cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Changes to our Support structure

@Jamar_so_far some people are contacting mods on a monthly basis

My account will never get fixed so I have resigned myself to this fact

Actually, one of our Oracles quit the PM forums and ported out over unresolved monthly issues

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Having support only from the community forum is good
No more people jumping the queue just cause they make the most noise on social media
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hmm...what kind of problems were they having? As this is a new kind of foray for Telecom for me, I'm not sure exactly the problems that exist here in PM.
Oracle

@kav2001c wrote:

Actually, one of our Oracles quit the PM forums and ported out over unresolved monthly issues

I really doubt that was the reason. 

@Jamar_so_far wrote:
Hmm...what kind of problems were they having? As this is a new kind of foray for Telecom for me, I'm not sure exactly the problems that exist here in PM.

Customers contacting mods through different channels such as social media, web forms or the community. When the same users contact mods through multiple channels, complication arises as different mods work on different channels. With the new support model, customers contacting on other channels will be redirected to the community so they can all private message. 

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Mayor / Maire

@kav2001c,

Heck, I want to get rid of time zones too.

If it's 2:00 here in Ontario, it should be 2:00 in Vancouver, Sydney, Oslo, London, Moscow, and Delhi too.

Why make things so complicated?  Time is just a number.

Mayor / Maire

@Jamar_so_far mostly computer issues. Sometimes the people working at Public *know* what the issue is, but there is no way to actually *fix* it

Hence manual intervention

From now to eternity lol

(from a technical standpoint, it could cost a million in software or pay someone $20 a month, which is cheaper right)

Jamar_so_far wrote:

Mayor / Maire

@NDesai well he was quite vocal on the issue, and that was what he publicly posted in his good bye so

I am willing to accept his statements at face value

Heck for my most recent issue, mods acknowledged it and sent off a support ticket. I know Shazia is not a code monkey so all she can do is report issues but Public Mobile's response is essentially I can not use 4 phone lines for an estimated 90 days

Seriously

No outgoing calls or texts

And then the question is CAN they fix the issue?

I can see people quitting for things like that

And in past 6 months I have lost service, Public gave my phone number to another client during an activation (result in my account getting cancelled) AND my billing issue is totally unresolved (ticket opened, closed, declared too hard to fix and please email mods every month for a bill credit)

NDesai wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

I really doubt that was the reason. 

Mayor / Maire

@stonechucker really?

If timezones were abolished totally we both know it would most likely be based off New York time (possibly LA, but I think world still looks at things from EST, esp since both Washington & Ottawa are also in east)

stonechucker wrote:

@kav2001c,

Heck, I want to get rid of time zones too.

If it's 2:00 here in Ontario, it should be 2:00 in Vancouver, Sydney, Oslo, London, Moscow, and Delhi too.

Why make things so complicated?  Time is just a number.

Mayor / Maire

@kav2001c, really!

And why change from where they're based already, Greenwich, England?

The Universal Time Coordinate is the Prime Meridian, so keep it there. 

kav2001c wrote:

@stonechucker really?

If timezones were abolished totally we both know it would most likely be based off New York time (possibly LA, but I think world still looks at things from EST, esp since both Washington & Ottawa are also in east)

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@stonechucker @kav2001c

Lets take baby steps and just get rid of daylight savings times, amirite?