Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to our Support structure

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

In order to best assist you, we are making some customer support changes in the coming days.

Presently, we support customers through social media, web forms, and the Community. Having multiple support channels has given customers more flexibility but it has also led to longer response times, delays in our service, and confusion for our customers.

In order to continuously deliver the best possible customer experience, we are simplifying how you can reach out to one single place: our Community. It’s easy - plus, you’ll never have to wonder if you should Facebook message us and post on our Community. On our end, it will streamline all your questions and make it easier to get back to you.

Here’s how this breaks down:

Today

July 13th

Support Channels:

• Social Media: Facebook, Twitter
  • Web Forms
  • Community

Support Channels:

• Community

Part of making this work is also changing how you connect with our Moderators. In the past, every moderator has had their own account to help you. In our new support model, all the Moderators will share one account so you get help as soon as any Moderator is available to help - first come, first served!

Finally, since the Community will now be the only way to get in touch with our support team, we will be disabling our web form queues and direct messages via social media.

We are really excited for this change because we know it will get you help and answers faster than before.

FAQ:

I’m used to sending web forms for support. Why have you changed this?

Great question! A couple of reasons why we decided to make the change:

• Very few customers were using web forms
  • Most of the web form questions we received were general inquiries; with answers that can be found in our Community.

And yet, we still had to have a team checking web forms, taking time away from the Community (where most of our customers are)! By streamlining how to get help, we make sure that you get help faster!

With the new support model, will I need to have a registered Community Profile to directly communicate with your support team, In addition to my Self Serve account?

Yes. Register for a Community Profile by clicking here

When should I reach out to the support team?

When you can’t find the answer you’re looking for in the Community, or a fellow Community member advises you to reach out to our support team

How do I contact support?

Follow these instructions here

Who is Simon? Not referring to our awesome 'mod' @Simon_O

Simon, is a ‘ChatBot’ that can help answer any general inquiries you might have about our products or services. More info on Simon can be found here

What are the Contact Support’s hours of operation?

Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

What is the average wait time to get account assistance from the Support Team?

During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 48 hours of receiving the message.

What/Who are Oracles?

The Oracles are a small group of Community members who really know their stuff. Find out more about our Oracles by clicking here

How do I post a question to the Community?

• Sign-in to the Community (by clicking ‘Sign-In’ close to the top of your webpage)
  • Choose a category that would best suit your question
  • On your right-hand side click on ‘Start a topic’
  • Type your question and click on ‘Post’
  • For detailed instructions click here

How do I know if the Support Team has answered my question?

If your email notifications are enabled, you will get an email notifying you that we responded to you.

How do I enable email notifications?

This function should be automatically enabled. You can check here to make sure ‘Receive email notifications for new private messages’ is checked.

How do I contact support? How will I know who a Moderator is?

There are two ways that you are able to contact our Community Moderators:

1. Private Messaging: You can do this by ‘searching’ for our unique Community Moderator’s profile (as shown below) moderator_icon.JPGthen, once on the moderator profile, on the right-side click on “Send this user a private message”.  The unique blue square with ‘MOD’ is how you identify our Moderators.
  2. Tagging: If you would like a Moderator to weigh-in on a discussion, simply tag the Moderator profile to the post you created i.e @Moderator_Team

If I’m a Legacy customer will I still have access to the Call Center?

Yes, if you activated before January 27th, 2015, you will still  have access to the call centre

Will I get a ticket # for reference when contacting the Support Teams?

Working on it! We should have this functionality implemented soon!

187 REPLIES 187

lisalind
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will a moderator team eventually answer... this form of communication to get support is not user friendly. what is the best way to contact someone

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lisalind

Click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Include your account #, e-mail address and phone number. 

lisalind
I need to speak to a moderator about account issues and need immediate assistance. If u could put me in touch with someone it would be appreciated. Please

lisalind
This is horrible and the line of communication is frustrating...i need this situation fixed

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @Stickyjonz

We answer everyone on a first come first served basis, I'm sure you can understand that. Any other way of doing wouldn't be fair.

We'll get to your message eventually, we're not making you wait on purpose we're just extremely busy and overloaded with messages.

