cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certified Pre-Owned Community Picks: Closed

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Thank you to everyone who participated in our first Community Picks! 

We've closed the voting polls and will return on Friday, August 20, to share the winning phone you want added to our Certified Pre-Owned Catalogue.

Stay tuned! 

Jade

--------

Hey Community, 

Remember to vote for your favourite phone here, final chance before poll close tomorrow! 

Thanks, 

Jade 

---------

Hey Community, 

I am very excited to introduce you to our new Community Picks program for CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) Phones! Since we started offering CPO phones, there’s been a growing number of customers asking for more options to choose from. This has sparked our interest to find out which CPO phones you would like to see added to our catalogue for a limited time, at a special discounted price! 

Our Certified Pre-Owned phones are refurbished phones that are tested, inspected, cleaned and re-packaged to look and function like new. Because of this, we are able to offer them at a price you and your wallet will love.

Vote for your Community Picks choice:

We want to hear from you! We have chosen 3 great phones, but we need your input on which one will be the newest addition to our CPO catalogue

How to Vote:

Visit this link and select your favourite CPO phone. Voting will close on August 18. 

CPO PhonePicks

• Samsung Galaxy S10
  • Huawei P40
  • Apple iPhone XS

Once voting has closed, the phone with the most votes will be crowned the Community Picks winner, and will be included in our CPO Catalogue with a discount for a limited time only. We’ll announce the winning device and offer details in a follow-up post. Stay tuned!😀

Thank you!

- Public Mobile Team

53 REPLIES 53

@softech 

Well the camera is the deal breaker for me unless I was shown otherwise it would be Samsung all day.

yes.. maybe we can vote based on the camera quality?  anyone can post some pictures from any of those models so we can judge based on that?    🙂

@Anonymous 

Yes but where will they put it? Is it lounge worthy? Or PM worthy? That is the question.

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous 

Yeah, after reading my post and noticing the topic; it's like....what???

To be clear @Anonymous , my Kirkland hearing aids are not Apple specific. Yes, Apple has been working with hearing aid makers for awhile, but mainly I think to ensure folks like us with hearing issues can have some relief. For Apple, it goes to their intense focus on all things related to health. What really rips me is why the sound technology that's built into today's devices hasn't migrated to hearing aids. So, yes you can stream sound but the quality is definitely lacking. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Koombassi : It's actually an off-topic that popping started. The thread hackers will rip this out soon enough if past practice is anything to go by.

The standard bluetooth will definitely be my next aids. Of course I wasn't going in for Made For iPhone 🙂 . And then the limited choices of ASHA is troubling. So Phonak figured out using standardized methods.

If you have Costco bluetooth then you likely have the Phonaks. You should be able to use just about any phone.

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous 

Great topic! I've been using Kirkland (Costco) hearing aids with Bluetooth connectivity for based 3 years. If you're using multiple devices; I.e. IPhone +iPad, there can be annoying connectivity issues as in the hearing aids get confused about which device it should connect to. You end up learning how/when to pair the devices, when to unpair them and then you won't have any connectivity issues. Streaming news and in particular video clips can pose a big connectivity issue. I went through weeks trying to sort it out with Apple. Then I realized my hearing aids were creating the streaming problem. So, now I try streaming with hearing aids, if it works great. If not, simply use my standard headphones. 
for what it's worth, hope this helps folks just starting out with the hearing aids. Bottom line: I love this feature!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping : Phonak hearing aids can use regular bluetooth which then works with most modern phones. Costco sells a Kirkland Signature version of them. You're probably still trialing your new aids so keep that in mind. You should be able to use your current phone then (assuming a modern smartphone).

The Phonaks use the mics on the aids too. No more holding the phone up to your mouth or using another device.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I am looking for a new phone to streaming audio directly to my new hearing aids.  With the correct phone, I can have a phone conversation and music streaming to my hearing aids.

Samsung Galaxy S10 and iPhone XS are listed as the supported phones.  This hearings aids was originally designed for iPhone.  Couple of years ago, Google added audio streaming hearing aids(ASHA) protocol to the Android 10.  But not all Android phone running Android 10 or new Android OS will support ASHA.  Only the smartphone manufacturer(s) who take the time to develop the code to support direct audio streaming by calling the ASHA library.  Most of the newer Samsung S series phone running Android 10 or newer were tested with my new hearing aids.  Since Google developed the ASHA, I can also use Google Pixel 3 or  4 with my hearing aids.

Apple had been working with hearing aids manufacturers for a while.  The AirPods Pro can be programed to correct minor hearing loss.  

Samsung S10..

now i am eager to know how much it is.

@J_PM 

I think having an estimated price point is key to getting worthwhile statistics from the community. I am really happy with my new Google pixel 3 I would be even happier I imagine with the new Google pixel 6 but I cannot afford that price. Nor could I justify the price of the pixel 3 msrp no matter how much I love the camera..... but at $185 all in I had no problem snapping it up at that price. Price is key!!

My vote goes to S10

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Agreed with @computergeek541  and @will13am .  Price is key.  My pick would conditionally be the S10.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I voted but it is really difficult to pick without knowing the price.  The top pick can become the bottom pick if it is too costly.  We are all here because of price sensitivities.  😁

My preference/vote would be for the Galaxy S10, but I would suggest making all 3 available.  I also believe that it's hard to make a suggestion/informed vote without knowing the price points at which Public Mobile will be able to offer these devices.

@J_PM 

"We're here for you!"

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM wrote:

Permissions are now open. Thank you for flagging everyone!

Happy Voting!

Jade

@J_PM 

thank you so much for fixed 

Good Luck 

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Permissions are now open. Thank you for flagging everyone!

Happy Voting!

Jade

Anonymous
Not applicable

And once again, I'm not logging in to Google just for this.

And @J_PM : I guess you have nothing to say about the goings-on in The Lounge?

@J_PM 

You need to give me permission. Please, pretty please! I promise I'll be good. PLEASE!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM wrote:

@Anonymous 

Please enter your choice here

Thanks!

Jade

@J_PM 

but that link not working

@Anonymous 

Please enter your choice here

Thanks!

Jade

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM 

nice job

i like Apple iPhone XS

good luck everybody

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

I have not clicked the link yet...but does the prices show up on the Voting area?

This may not sway someone's choice of phone...but it might.

Need Help? Let's chat.