cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: We’ve Expanded Our Offerings: Introducing 3G Speed + BONUS Data

I Think PM needs to possibly rethink the approach, as the new changes look frightening.

I think the 3G Plan thing should have been introduced in more Baby Steps, and the 4G Plans adjustments fees adjusted gradually

My Current 90 Day UnLim Can-US Talk+Global Txt+6GB  = $150

NOW that same plan is $210, a $60 Increase

That can be more frightening than Heath Ledger Joker, just saying

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'd like to add my voice as well to say I'm not impressed by these offerings at all. Seems to be almost identical to Chatr in terms of pricing, data buckets and 3G speeds. Very disappointing to see price increases and less value when the flanker brands "compete" with each other.

chatr.JPG

The LTE plans pricing doesn't make sense any more. Why would anyone give up call centre support, physical stores/kiosks, Canada-wide calls, and prorated refunds when canceling service with Virgin/Fido/Koodo? Based on these prices, there is no reason to sign up with Public Mobile as a new customer.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi to All,

I smell chatr here for a limited time Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

I must admit, PM's latest unveiling of new Plans Layout, Out of 10:

To be 100% Fair

7.5/10 for effort

4.5/10 for Pricing

4/10 for Add-On

I think PM should consider delaying the implementation of plans until pricing can be corrected, to avoid potential chaos

TK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Chatr New AUTO-PAY PLANS are more interesting,

$50/month

6G data at 3G, unlimited reduced speed

unlimited Can/US talk

text

The plans are in Zone, if does not matter

Mayor / Maire

My main issue is the increase in complexity the new plans create

We already have tons of new members complaining as is about 90 day bill cycles, now they need to determine speed of data they want?

Why even do 3G plans when every other carrier seems to be ditching 3G?

I also notice the 10 day plan option has dissapeared and while it was probably not the most popular option it is unfortunate

Mayor / Maire

Yes, the 10-day option was useful for resetting the 90 day countdown until expired accounts were deleted.  Now, the cheapest option for that is 30-day texting for $20.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I visited PM to copy the URL and send it over to a friend, was shocked by seeing these ridiculous prices! Everyone is trying to improve and you guys are working backward, from LTE to 3G?

I pay 30 bucks for 1GB now, but must pay 40 from next month for 3G.

Should start searching for a better deal.  :/ 

Smiley Frustrated

TK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@nordmann

The new prices does not affect existing clients

Mayor / Maire

While what @srlawren seems to explain the sudden change of prices by reminding us that now the "LTE throttle" has stopped, Telus is really punishing users here for accessing full speed data. We might expect a raise in prices but a direct 50% in one night sounds more like PM is starting to give a full complete service including call center , more support online instead of limiting it to just the community now , the same community that is shocked with such prices . Now I am wondering how long will it be until our prices get raised as well. ?. I believe that PM could have done way better then this in a softer way