Thanks,

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

Stickyjonz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
You can try to private message a moderator, but they haven't been responding.
I just filed a complaint with the CRTC/CCTS (Incident Number: 00000000797407), so we'll see what happens.

lisalind

There have been multiple payments taken out in error and I need support asap please. Can anyone advise on how you speak to someone about this?

lisalind

I need to speak to someone about autopay payments coming out of an account? How do I do this. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Everything should now be working @Luddite 🙂

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@SunnyParmar Is your phone still working? If yes, just ignore the message.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Rockdaddy22
Does the money show up in your available balance? When was your payment due? It sounds like it went through.

SunnyParmar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I made a payment but it said payment failed but it shows my next payment is due in November. So did I pay for my bill?

Rockdaddy22
Thanks for chiming in Mary and Jeremy 🙂

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @kav2001,

thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it!

I assure you that I have brought this up to my supervisor and we will look into it. Our goal is to provide a memorable, and quality customer service. Your comments will help in making sure we improve ourselves in doing so 🙂

Respectfully,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @kav2001c,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I must admit there is a learning curve with the new mods that joined the Community (which is normal). Most of them are still being trained and will soon be fully on-boarded. I will share this example with them.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@kav2001c

The same thing happened to me but it was tech support. I also feel it would be nice if stuff was documented.

Rockdaddy22
But it used to happen with the email system.

@Rockdaddy22 to be fair this is a new process right

We used to email each mod (eg Mary, Shazia, Saray) directly

But yeah this needs fixing now that it has come up

Rockdaddy22
That's definitely not a good user experience. This should be a priority to fix, I can't imagine all the wasted time for everybody involved, customers and mods.
@kav2001c

To evryone reading this thread:

Use the QUOTE function when responding to mods so they can at least see entire conversation

It seems best short term fix for now

@CS_Agent

One thing that should be mentioned in this thread (maybe bring up at a meeting)

The new group email thing so far is VERY frustrating

I have emailed for multiple issues in last couple of weeks

And the new mods coming in picking up emails each time seem CONFUSED more often than not

There should be a way to document issues as they are discussed or refer to previous emails

I have at least 3 cases now where I made a support request, a mod requested clarification or more info

Then second mod came in, did not seem to realize what first mod was doing, and attempts to do something really off

(eg most recent issue was a double charge on a credit card, they request scan to prove it, then went and wanted to refund the wrong credit card on a totally different account despite every previous message I had written was very clear which number, account, and credit card)

TheOldVR

Thanks for the clarification @SD08.

Happy Wednesday!

SD08

@TheOldVR wrote:

@SD08

Sorry... question based on your post: Do accounts for this forum expire after 90 days?

@TheOldVR

No, I was referring to self-serve accounts.  As far as I know, community accounts don't expire.  I see some community accounts that have been inactive for over 2 years.

TheOldVR

@SD08

Sorry... question based on your post: Do accounts for this forum expire after 90 days?

Rockdaddy22
Please keep us updated on your situation @holbroal

holbroal

Ok thanks, my account is only 2 months old so it can't be expired, I'll contact a moderator

SD08

@holbroal

Has your account been expired for 90 days or longer?  If so, it would have been deleted, which would be why you can't log in.

If that is not your situation, then you'll need a password reset with the help of a moderator.

Click this Moderator_Team link to private message for assistance.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Include your e-mail address and phone number.

Password resets are time-sensitive, so be alert for any response from the mods, and don't delay once you get the reset message. 

Note:  This is a public forum, so please edit your post to remove your e-mail address.

holbroal

My account no longer seems to exist

First, my password no longer works, and 2nd, when I click "forgot my password" (even though I haven't forgotten it, it just doesn't work), I get this error "ForgotPassword/OldPasswordNotValidContactAdmin"

Please help!

Stickyjonz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
And yet nobody has any kind of turn around time. It's just people saying "wait". The whole point is for people to get their customers the service needed efficiently, correct? Then maybe have more venues of access and hire more staff so that people aren't going days without service

@Snoopy28, click on this link: @CS_Agent, then click the big private message button, and then explain your problem and include your PM phone number/account number/email.
Need Help? Let's chat.