Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effective February 15th, changes are happening to Legacy/ Pioneer rate plans

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We have some important information to share with our Legacy/Pioneer customers. As a reminder, Legacy/Pioneer customers are those who continue to have access to the call centre and are on one of the five plans listed below.

• $22 Province-Wide Talk
  • $28 Canada-Wide Talk + Text
  • $43 Canada-Wide Talk + Text + 1GB Data
  • $48 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 1GB Data
  • $63 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 2GB Data

As you know, Public Mobile has been on a journey to become an online-only brand and give Canadians control of their wireless spend. Along this journey, we will need to make some changes to adapt. To that end, effective February 15th, 2018, all Legacy/Pioneer rate plans will increase in price. The reason for the price increase is simple: operating a call centre is expensive and, as the number of Legacy/Pioneer customers decreases, we lose the scale that has allowed us to operate it to date.

With that said, what we care about most is our customers and we want you to continue feeling good about your wireless choice, so we’ve worked with our sister brand, Koodo, to offer all Legacy/Pioneer customers a way to keep the same price. For a limited time, from January 10th to February 9th, 2018, Legacy/Pioneer customers can join Koodo with a similar rate plan that they have now with Public Mobile, at the same price they pay today. If you are a Legacy/Pioneer customer, you are eligible for this offer and you will be hearing from us over the next few days with details on how to take advantage of this deal.

If you are not a Legacy/Pioneer customer, this price increase and the above offer do not apply to you and you can continue enjoying your current plan.

To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/serviceupdate.   

Thank you for your continued support as we evolve and change Smiley Happy

The Public Mobile Team

313 REPLIES 313

Rabbi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@imm1304 wrote:

The Legacy plan prices are going up by $2/30 days except for the $28 plan which is going up by $5.  

@Brooke_C, Is it possible to run some sort of awareness campaign to convert the legacy folks to the new in-market plans?  The current in-market (non-legacy) plans offer good value for the Legacy customers and it may be worthwhile to dedicate some effort to allay their fears of losing the call center support and convert them to regular PM customers.  The Rewards eligibility alone is a strong motivator but most legacy customers don't understand just how much they stand to save if they migrate to a regular plan.  

@Brooke_C i know from a lot of peple of my coomunty thay wos by pm thay switch to koodo for the same plan price 

now i ask tham come to pm for a good price plan thay ask me, "that pm still open", thay mean that pm try to close thay brand, thay send tham to koodo, that don't know that pm have plans without 611,

please let know all old custmer about pm new plans for tham to got a good price & for you to keep tham for pm custmers

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@imm1304, We've chosen to bring more awareness around the Koodo offer using SMS, for example, as we've heard feedback from some customers that they prefer a more traditional telco approach with access to both stores and a call centre.  Knowing this, we wanted to ensure Legacy/ Pioneers customers who appreciate these services have the option to take advantage of them by simply migrating over to our sister brand Koodo. That being said, if Legacy customers would like to switch to a new Public plan, they can continue to do so Smiley Happy

@Vickel wrote:

WOW! $63 for 2gb data

I hope everyone on that plan switched during the $60 10GB promo

Most likely not.  Some people are great shoppers, many not so much.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The Legacy plan prices are going up by $2/30 days except for the $28 plan which is going up by $5.  

@Brooke_C, Is it possible to run some sort of awareness campaign to convert the legacy folks to the new in-market plans?  The current in-market (non-legacy) plans offer good value for the Legacy customers and it may be worthwhile to dedicate some effort to allay their fears of losing the call center support and convert them to regular PM customers.  The Rewards eligibility alone is a strong motivator but most legacy customers don't understand just how much they stand to save if they migrate to a regular plan.  

denkom

@Luddite Good catch.

All please note that it says a "similar" plan; not "same". 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Vickel

WOW! $63 for 2gb data

I hope everyone on that plan switched during the $60 10GB promo

denkom

Nice to see that PM is offering their legacy customers an option to keep their current rate plan with Koodo. A lot of other providers would just raise the rates and that's it. This seems pretty fair to me. 

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just get it over with and move everyone to Koodo Cat Frustrated

Sound like a fair option. 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Some people with legacy plan love public mobile still obviously.  They dont want to move. Smiley Happy

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sounds like a fair deal to me.

If you want the same plan move to Koodo.

If you want to stay with Public you will get a current plan. 

Not bad. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Wow, people are still on these legacy plans. If you like these rates and want to keep the same plan, just move to koodo. The service will be exactly the same. 

Need Help? Let's chat.