cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Holiday Contest

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The Community Holiday Contest has closed - winners will be selected and announced by the end of January.

Hey Community,

The weather outside is frightful, but we’re hoping we can bring you some extra warmth, and show our appreciation for your on-going support and contribution with a Community-exclusive contest running in parallel to the More is Merrier campaign. (Spoiler: Yes! You could potentially win both contests!)

How to enter this contest:

• Between December 14th and December 31st, 2020, 11:59PM EST, comment below your favourite holiday memory (Limit one post/entry per customer)
  • We will select 20 winners at random to receive a one-time 1GB data add-on

Please make sure you read the contest rules before entering. 

We hope you like this extra holiday joy from us! Thank you again for choosing Public Mobile, and we wish you all an amazing holiday season.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

Contest Rules:

Spoiler

Community Holiday Contest

CONTEST RULES

1. HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY 

No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share, in the Public Mobile Community post, their favourite holiday memory. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant. 

If your entry contains a person, other than the entrant, by entering the contest, you state that you have obtained consent from everyone in the photo. If your photo contains a minor (under the age of 18) parental or legal guardian consent is required.

Contest runs from December 14 to December 31, 2020 at 11:59pm ET. 

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1. THE PRIZE

There will be twenty (20) prizes awarded.  Each winner will receive the following prize: 

One (1) one-time Public Mobile 1GB Data Add-on 

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile for cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1. THE DRAW

A random draw for all Prizes will take place on or about January 4 at approx.12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.

In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form.  If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (30) business days after prize has been awarded. 

1. PRIVACY

By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation.  Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. 

1. OTHER

All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.  Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

354 REPLIES 354

Rehat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Favorite memory :

I was far from city last year holiday time and camping. I had great adventure with my folks ,plus I was able to use holiday add on from previous year that saved the day because of no wifi available in complete Forest area:) happy for that

ashleyskye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My favorite holiday memory is that I won a free stay at the Fantasy Land Hotel in the West Edmonton Mall just weeks before I was to begin cancer treatment. It was a brand new theme room. I was the first guest. It wasnt even in the computer system yet. They had to book me in a different room and make a note on the reservation. Yes, this all happened on a stat holiday (I read the rules. Nowhere did it say it had to be Christmas)

plaxtonmatteo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I love spending time with my family enjoying all the delicious food. (Italian heritage)

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The smell of turkey dinner while listening to the children play with their present is my favorite reoccurring memory each year.

Merry Xmas!

haidacarver

My favourite Christmas memory was when I was 19yrs old I thought I had lost the Christmas spirit. That year me and a group of friends hung out almost daily and that year we decided to do a secret Santa and we drew names with a modest burger and to make things even more special we all decide we wanted a white  Christmas, so we headed up to the top of the mountain and we rode toboggans and had snow ball fights and later that night we returned and had eggnog and shared gifts. Best Christmas memories with greatest of friends. Merry Christmas everyone!!

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

My holiday Christmas moment is on Christmas Day, where my mom would make and brew a pot of porridge (in Chinese, called congee, or jook.) My mom has made it since I can remember, and it goes back 44 years ago when I was six years old. She would get up at 6 or 7 in the morning and start prepping and cooking it within minutes. The congee would simmer on the stovetop for a few hours until lunchtime. 2020 would be the first year where we won't be together as a family of 12 due to this lovely thing called covid. Although my mom has let it be known, she is still making it for us to do a drive-by and pick up a few bowls to go!

Mama, you da the best!

losingch

Watching the kids run down the stairs Christmas morning super excited.

Miramichinbl1

My favorite memory was everyone you normally never heard from all over world calling too talk too everyone. This was a bit different time the phone was connected too the wall and no screens just pick up and dial or pick up from ringing. You never knew from no call display who was on the other end until you answered 

Rooselark

My best Christmas memory is trudging through snow at the Christmas tree farm with my young kids in tow.  Marvelling at the trees and getting THE TREE of our dreams.  The wonderful pine smell in the house is so reminiscent of Christmas.

Alternate

Contest Entry for Community Holiday Contest

My favorite memory is that of my God-mother, she used to buy me clothes and pretty dresses and dolls for Christmas.  She really made Christmas memorable for me.

Rosguru

Gee thanks Public Mobile for being such a wonderful giving company!

My favorite memory of the Christmas Holidays was as a child growing up when our family was not able to afford much so Christmas gifts were pretty scarce.  However, we always looked forward to receiving gifts from a special family friend who bought us kids the hugest of gifts, one for each of the children.  What joy would fill our hearts when we received that large set of packets!  This special person was not even a relative but she gave such joy to our family. 

She is now long passed away - God bless her soul!

RM4

Counting all the presents under the tree with my brothers waiting for the moment Mom and Dad gave the okay to open!  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got to be putting up the tree as a child. 

aloggie

My favourite Christmas memory is watching my then 2 year old daughter opening her gifts, she was so excited she was literally shaking.

