Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended: We’ve Expanded Our Offerings: Introducing 3G Speed + BONUS Data

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community!

We’re happy to announce that we’ve added 3G data options to our offerings in order to give you more choice. Our vision has always been to do wireless differently and that translates into our commitment to always offer you the most choice and flexibility in your plans.

You’ll now be able to build plans with either 3G or 4G LTE data speeds on Canada’s largest mobile network.

Along with launching new 3G data options, we're offering you bonus 3G data for a limited time when you activate on a 90-day plan. During this promotional period, we're featuring three amazing plans:

Length

Talk

Text

Data at 3G Speed**

Price

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Province-Wide Talk

Unlimited Global Text

12GB + 6GB Bonus Data

= 6GB / 30 days

$150

= $50 / 30 days*

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

6GB + 6GB Bonus Data

= 4GB / 30 days

$129

= $43 / 30 days*

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

3GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 2GB / 30 days

$120

= $40 / 30 days*

*Prices include $2 Reward per 30 days when you register with AutoPay on a 90-day plan.

There are plenty more plan options to explore, so feel free to play around with the new calculator to find a combination that’s right for you!

Interested? Here’s how to score one of these deals.

First, you’ll need a SIM card. You can order one here or visit a participating Walmart or WOW! mobile boutique to purchase. Once you have your SIM card in hand, follow these easy steps:

1.    Activate your SIM card here.
  2.    After you’ve entered your information and selected a phone number or ported over your number from another provider, you’ll be prompted to choose a plan. Select the following combination to score one of our limited time offers:
  •     90-day pass
  •     Unlimited Province-Wide Talk
  •     Unlimited Global Text
  •     Your desired data allotment:

3 + 3GB BONUS at 3G Speed /90 days = 2GB / 30 days

6 + 6GB BONUS at 3G Speed /90 days = 4GB / 30 days

12 + 6GB BONUS at 3G Speed /90 days = 6GB / 30 days

1.    Select your payment method (don’t forget to sign up for AutoPay to receive the $2 Reward / 30 days) and finalize the rest of the activation process.

Things to know

•     This promotional bonus data offer is only for a limited time.
  •     Once an end date is communicated, it is the last day you can activate on our promotional plans. The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online and have not yet arrived or been activated.

What’s the difference between 3G and 4G LTE?** Good question.

3G is a great option if you mostly use data to check Facebook, respond to emails or browse the web, but you may experience a slight reduction in picture quality and some buffering when viewing videos. 4G LTE is our fastest data option. If you’re looking to do all the above, plus stream HD videos and consume dynamic content, like Snapchat or Instagram stories, without compromising on image quality or a seamless video experience, 4G LTE is our recommended data speed for you!

Check out this video below to better visualize the difference:

**Plans with 4G LTE data can access maximum LTE download speeds (manufacturer rated at up to 750 Mbps; expected average speeds 12-200 Mbps). Plans with 3G data may reach download speeds of up to 3 Mbps, with the coverage and reliability of the LTE network. Speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, applicable network management and other factors. For a description of Public Mobile’s network management practices, please see https://www.publicmobile.ca/pdfs/Wireless_Video_Experience_Optimization.pdf. Compatible device required.

Are you a current Public Mobile customer?

If you’re already a customer (joined prior to the 3G launch), this change will not affect your current plan. Looking to change your current plan? No problem - use the Self Serve portal to make plan changes for your next renewal date, but keep in mind: once changes have been made, you will not be able to switch back to your current plan at a later date if it’s no longer available. View our Service Terms for more details.

You’ll also notice that we have removed and grandfathered the 10-day plan. We did this in order to refocus our resources and stay focused on what our customers want.

Public Mobile Community Team

646 REPLIES 646

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai confirmed.  I got just over 3 each way also:

Screenshot_20171207-160852.jpg

Still happier with my 4G account though....  🙂

Screenshot_20171207-161031.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Update: Just did a speed test, The 3G speed is now upgraded to 3mbps down and 3mbps up, probably due to Lucky Mobile launch 🙂

Rockdaddy22
Please keep us updated on your issues.

Hannah790
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thank you

Hannah790

thank you thank you

Rockdaddy22
Unfortunately a tag isn't what you want here. As mentioned above, you want to send a private message to a mod, a mod here is a Public Mobile customer service rep. They will be able to assist you with you account issues.

@Hannah790

Click on @CS_Agent and send them a private message. Include your phone number, name, etc.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Hannah790,

No problem.

Hannah790

thank you, iam so new to this only been on PM like 2 months,

where do i find what your tag?

Michael77

@Hannah790,

@Jeremy_M

I just tagged the @moderator_team for you.  Thanks.

Hannah790

thank you,

how do i cantact the moderate though?

