cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended for Cyber Monday - Get 20GB data for only $35 for 15 months!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting Tuesday, November 22, customers can get an additional 20GB of data for $35 a month for 15 months* For a limited time, save $20 a month on our $55 plan for 15 months* using the promo code: 20OFFMONTHLY

This offer is available to new customers who activate online. Offer ends today. Rules and conditions may apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

• Submit your email address here
  • Activate and select the 20GB for $55/month plan to receive a $20 credit for 15 months*

Offer Details: 

• Activate on the 20GB for $55/month plan using the promo code: 20OFFMONTHLY and For a limited time, receive a $20 credit for 15 months.   
  • Credit will drop off on month 16 or if the customer initiates a rate plan change, whichever is earlier.
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.
  • This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 5 to 10 business days. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

135 REPLIES 135

Nagallan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don’t see that offer on mine. 

Nagallan

I did but does not seem to work. I tried to chat with them but they said they couldn’t help. 

Nagallan

Not working

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Gchen @Nagallan 

Try it out in your account.

Gchen

There's a $40 for 15GB deal for existing customers if that helps 😕 Comes out to about $36 for me after the pre-authorized payment and loyalty bonuses.

Nagallan

Why can’t the existing customers have this deal. 

Gchen

As far as I know, if you're an existing customer it does not apply unfortunately.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@danvo1991 

Read my previous post. Your account cannot show a credit for a promotion for a plan you are not yet subscribed to....? You need to have a combination of faith, YMMV and ask yourself "Do I feel lucky? Well do ya?" 😁🤑☘️

danvo1991
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

is this deal for only new customer or apply to existing customer too? I applied the promo code in plan change but it wont show the $20 credit. will it applied in my next plan renewal? Tks

coztex

I saw that. Hope you're right

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@coztex 

Did you take a screenshot of your scheduled plan change noting the details of the promotion? These kind of discounts usually are applied upon renewal similar to your $$ rewards and will not be reflected in your amount due for renewal. Until you renew and your plan is changed you will not see the details of the promotion reflected in your account other than the scheduled plan change details page.

Screenshot_20221123_121022_Chrome~2.jpg

coztex

coztex_0-1669644635448.png

Where is the $20 off ??, I did submit my email address and received an email saying I was then eligible for the discount, I also put in the 20OFFMONTHLY code before. Am I getting the discount or not and why?

@zmh1175- Unofficially, some people seem to be getting that. But we don't know if they'll continue to get the $20. We also don't know if setting for the next renewal will work.

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just opened the account this week. But I chose the wrong plan. When I tried to change the plan by entering the promiton code. It shows like below. Do i still get the promotion?

WeChat Screenshot_20221127225219.png

jimtice

k thanks for your help, have a good day!

@jimtice- Yes you were to click the Add button and then you would see a green checkmark. Then the price at the bottom would drop.

I guess you need to contact support to ask them to fix it. Life happens. Click on the simon chatbot link down below and get to submit a ticket.

jimtice

hmmm, it is a new activation. I typed in 20offmonthly but don't recall if I got a green check mark. but it let me go to the next step so I didn't see anything wrong.

@jimtice- Was this a new account or did you try the change plan? The change plan is unofficial and we don't yet know what all might happen. But it seems some people seemed to have got it while it remains unknown whether they will get the $20.

As for activation, did you type in the right code and did you get a green checkmark when you clicked add? I just tried it and I get the immediate reduction in price.

jimtice

did this and put in promo code but it charged me for $55 plus tax, help, how do I fix this?

@Glally wrote:

I don't know if that's true. While you will need to activate the sim online, I've heard you can buy the sim cards at corporate Telus an Koodo stores.

Link: https://mobilesyrup.com/2022/05/04/public-mobile-100-ercent-online-only/

Yes. The above is true.

Glally

I don't know if that's true. While you will need to activate the sim online, I've heard you can buy the sim cards at corporate Telus and Koodo stores.

Link: https://mobilesyrup.com/2022/05/04/public-mobile-100-ercent-online-only/

mariawilkerson

SIM cards are now only sold through Public Mobile

Glally

You will definitely need the sim card. My best bet would be to go to your nearest store that sells the sim cards.

Kim89

@Robynesque @ I wanted it to but existing customers can't get this deal however if you look through the plans it's now 45$ for us and I switched to that as it's $10 cheaper and doesn't change after 15 months.

Glally

Anonymous00, I would say the $40 15 gig plan would be the best value if you want more data. With auto pay it would come down to $38.

Robynesque

I want this offer but I already have a SIM card and have been with public mobile for years.

Please respond with how I can sign up. I can’t seem to figure out how to get this offer from my signed in account.

Thanks.

Robyn.

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It would be nice if public mobile gives customers who need less data some good deals too. 

abagherita

I’m going to need you to verify my identity then input this promo plan for me because I am not able to do it myself. I followed the directions go a T but it doesn’t work. And in your ad about it, it doesn’t say its for new customers only. But when I input the promo code and select the $55 plan with $20 off for 15months…it says for new customers only. I removed my payment info from pre authorized option, and will just not continue my plan otherwise, because for $40/month with freedom mobile, I get 50GB data and when used up, I still have unlimited data but at lower speed after that. I’d be crazy to stay with public mobile. You guys don’t even have a customer service # to talk to a rep on the phone. I have to go in wifi when out of data, and message you guys and wait ages for back and forth correspondence and hope for resolution.

cellphone4me

I'm wondering the same thing.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

I've never been big on these type of temporary price promotions. I feel that after the 15 months, the price increase encourages customers to cancel the service.

Yes, PM does not have 2 years contract using phone sale to keep the customer to stay after 15 months.

Need Help? Let's chat.