cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Changes to our Support structure

Glad to see this. 

Now no need to wonder when someone says "well I posted something somewhere else why not fixed, thats why I come to forums ... "

Forum should be only spot for help. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi there to All,

With this latest changes Public Mobile want to improve communication and speed up problem solving and yet at the same time save even more money. In a long run savings mean increased competitive edge.

Legacy Users have been already charged for a while now $3 extra every month for a privilege of using Live Support Center.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Quest Is it worth 36$ a year to have live support? I'm also guessing there is no opt-out for legacy users? 

Jamar_so_far wrote:

@Quest Is it worth 36$ a year to have live support? I'm also guessing there is no opt-out for legacy users? 

@Jamar_so_far

For those who talk and travel a lot but don't use data it is still worth to have $36 a year live support. They don't really need to opt-out.

Public Mobile in the past gave really good options to opt-out for every Legacy User and they still do but on less favorable bases than before. Always "Early bird catch the worm"  Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

(a little out of the thread topic I know)

The $3 is not for call center, that is only what they said...
The $3 increase was to keep the same plan.
For example I had the $25/month plan for Canada wide talk and text, and the price increased to $28. I was never given the option to opt-out of call center and keep my plan at $25/month... Only option was to keep same plan ($28), switch to Koodo (with postpaid plans, some extra fees, and some drawbacks), or switch to new plans (there was some promos, but none with Canada wide calling)...

Someone_here wrote:
(a little out of the thread topic I know)

The $3 is not for call center, that is only what they said...
The $3 increase was to keep the same plan.
For example I had the $25/month plan for Canada wide talk and text, and the price increased to $28. I was never given the option to opt-out of call center and keep my plan at $25/month... Only option was to keep same plan ($28), switch to Koodo (with postpaid plans, some extra fees, and some drawbacks), or switch to new plans (there was some promos, but none with Canada wide calling)...

@Someone_here

In that case if $3 increase wasn't done to cover the cost of Live Call Center so what it was for. It looks like for $28 Canada Wide and Live Call Centre PM still have a good profit from Legacy Users.

And by the way if you switched to Koodo there weren't any extra fees. They even give you one month free service and 250MB for two bucks a month as an add-on. If you didn't use data they had special add-on free exclusively for former PM users to send MMS globally without incurring any overage charges.

Switching to one of PM newer plans you could take with you loyalty from past years and be eligible this time for all other perks, as well.

Oracle

I'm happy to see this announcement is seeing a lot positive support. We'll see how it plays out.
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

They really need some sort of auto response on MOD private message as of now it could just go into oblivion and no one would know...it shouldn't take days just to reset a password.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can still access Public mobile on Facebook and Twitter. Can users still get support on these platforms.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Based on what another user just posted, I doubt it. The email team told him he has to use the forum mod team now as they can't provide service that way.