cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Changes to our Support structure

@Jeremy_M

Excellent.  Anything that improves efficiency for helping customers is great news.

srlawren wrote:

One thing I might point out about "Simon":  you could mention that "Simon" the bot is not to be confused with "Simon_O" the community moderator.  Just in case that confuses anyone.  I know it confused me a little when I first started seeing Mr. O posting a while back!

@srlawren

Agreed.  I had suggested this back when Simon_O was welcomed to the community moderator ranks, but I guess PM missed it back then.

Mayor / Maire

My opinion on this:

Many times, customers were using the contact us webform or facebook because they didn't want to have to go through the process of the community account sign up process.

Since the Community will soon be the only way to receive official Public Mobile support, I really beleive that step of needing to separately sign up for the community account should be eliminated and it should automatically be done for the customer during the activation and service sign up process.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hope this change will speed up the waiting progress and improving the customer services. Man Happy

I can't say I agree with this. You're basically removing even more ways of support.

What you needed to do is to create a proper online support ticket system. It's been suggested 100x over since the massive support overload during oct/nov 2016 after the big promo.

Seems like a good plan. 

Oracle

It is about time.  With limited resources, the last thing that is needed is multiple connection channels.  KISS!

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

MK78 wrote:

I can't say I agree with this. You're basically removing even more ways of support.

What you needed to do is to create a proper online support ticket system. It's been suggested 100x over since the massive support overload during oct/nov 2016 after the big promo.

@MK78

Yup. This ^. when you go to the deli, you don't all shout at the people working behind the glass. You grab a ticket and wait your turn. And theres a giant counter that shows you where you are. I haven't seen a fight yet over whos getting the next slices of salami! 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Jamar_so_far , @MK78  ... if you look back at Jeremy_M's post... right at the bottom of the FAQ ...

Will I get a ticket # for reference when contacting the Support Teams?
Working on it! We should have this functionality implemented soon!

Mayor / Maire

Sounds like a good idea Smiley Happy

Will individual moderator accounts still exist? Still possible to contact them individually?
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Removing support access via all methods other than the community is an interesting change - I wonder how new customers will accept this.

For example - most of my freinds who have joined have not bothered to join the community, nor will they ever do so. I helped out when they had issues, or they worked off email. This change might see them leaving as they would rather just send a message vs. log in to a forum and either post a topic, or send a PM from there.

I hope usage of all non-Community support requests is very low otherwise you might have some upset peeps out there....

Nice communication though Smiley Very Happy.