cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Oracle

Re: Developers Blog: Introduction & the support enhancement journey thus far


@computergeek541 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

 

I really hope @Alan_K  and team took the  feedback to heart, will be able to tell once it rolls out, fingers crossed.  I still think, and agree with @srlawren,  that an off the shelf ticketing system possibly linked to selfserve would have been a much better system (with an option for people wthout accounts)  than what we tested, (unless things have changed). And it could have been implemeted much quicker and less costly. 


I just had a thought about that how if the ticketing system were from within the self-serve system, that would make sense to me.  You're logged in?  That means you're authorized to talk about the account and have changes done to it.  I know that part of the idea of the community is to weed out some questions that don't need to go to the moderators, but really, Community participation should be optional.  From a customer's point of view, I should not have to create a membership for a discussion board to receive customer service.

 


You bring up an interesting point.  I am a DUCA credit union member.  To contact support, I am required to initiate the contact from within the account.  Of course, the limitation is that any issue affecting account login will require a different means of interaction.  That said, it is conceivable to perhaps use the private messaging system for login problems only and have all account matters not related to login initiated from within the affected account.  This way, it's unequivocal that verification is not required nor the need to identify affected account. 

Oracle

Re: Developers Blog: Introduction & the support enhancement journey thus far

I know the system isn't perfect and sometimes it isn't even adequate but I do find it funny how many people are saying it is the worst and not a great idea for a community based system.  I know there was a call centre  for the customer that joined a long time ago but the majority of users signed up knowing this was the way things are done here.  If you don't like the system  or it is the worst system ever, why are you still here?  It must work or this still wouldn't be in operation and supporting something that you don't like well then that is an issue you will have to deal with yourself.  

 

Sorry for the rant and scrambled up post but to keep reading how bad this place is and people not moving on to something that works for them  is pointless you are showing that it is worth supporting.


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Developers Blog: Introduction & the support enhancement journey thus far

@ShawnC13I think people just need to calibrate their expectations. Seems most people who have problems were expecting same service levels of their previous providers (often from a high tier provider). The reality running a call centre whether in Canada or foreign is magnitudes more than Lithium + selfserve + staffing. People wants to save money just can't expect to have support immediately come when you beckon.

 

I got a feeling selfserve is like it is because of the interface with the legacy systems. I would think Telus would have done a roi study on whether off the shelve ticketing system is worth it or go with the route they have. Off the shelf things works great on paper but integrating things always come with unknown challenges.

Oracle

Re: Developers Blog: Introduction & the support enhancement journey thus far


@ShawnC13 wrote:

I know the system isn't perfect and sometimes it isn't even adequate but I do find it funny how many people are saying it is the worst and not a great idea for a community based system.  I know there was a call centre  for the customer that joined a long time ago but the majority of users signed up knowing this was the way things are done here.  If you don't like the system  or it is the worst system ever, why are you still here?  It must work or this still wouldn't be in operation and supporting something that you don't like well then that is an issue you will have to deal with yourself.  

 

Sorry for the rant and scrambled up post but to keep reading how bad this place is and people not moving on to something that works for them  is pointless you are showing that it is worth supporting.


Are you condoning a 3 day moderator response time?  I do agree that customers can choose to stay and suck it up or just leave.  I am sure Public Mobile is not content with the current level of customer service.  Well hopefully they are not content.  Those that have chosen to stay are merely reminding the service provider that they could do a lot better. 

Highlighted
Oracle

Re: Developers Blog: Introduction & the support enhancement journey thus far


@will13am wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I know the system isn't perfect and sometimes it isn't even adequate but I do find it funny how many people are saying it is the worst and not a great idea for a community based system.  I know there was a call centre  for the customer that joined a long time ago but the majority of users signed up knowing this was the way things are done here.  If you don't like the system  or it is the worst system ever, why are you still here?  It must work or this still wouldn't be in operation and supporting something that you don't like well then that is an issue you will have to deal with yourself.  

 

Sorry for the rant and scrambled up post but to keep reading how bad this place is and people not moving on to something that works for them  is pointless you are showing that it is worth supporting.


Are you condoning a 3 day moderator response time?  I do agree that customers can choose to stay and suck it up or just leave.  I am sure Public Mobile is not content with the current level of customer service.  Well hopefully they are not content.  Those that have chosen to stay are merely reminding the service provider that they could do a lot better. 


@will13am  I did not condone any such thing as stated in the first sentence.  My point was people should have known the business model and customer service method when they signed up.  To have people posting that this system never works in any other place they have seen it makes me wonder why they signed up here?

 

Using one of your frequently quoted remarks "people need to take the system for what it is and not what they want it to be"  That isn't saying there isn't room for improvement just saying if people are exp[ecting call centres and live chat they better not be holding their breath until it happens.


