Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effective April 1, changes are happening to Legacy/ Pioneer rate plans

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

Public Mobile is continuing our evolution to an online-only brand with the goal to provide customers more choice in a clear and uncomplicated way.  Along this journey, we are making some changes. On April 1, 2017, all Legacy/ Pioneer rate plans will increase by $3 per month.

If you are not on a Legacy rate plan this increase does not apply to you.

You are considered a Legacy/ Pioneer customer if you are currently on one of the following rate plans that was available prior to January 27, 2015:

• $19 Province-Wide Talk
  • $25 Canada-Wide Talk + Text
  • $40 Canada-Wide Talk + Text + 1GB Data
  • $45 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 1GB Data
  • $60 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 2GB Data

To learn more, click here.

Thanks,

Public Mobile Community team

251 REPLIES 251

classleg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

email this to all the news outlets.  every paper, tv, electronic form available.

include every paper, and electronic promise public mobile made.

to whom it may concern:

watchdog, consumer protection, news

public mobile is increasing the price on customers... to whom they promised would always have the same price.

public mobile, owned by telus, is reneging on their promise.
'grandfathered' plans are being increased by $3.00. or you can switch to koodo.

they have always said, in print, in advertising, emails, text messages...
that the rate will always remain the same for the customers who joined first.
they also said this during their 4G conversion.

now, they want to increase the price, get rid of the call center, and have customers change phone companies.

thousands of people are now seeing an increase in price, or the option to switch companies.

i don't know how many people are on the 'grandfathered' plan.
it is probably thousands. possibly, tens of thousands.

this move to increase the price of public mobile is a 'cash grab' and a move to have people forget about the promises public mobile made. once people have switched to koodo, telus will be able to increase their price as much as they want.

please investigate, please report.

thank you,
-

Rambo
Post a link that shows this "promise" and you may be on to something.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yikes - this thread has really gone sideways.

Smiley Frustrated

It appears that I am in the minority... but I don't think PM is off-side here.

With that said, I understand that many peeps are upset....  hope you are all able get to a happier place regarding these changes.

Good Luck!

@classleg  do you really believe, or anyone else for that matter, that PM/ Koodo would have done this without confirming with whatever legal department they have that this was above board?

Of course they did, and i'm sure whatever consumer agency or watchdog or whatever could nt be bothered.  The daily "evil" perpetrated by rogers and bell would far outweigh a VERY reasonable offer made to you by PM.

You are being given the option to stay on the same network, with the same Parent company, with absolutely no additional cost to you, plus one month of free service????

Costs of business and forward progress are a necessity in life, and PM's model is call center free, therefore it would be a natural progression to slowly work to eliminate the coistly call centers.

TheOldVR

@CaNuCk07 wrote:

@classleg  do you really believe, or anyone else for that matter, that PM/ Koodo would have done this without confirming with whatever legal department they have that this was above board?

Of course they did, and i'm sure whatever consumer agency or watchdog or whatever could nt be bothered.  The daily "evil" perpetrated by rogers and bell would far outweigh a VERY reasonable offer.

You are being given the option to stay on the same network, with the same Parent company, with absolutely no additional cost to you, plus one month of free service????

^^ Have to agree....

humonculi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've switched to Koodo and the CRTC now has received my complaint. 

Once you switch to Koodo the price does increase. For exemple, I used to pay 25, now I'm paying 25.46 (0.46 is the 911 fee that was included in the PM plan) 

You will no longer be able to send photo/video text and block data ( be ready for data charges) They do have 2 options. 1- you can either block all data including photo/video texts 

or 2- You can pay an extra 2$ a month to be able to block data but maintaint the option of sending these kinds of texts.

Don't switch to koodo unless you're ready to pay for every little thing.

humonculi

@TheOldVR wrote:

@CaNuCk07 wrote:

Of course they did, and i'm sure whatever consumer agency or watchdog or whatever could nt be bothered.  The daily "evil" perpetrated by rogers and bell would far outweigh a VERY reasonable offer.

^^ Have to agree....

You guys are probably right. It's not like service providers do anything wrong ..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/crtc-data-charges-cellphone-plan-1.3966730

https://www.biv.com/article/2013/6/bell-sues-telus-for-564176-over-911-access-fees/

TheOldVR

@humonculi wrote:

@TheOldVR wrote:

@CaNuCk07 wrote:

^^ Have to agree....

You guys are probably right. It's not like service providers do anything wrong ..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/crtc-data-charges-cellphone-plan-1.3966730

https://www.biv.com/article/2013/6/bell-sues-telus-for-564176-over-911-access-fees/

Dude - I get it... you're not happy, didn't intent to make it worse.

Just sharing our thoughts, you do as you wish mate.

Just love and peace to share on these forums!!

BTW - I didnt' say that the Telcos did everything (or much) right for customers... it's a monopoly that it appears, can't be broken.

Peace!

Rambo

Telus thanks you for the $0.46 Smiley Very Happy

Besides, now you can Call 911 if you have an Emergency Smiley LOL

humonculi

@Rambo wrote:

Telus thanks you for the $0.46 Smiley Very Happy

Besides, now you can Call 911 if you have an Emergency Smiley LOL

I know it seem's simple, but that's how it starts. 

Besides we we're promised we would pay the same price for the same plan.

Same plan = false we lose the abilité to send photo/video texts without being affraid of using data and being charged

Same price= no since they are already charging us 0.46 more.