cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Changes to our Support structure

These changes are just very bad in my opinion especially at getting new people signed up.

I personally only signed up after chatting with someone on facebook when I had seen one of your ads. The social media presence including direct messages needs to be there to comfort new people who are somewhat uncomfortable with losing call centre support to show it is easy to reach you guys.

Losing the contact form option is also a loss because the community forums can be a very convoluted place. When I had an issue after I got my sim (I didn't know how to set up data), I tried looking here and was just confused. I then decided to go to the contact us page and before I even got to the stage where I wrote up a message, the pre-screening questions had given me the answer. Possibly if you are getting rid of the contact us form, at least keep that auto-answer option.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

So these changes are born of the "Less for less" era.... makes sense now.

Sorry, still trying to get over "Less for less".

Good thing Bimmer didn't try to sell me the 335i LESS model..... cause I would have walked, and had a good laugh at the sales person's expense.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure why everyone is so excited about this change. Sucking up for forum points? Smiley Tongue

Taking away methods of communication isn't really a step forward. Telling people "yeah you can just post on their forums for help" isn't going to win potential customers over. Lacking a call centre is already crappy enough. Imagine trying to get any of your parents to sign up for Public Mobile? They aren't going to post on forums for help, they're going to want to use what they're familiar with, they can't call someone but they sure can send a Facebook message. 

Instead of removing these channels, figuring out a way to use them more efficiently and effectively should have been a priority. 

Here's a pretty good example https://twitter.com/AQYoung/status/886580167505739778 - a customer tried to use the forums and 36 hours without a response, sends a couple tweets, staff member gets back to him and fills him in on things. Killing this kind of thing isn't going to instill confidence in any one. 

Re-think this.

Oracle

That way they can focus their energy in one place. That person wouldn't of had to 36 hours, that's the point. This model isn't for your parents obviously. Maybe you could help them like I help my family. They've never had to contact Public Mobile, so that helps Smiley Happy
Oracle

Also, you don't just post on forums for help. If you need customer service you contact them directly, no need to ever post to a forum.
Retraité / Retired

Jamar_so_far wrote:

@TheOldVR

For example, my vision is how to make this work more efficiently is as soon as you sign up for an account and receive the confirmation email, there is either a link that takes you right to a sticky that tells you exactly how to begin a service requests, or it's embedded right into that email. Would this be that difficult to change @Jeremy_M

We are working on revamping our welcome email including this piece Smiley Happy

Oracle

Thanks for chiming in Jeremy Smiley Happy
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thank you for the information. Smiley Happy

Oracle

Big increase in moderators on line and Jeremy says it will be perrmanent. 👍 👍

Also, I see the Contact Us still functions by linking to the moderators' info page. Robot Very Happy

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

thanks for the update!