cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Public Mobile

Effective February 15th, changes are happening to Legacy/ Pioneer rate plans

Hey Community,

We have some important information to share with our Legacy/Pioneer customers. As a reminder, Legacy/Pioneer customers are those who continue to have access to the call centre and are on one of the five plans listed below.

• $22 Province-Wide Talk
  • $28 Canada-Wide Talk + Text
  • $43 Canada-Wide Talk + Text + 1GB Data
  • $48 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 1GB Data
  • $63 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 2GB Data

As you know, Public Mobile has been on a journey to become an online-only brand and give Canadians control of their wireless spend. Along this journey, we will need to make some changes to adapt. To that end, effective February 15th, 2018, all Legacy/Pioneer rate plans will increase in price. The reason for the price increase is simple: operating a call centre is expensive and, as the number of Legacy/Pioneer customers decreases, we lose the scale that has allowed us to operate it to date.

With that said, what we care about most is our customers and we want you to continue feeling good about your wireless choice, so we’ve worked with our sister brand, Koodo, to offer all Legacy/Pioneer customers a way to keep the same price. For a limited time, from January 10th to February 9th, 2018, Legacy/Pioneer customers can join Koodo with a similar rate plan that they have now with Public Mobile, at the same price they pay today. If you are a Legacy/Pioneer customer, you are eligible for this offer and you will be hearing from us over the next few days with details on how to take advantage of this deal.

If you are not a Legacy/Pioneer customer, this price increase and the above offer do not apply to you and you can continue enjoying your current plan.

To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/serviceupdate.   

Thank you for your continued support as we evolve and change Smiley Happy

The Public Mobile Team

Tags (1)
Oracle

Re: Effective February 15th, changes are happening to Legacy/ Pioneer rate plans

Wow, people are still on these legacy plans. If you like these rates and want to keep the same plan, just move to koodo. The service will be exactly the same. 

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Effective February 15th, changes are happening to Legacy/ Pioneer rate plans

Sounds like a fair deal to me.

If you want the same plan move to Koodo.

If you want to stay with Public you will get a current plan. 

Not bad. 

Some people with legacy plan love public mobile still obviously.  They dont want to move. Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

Sound like a fair option. 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Just get it over with and move everyone to Koodo Cat Frustrated

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Nice to see that PM is offering their legacy customers an option to keep their current rate plan with Koodo. A lot of other providers would just raise the rates and that's it. This seems pretty fair to me. 

Tags (1)

WOW! $63 for 2gb data

I hope everyone on that plan switched during the $60 10GB promo

Oracle

All please note that it says a "similar" plan; not "same". 

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.

@Luddite Good catch.