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Developers Blog: Introduction & the support enhancement journey thus far

I agree that customers can't expect the same level of support here that they got from the Big Guys though it seems to have come as a surprise to many customers who post here on the community. That said as others have said, the turn around needs to be quicker. Elimination of the initial customer verification by including it somehow in the trouble report can only speed things up. A reduction in traffic to moderators certainly would help as well. Fixing some common problems like the return to Canada after using the US add-on and the apparent voucher problem will help. Also I have seen the Facebook moderators referring simple things like "how do I change my plan" to the moderators! Really? So I told the person how to change their plan.

Terry

Oracle

Re: Developers Blog: Introduction & the support enhancement journey thus far


@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I know the system isn't perfect and sometimes it isn't even adequate but I do find it funny how many people are saying it is the worst and not a great idea for a community based system.  I know there was a call centre  for the customer that joined a long time ago but the majority of users signed up knowing this was the way things are done here.  If you don't like the system  or it is the worst system ever, why are you still here?  It must work or this still wouldn't be in operation and supporting something that you don't like well then that is an issue you will have to deal with yourself.  

 

Sorry for the rant and scrambled up post but to keep reading how bad this place is and people not moving on to something that works for them  is pointless you are showing that it is worth supporting.


Are you condoning a 3 day moderator response time?  I do agree that customers can choose to stay and suck it up or just leave.  I am sure Public Mobile is not content with the current level of customer service.  Well hopefully they are not content.  Those that have chosen to stay are merely reminding the service provider that they could do a lot better. 


@will13am  I did not condone any such thing as stated in the first sentence.  My point was people should have known the business model and customer service method when they signed up.  To have people posting that this system never works in any other place they have seen it makes me wonder why they signed up here?

 

Using one of your frequently quoted remarks "people need to take the system for what it is and not what they want it to be"  That isn't saying there isn't room for improvement just saying if people are exp[ecting call centres and live chat they better not be holding their breath until it happens.


While I lament about the increase in response time from a few hours to a few days, I don't expect that past performance is an indication of future results.  I will remind them of the past.  My feedback is not actionable, just good advice. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Developers Blog: Introduction & the support enhancement journey thus far

I know I am repeating myself, but PM is satisfied with a system that is designed to make responsiveness slow. There is nothing novel or innovative about a ticket system. This could have been implemented years ago and it's only being done because mod response times are now routinely in the 4 to 5 day range. By design, Telus wants response time of 2 days, not faster. 

 

The more support they can download to the community, the better. If they can frustrate customers enough to incent them onto Koodo, even better. PM is what it is and use it because the value proposition works for you ... but let's not congratulate them for it nor think that they care about the service level they provide. This is a third tier flanker brand from a company with notoriously poor customer service (Telus) to start with. Don't kid yourselves.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Developers Blog: Introduction & the support enhancement journey thus far


@JackQuint wrote:

I know I am repeating myself, but PM is satisfied with a system that is designed to make responsiveness slow. There is nothing novel or innovative about a ticket system. This could have been implemented years ago and it's only being done because mod response times are now routinely in the 4 to 5 day range. By design, Telus wants response time of 2 days, not faster. 

 

The more support they can download to the community, the better. If they can frustrate customers enough to incent them onto Koodo, even better. PM is what it is and use it because the value proposition works for you ... but let's not congratulate them for it nor think that they care about the service level they provide. This is a third tier flanker brand from a company with notoriously poor customer service (Telus) to start with. Don't kid yourselves.


Personally as crazy as this sounds, I don't think its the end of the world if my phone service doesn't work I'm a patient person for the most part, so id just waits for to get fixed and run my own troubleshooting methods, its worth it for the reduction in cost. That said id contact the moderators when appropriate, and wait as long as needed I'm in no rush always have a backup plan, like a wifi VoIP line.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Developers Blog: Introduction & the support enhancement journey thus far


@ShawnC13 wrote:

...

 

Using one of your frequently quoted remarks "people need to take the system for what it is and not what they want it to be"  ...


The problem with that statement is that PM advertises one level of service but rarely delivers. There was a time when they promoted response times within 4 hours, then changed it to 48 hours, as it still supposedly stands. BUT most of my experiences have been response times measured in multiple DAYS. 

 

So the problem is that many signed up with a certain expectation, SET BY PUBLIC MOBILE! Also, since PM is a strictly ONLINE company (at least lately, though they are re-introducing kiosks, so the model keeps changing), the expectation would be that they have the right facilities to manage the company totally online. BUT as has been identified many times in the forum, there are MANY problems with the Self-Serve system and their customer service system lacks proper management. THAT DISPARITY is what many are complaining about. AND rightly so.

 

Also remember the history... PM started out with stores and call centre, then when Telus bought them, they closed the stores, then closed the call centre. So PM's original model was NOT online only.

 

So you cannot say "take the system for what it is" because it is NOT what is being sold.

 

And PM's move back to opening up kiosks, is that their way of acknowledging that online only does not work? (It might work IF they had the right systems and processes in place).

 

And @Alan_K a form alone is not enough to solve all the problems. That is just one piece of it. Again, I hope that the points in the outline I wrote are being addressed.

 

P.S. Many people stay because the prospect of savings is attractive. They stay because they hold out hope that things can and will improve. They also stay because change is not always easy, especially if you have/mange multiple accounts.