cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: We’ve Expanded Our Offerings: Introducing 3G Speed + BONUS Data

My 2 cents match almost everyone else's.
This is: 1, absolutely working backwards offering 3G only plans
2, the 3G plans seem to be the price of the old 4G LTE plans
3, adding a HUGE amount of complexity to selecting a plan without really offering any savings. Add one 3G 1GB option if you must, but come on.
4, where did my beloved cheap PM go?? These prices are getting into big three BYOD territory

I know you guys are dying to close this thread so get to it haha
Mayor / Maire

What PM should do?

Like Cooking, when something went wrong, Refire with new ingredients.

So, The current Plans as is, Toss them, and start afresh

Also where exactly are they getting the information "what our customers want" ? Is there surveys going around I don't know about?
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Smiley Sad(

what incentive does this pricing give a new customer to switch to PM or to select PM over the competiton???

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

OMG PM offering 3G, FM don't even offer 3G anymore, 3G the smartphone last 12 hours, if 4G LTE for this price, I am sure lots peeps will jumping on the bandwagon.

It really does feel like a masive regression in terms of pricing and data speeds with the new cost structure - it appears the PM is positioning itself to be the 'Telus version of Chatr' when you compare pricing.  The PM brand has changed during today and not for the better, in my opinion.  

I agree with what many have already said, moving to offer 3G is regressive instead of the progressive model that PM offered this morning (Let alone offering 3G plans for more $$ than you offered LTE 12 hours ago).  This price structure is moving a lot of loyal PM'ers to not bother referring anyone to the brand because there is no incentive for new customers to come here - especially if there is no one to call if issues arise.

This leaves the Canadian wireless landscape with only one real and viable low-cost carrier - Freedom Mobile.  And once they have their 700 Mhz spectrum up and running, it will drastically make them real contender against the big 3.  PM-  you've left a bad taste in our mouths after today.

The other issue, which I know PM can't control, but should be aware of is every other company offers unadvertised promotions, like my wife has 5GB of 4G LTE data, Canada wide calling, and better roaming options, Fido dollars, call center, physical stores, for $60 with Fido because she called and they gave it to her. Now PM can't compete at all with that.

If PM just HAS to have 3G incorporated somewhere make cheaper 3G data addons
Mayor / Maire

@kav2001c, I agree.

@Jeremy_M, I must admit, having a 2 Tier System

One for 3G

Other for 4G

I think PM should perhaps NOT do that 2 Tier system

OR, Have the 3G in a Separate area, W. it's Own Separate Fees and such.

The 4G diagram is great as it was BEFORE these changes or recent.

PM should Reconsider this, I think PPL Might not be as forgiving

IF PM had more Options for the 4G, LIKE Higher Data Plans at more Competitive pricing, like fairly cheap, Then perhaps the 3G Plan offerings might NOT need to be necessary

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The 18gb, 3g plan isn't that bad at all.