cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earth Month Offer: Buy a phone, and we’ll plant a tree!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

J_PM_1-1650290498378.png

Hey Community, 

It’s Earth Month, and this year we’ve partnered with Tree Canada to plant a tree when you buy a Certified Pre-Owned phone on April 18 until May 1. See how you can make an impact. Plus, we’ll throw in a free one-time 5GB data add-on.

Offer details:

• Available for new and existing customers who purchase a Certified Pre-Owned phone online at publicmobile.ca between April 18 – May 1, 2022.
  • Customer must purchase Certified Pre-Owned Device with the same email as their Public Mobile account.

• Customer must be on $25, $35, $40, $50, 60 and $70 rate plans. 
  • Offer includes a one-time 5GB data bonus. Limit one bonus add-on per customer.

• One-time Bonus data will expire once fully used. 
  • Offer is stackable with other promotions.
  • This offer is subject to change without notice.

For more details on our Earth month promotion visit here

- Public Mobile Team

9 REPLIES 9

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Korth wrote:

@jimbobs wrote:

Count me as underwhelmed.

1. a horrible selection of phones, many of which will not be receiving any software updates.

2. limited to certain plans.

3. one tree!

No more updates is a good thing.

It means your phone isn't going to constantly bug you because of an impending update.

It means your phone isn't going to quietly steal your data in the background because of an available update.

It means your phone isn't going to suddenly fill itself with new garbage once you've gotten all the old garbage out.

It means your phone isn't going to overwrite or break your setup, your apps, your settings.

In short, if you've got things working perfectly then any "updates" are more likely to break things than improve them.

This is why I don't use Android, iOS, WinOS.

So what you're saying is YOU don't want updates once you've acquired a phone?

Anyway, the real point is that a buyer should be able to make an informed purchasing decision and should be told about the update policy for the phone.  

mamiesentoso
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What a wonderful idea!😊 love this!

@jimbobs wrote:

1. a horrible selection of phones, many of which will not be receiving any software updates.

3. one tree!

No more updates is a good thing.

It means your phone isn't going to constantly bug you because of an impending update.

It means your phone isn't going to quietly steal your data in the background because of an available update.

It means your phone isn't going to suddenly fill itself with new garbage once you've gotten all the old garbage out.

It means your phone isn't going to overwrite or break your setup, your apps, your settings.

In short, if you've got things working perfectly then any "updates" are more likely to break things than improve them.

This is why I don't use Android, iOS, WinOS.

jimbobs

3. one tree!

CanadianPerson0
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Meh offer. Not horrible but planting a tree costs $1, no real point to purchasing it unless you really need it. Plus it’s refurbished so it’s got that corporate refurbishing touch & is priced higher than third party sellers. 5GB is nice but it’s on $25+ plans and it’s one time so it’s whatever.

But hey, seems I’m the only one against it so 🤷‍♀️

darkomega

Nice to see a promo for existing customers that helps the environment as well.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nice promo! It's a win-win for everyone and the planet, you get a refurbished phone which isn't tossed away, 5 GB data bonus for those times you forget to turn on Wifi, AND a tree planted. Great cause!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Great promotion for a great cause 

👍

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

This is a nice gesture, @J_PM 

(the tree & the 5GB  😉)

Need Help? Let's chat.