cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Let Your Inner Nerd Out, It’s Embrace Your Geekness Day!

@Melissa-H77 wrote:

Two chemists walk into a bar. One says, “I’ll have an ‎H2O.” The other says, “I’ll have an ‎H2O, too.” The second chemist dies.

Want to hear a joke about sodium, bromine, and oxygen?

NaBrO.

What should you do if no one laughs at your chemistry jokes?

Keep telling them until you get a reaction.

Let my inner nerd out - I love Chemistry, especially setting up mini experiments with my kids in the kitchen 😁😁😁

Hope you don't have to put out any fires. Smiley Very Happy

Mayor / Maire

@smp99 wrote:

Long Range Wifi - like 2km. I love showing people that

What does this look like... a mobile cell tower?
Pic please or it ain't so.

Oracle

tying to remember my php and coding basics from university and trying to customise some of the various wordpress templates/plugins i use.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hmm,

Well, I geek out over the usual suspects: technology, comic books/super hero movies and shows, sci-fi, fantasy, tabletop/boardgames/party games, volleyball, anime, horror movies, thrillers, trivia, listening to music, playing music, sometimes singing music (memorizing the words to One Week and trying to remember Yakko's Nations of the World lyrics (Animaniacs)), the glory days of WWF/WCW/WWE with Bret Hart, Ultimate Warrior, Sting, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio Jr, TLC Matches... I guess I'll stop there, lol.

Great Contest!

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

First and foremost, I turn everything into lists and spreadsheets; compare this with that, detail stuff, analyse this vs that, etc. Also goes hand-in-hand with detailing all financial expenses, for yes, more analysis and comparison. 

Finding bargains too, often trying to save that little bit extra...

Then there is the tinkering... and keeping lost of small "junk" that I find clever uses for to fix this or that... love saving tech from the broken piles to give it some new life. 

Mayor / Maire

I perceive nerd and geek as derogatory terms.

I keep my tech running as long as it keeps doing what I need it to do.

I'm typing on a 2009 top o' the line HP laptop. I've replaced the fan a couple times, the keyboard, the motherboard and the HD for an SSD.

I finally gave in to Android when I got an EV ( <- is that geek enough for ya?) so that I could use the apps and connections. It also so happened that I bought a Samsung tv and so oh look a Samsung phone that can connect together.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This song pretty much explains everything.

https://youtu.be/N9qYF9DZPdw

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Up until this day, I still play old school video games like Counter-Strike and Left 4 Dead! Those classic games just never gets old Smiley Happy 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I love to watch Netflix.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Beer geek here. I love trying new beers and visiting breweries. I have also been brewing my own beer at home since 2012, which is super fun.