwhelming this promotion is....and a disaster waiting to happen?!! Really order a sim card on a weekend and expect it to arrive in time to activate within a fortnight?

Im terribly disappointed....the end of public mobile at the retail level and this is the innovative promotion public mobile comes up with? Jeez the only thing public mobile has going for them now is the fact they are not owned by rogers....?😔

Need Help? Let's chat.