cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Effective April 1, changes are happening to Legacy/ Pioneer rate plans

Hello, my current plan is 25 CAD / month (Unlimited Canada-wide Talk + Unlimited Text). I have 360.638 MB  1039.576 MB DATA as Add-ons. If I move to KOODO:

1) Will by $25/MONTH bill will be continued after 1-April-2017 ?
2) My Add-Ons of 360.638 MB  /  1039.576 MB DATA will be transferred to my Koodo Account ? 
3) As a transferred koodo user,  am I eligible for iphone 7 (128GB) with medium caps ? 

Oracle

@syed_milad wrote:

Hello, my current plan is 25 CAD / month (Unlimited Canada-wide Talk + Unlimited Text). I have 360.638 MB  1039.576 MB DATA as Add-ons. If I move to KOODO:

1) Will by $25/MONTH bill will be continued after 1-April-2017 ?
2) My Add-Ons of 360.638 MB  /  1039.576 MB DATA will be transferred to my Koodo Account ? 
3) As a transferred koodo user,  am I eligible for iphone 7 (128GB) with medium caps ? 

1) Yes, they will give you the same plan at Koodo.  You'll need a promo code received in a text msg from PM.
2)  As per the FAQ in the link that Brooke_C included in her post, any add-ons that remain in your account cannot be transferred to Koodo.  Any balances (available funds), up to $300 will be transferred.
3) There is mention of a Koodo phone tab, which perhaps covers what you're looking for.

Be sure to read all the FAQ in the link, as it will likely answer all your questions:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/serviceupdate

the equivalent amount of remaining data ADD ONS will be transfered to my koodo account ? any idea ??? 

Oracle

@syed_milad wrote:

the equivalent amount of remaining data ADD ONS will be transfered to my koodo account ? any idea ??? 

No.  None of your "add-ons" will transfer.  They will be forfeited.

Please read the Question & Answer section in the link.  It's all covered there.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So, I got a text from PM about this, and decided to bring this up with the rest of my family - who all are also on PM. One of which said Koodo has less coverage than PM. Can anyone confirm this? From what everyone else has said so far in this thread, it doesn't seem like there are any cons to this offer, but I can't believe it's true.

There must be some kind of con, correct? Anything at all? Is there any sort of issue with Koodo that would make it bad to switch over?

(Also, just to note, I got the $25 Canadian-Wide calling and Texting plan)
Oracle

@CuriousRandUser

Telus owns both Koodo and PM, so they all have the same network, which by the way, includes Bell cell towers across Canada, as Telus and Bell share infrastructure.  Coverage is not an issue moving from PM to Koodo.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It seems to me that it's a whole tactic. I have a grandfather plan unlimited canada wide calling and text. for 25$ a month. 

from what I've read PM can't actually change our plans prices, but I might be wrong.

By making us move to koodo they are getting the opportunity to sales preasure us into getting bigger plans including data. And most of us have our own phones so lets not forget that without a contract( not taking a phone) legally speaking koodo can actually do what they want and simply tell us that our new plan (PM replacement plans) aren't going to be offered no more ( legally speaking they can do what they want with a 30 day notice if we don't have a contract). I've already gotten that done to me by Virgin mobile. 

Oracle

@humonculi  The original post of this of this thread is that as of April 1 all legacy plans are going up $3 a month.  Your $25 is the only one that still makes sense to stay without changing to a new PM plan.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *

received email from public mobile Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Public Mobile here. We've just completed the transition to our new Canadawide
4G network, and
we hope you are enjoying all the benefits.
Continuing to provide our customers with competitive rates is really important to us. That's why we
have decided to make a significant change to the way we do business. Starting August 25th, we
are closing all Public Mobile stores and moving to new Self Serve options. We understand this
is a big change for customers who are used to making payments instore

etc

the last point

Self Serve is an easy way to manage your account online or through our automated touch tone
phone system at your convenience, 24/7. You'll be able to make payments without the $3 instore
payment fee, track your usage, make changes to your rate plan, and much more. Registering for
Self Serve is easy; all you need is an email address and your Public Mobile phone number. Visit
SelfServe.PublicMobile.ca to get started.
It is important to note that you are still a Public Mobile customer and your rate plan will not change
as long as you continue to make your payments.
Let's keep the conversation going.
Public Mobile

Now  we have to goto koodo

Its  a scam 

public mobile broke its promise and you are all so happy

Surprised you do not keep your emails