Jlund

One of my favorite memories is talking about how my friend and I could convince Santa to let us go for a ride in his sleigh and meet the reindeer. That conversation came up a lot, for years, as kids,  just before Christmas.

jwald

Preparing stocking with my grandparents- we all had a small budget and one day to shop. We all went shopping together, so we had to be extra sneaky when in the same stores so your recipient wouldn't see what you were buying!

bigmouth2015

Our favorite christmas memory is the happiness and joy around this time from everyone in our family, even in the face of a global pandemic

sesame1948

My favorite memory lane is now be able to work from home and spend more time with family at home.

BoosPeople

Our favorite holiday memory is foraging for a Christmas tree under the powerlines.  My wife and I, along with our daughter and niece would bundle up and hike under the powerlines looking for the perfect Charlie Brown Christmas tree.  Once found, we'd truss it up and carry it out to the road access where we'd have snacks before driving home.  Fun times and hapy memories.

Daniel_macleod1

My favourite christmas memory building tunnels in snow drifts and hiding in them,  then later on coming inside and drinking hot chocolate with mini marshmallows and watching movies.

Or playing the latest N64 game at the time maybe some Goldeneye and what not.

The good ole day's when life was more free I need to get back to those days for sure!

Merry Christmas to all Public Community

Except Scammers

Echomackay

going to see the lights at a nearby park with my children last night

@darlicious  Wins. 

Good Night Everyone.... Drive Safely.

(Of course I don't mean that Exactly...but Great reminiscence Dar)

AE_Collector

May you have a Happy Noel and a Merry New Year!

I wish happy holidays with the above line partly as an inside joke and partly to honour my late irish husband  Noel. He was always out if sorts at Christmas especially larger family gatherings. I never quite understood it until we went back to Dublin one year to visit his family that included the Christmas holidays......long story short after a more than enough tipple mixed with bitterness, resentment and more than a few tears I adopted the saying " At least you're not having an irish Christmas!"

Fast forward from then but back to December of 2005 Noel and I had recently moved into a house and finances were tight so we had agreed that buying a tree that year was  better spent elsewhere until my husband shows up Christmas eve already well into the Christmas cheer boldly claiming "I've got me a tree!" Protesting that we couldn't afford it he assured me he had only paid $19.99 for it and dragged in a cardboard box barely 3 feet long.....  

Well wasn't I pleasantly surprised to pull out of the box three compacted pieces of an extremely realistic looking 6 1/2 ft mountain pine tree that once screwed together and complete with a string of lights that also came in the box we only had to decorate and Noel topped it with a christmas angel he fashioned with a tiny dolls head and torso and a plastic purple wisteria and we decorated with a mix of old decorations and a variety of airplane mini liquor bottles we had squirreled away from our last overseas trip.

That tree kicked off the best Christmas holidays Noel ever had.....by luck or circumstance he recieved almost every gift he had ever had on his wishlist to Santa including a brand new pair of brilliant white adidas trainers ( pronounced Ah-deedas the european way) from one of his best friends and soon to become our roommate Dan (and later my partner.)  A fly fishing rod and reel to go with the complete fly fish tying kit he couldnt stop talking about....the usual new christmas sweater (jumper), levi 501's, socks and underwear and one last gift i found and bought on a whim....a slot car track and two new (1/20 or 1/16) scale slot cars. That was the piece de resistance.....a gift he had been promised by his da as a kid but never recieved!

Noel spent the rest of the holidays having slot car races with the track he built under the tree by a crackling fire (we had a real fireplace remember them?!!) He tied a fly or two a day when he had no race partners. He practised his 10 and 2 fly fishing technique with the end of his rod, fly line and a soon to be shredded left over xmas bow once both he and Liart our cat discovered "catfishing" was their new favourite game to pass the time.

Best Christmas ever! Sadly that was Noel's last Christmas as he passed  a little more than six months later as did his "show" cat Liart six weeks after Noel (they were meant to be together forever.) I ended up getting a great partner out of it too ....by the following Christmas it was Dan and I celebrating together with Max ( @maximum_gato ) who came into our lives only because Liart left us when he did........needless to say its about time screw together the "Noel tree" for its 16th season (one for every year we were married!) and still standing strong if not a little crooked as it first did back in 2005. Great memories indeed......Happy Noel Everybody and a Merry New Year 2021!!

20171225_001941.jpg

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

One of my most memorable is trekking out in knee-waist high snow, on our snowmobile with a small trailer attached, to a field of trees in a remote area with my father.

We would scoot around until we found the most perfect Christmas tree, dig around the snow to get to the base, cut it off and make our way back home.

Those were truly a parent-child moment which will always be etched in my mind.

HHanley

My favorite Christmas memory is decorating the tree as soon as we came home from the last day of school with music and moms shortbread cookies

felix67

My favorite holiday memory is that last year me and my wife we were invited by our daughter and her boy friend in Cancun club Med resort to spend a few days together and we have enjoyed the beautiful beach, weather and resort activities. Nice and precious time spent together!

This was amazing and unforgettable beautiful family gathering!

Thanks,

Brent_liza1

A great holiday memory was sitting in the kitchen while my grandmother baked fresh gingerbread men. We would always sneak a couple and she would act like she’d never see them. We would decorate them for Santa as she sat there with a huge smile. 

fibi200329

my favorite holiday memory is baking with my family!

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Favourite memory = family dinner and celebrations

Family gatherings!

The good, bad and the ugly. Like the good ole' days. 🌲

Need Help? Let's chat.