cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Community Holiday Contest

Ah mine would be that everyone was home on the Dec 24th, 25th, 31st and Jan 1st b/c we all work different shifts so it's quite rare that all of us had those days off. Something simple yet memorable.

We make up and drink a martini per day all through December! Technically they're cocktails but still. Cheers!

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My favourite holiday memory is from when I had just finished my undergrad degree. A friend of mine lived in and operated a campground and offered cross-country skiing in the winter. That particular Christmas, we had finished grooming the trails and closing up for the day and were sitting in his cabin with tea and home-made elderberry cordial watching looking out at the snow in the evening's blue light - it was so tranquil and beautiful!  His Christmas tree had the old-fashioned lights that used real candles and the whole thing was just perfect!

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My favourite Christmas memory as a child was waking up to read that note Santa Claus always left my sister and I (next to the half eaten Christmas cookie he always said was his favouritism). To this day my mom, sister and I still make the same special Christmas cookies

Cookies on christmas day!

Getting stuck in snow storm with collage friends on our way home from winter holiday. Luckily find a hotel which allowed 5 people in room. We were heavily charged for it but no price for safety.

Reminds me of a family summer holiday: supposed to be camping but it was raining so hard we opted for a motel - found one that was technically closed but the owner took pity on us for one night. There is good in the world!

Didn't find anything memorable until we hit 2020 -  we all took xmas gatherings for granted until we are not allowed to host any this year.  Now all the previous xmas gatherings are so memorable to me. 🙂

So true! And applies to a LOT of things ...

My best Christmas memories come from the time I was a kid same age as Ralphie in "The Christmas Story".. practically all same _story_ including licking the iron on frost.. that very time when I started suspecting that Santa's steps sound like daddy's.. but.. no, no! Santa does exist ))

Need Help? Let's chat.