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Hannah790 I believe Public Mobile attempts to have two options for people changing plans. One to change right away and get charge immediately a top up to the new plan's fee, the difference between the old and new plan (in your case sounds like it would be $80). The other option to switch at the next billing cycle. Either option would have the first full single payment of the new plan price (in your case sounds like it would be $148) be on the next billing cycle (in your case sounds like it would be Sept 24 - Oct 24).

It overall is possible just a timing issues. If you could wait until your next billing cycle to see if the issue resolves itself. If you can't wait it likely would be best to contact a Moderator.

Hannah790

hi thank you for response,

i understand the 148$ was due to change of plan, it activate as the moment as i change it. what bout the 68$ that i was due the same mins as i was trying to change the plan? iam confuse cus as of now it look like iam charge with 68$ from Aug 24-Sept 24, the $148 when is it start charging?

thank you,

hannah

@Hannah790 when you change your plan, you need to pay again because this is a pre-paid service. So you are paying for another 90 days, thats where the $148 comes from. 

Hannah790

Hi can someone please help,

I try to pay my current usage as the month end, its usually $50 but keep having trouble, even though it said i paided but my phone still not working. So i try  change my plan to the new offer 3G+bonus for 90days plan, total come out $148 with tax  to activate right away and my phone work. now i see 2 charges one for 68$ and another $148. it look like iam paying 2 tranactions for the same month of service. iam so confuse pls help:( 

Hannah

MJN

Thank yoy for the clearification.

Michael77
@igor_airgms,

Thanks for sharing. Nice to hear everything was resolved quickly.

Thanks PM! 🙂

SD08

@MJN

You have a 4G/LTE plan. All plans activated before July 13, 2017, the date of introduction of PM's 3G plans, are by default LTE.

Also, you can tell by your plan details under Plan & Add-ons. Any 3G plan is marked as 3G like this:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/How-to-tell-data-plan-speed/m-p/173079/...

MJN

This is my current plan for $111

• This plan includes: -
  • - 3 Choices
  • - 3GB Data
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

Is this plan at 4G or 3G?

Thanks

Rockdaddy22
Thank you so much for the update, glad everything worked out 🙂

igor_airgms
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, everything was resolved withing 30 mins! I was actually quite impressed it was that quick.

I had very bad experience with Rogers and Tellus in the past and you guys rock!

srlawren

@igor_airgms I believe all those issues were resolved for everyone by 5pm EST on Sunday.  Is everything okay now?  If not, please send a private message to the moderator team using this link.

@Mypm1 has this been corrected?  If not, please use the link above to private message the moderator team for assistance.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SD08

@igor_airgms wrote:

I switched my plan to your new top plan (12GB + 6GB Bonus Data). It did work for a few days and now stopped working. Your system says there is balance outstanding. When I'm trying to compelte my payment it does give me an error.

Tried two different credit cards.

And on top of that your own payment history section shows that I've been charged twice already. I believe there is some problem where new plan was added on top of the old one and both of them suspended for some reason. 

I need my phone working asap. Can you help?

@igor_airgms

The moderators are currently dealing with a lot of service requests similar to yours.  To ensure your request makes it into their help queue as soon as possible,

click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Include your account #, e-mail address and phone number. 

Michael77
I've tagged the moderators for you. They are very busy helping other customers. Hopefully they will help you soon. Thanks.

@CS_Agent

igor_airgms
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched my plan to your new top plan (12GB + 6GB Bonus Data). It did work for a few days and now stopped working. Your system says there is balance outstanding. When I'm trying to compelte my payment it does give me an error.

Tried two different credit cards.

And on top of that your own payment history section shows that I've been charged twice already. I believe there is some problem where new plan was added on top of the old one and both of them suspended for some reason. 

I need my phone working asap. Can you help?

Slammer111

Looks like the Freedom Mobile plan is no more.  Wow that was one quick promotion.

Mypm1
I just joined and port my number in from Telus. I did the 3gb+3gb LTE plan but my account is only showing that I have 3gb total - not 6. I'm annoyed because I left a good plan for what I thought was a great plan and it's not being honored. I printed my receipt from signing up which proves I get 6gb/30 days yet my account shows 3gb.

Now I know why it's important to have a customer support phone number , this is so frustrating and I'll likely be gone before my time is up. Help please

Rockdaddy22
That's very true:)

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
The nice thing with these 3G plans is because they still use the LTE network, customers will typically see lower latency than they would if it were capped to regular HSPA (like with Chatr). So even if there's a lower amount of throughout available it still provides a faster feeling experience when loading web pages, emails, posts on social media, etc (and really, that is what these plans are designed for).

Rockdaddy22
That's great to here, I've had much the same experience testing it out.
Need Help? Let's chat.