Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday Sale: Get $5 off for 6 months when you activate today

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community, 

Effective Monday, November 23, 2020, until December 4, 2020, 11:59PM ET, new customers can sign up to get $5 off every month for 6 months when they activate on select plans online. This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

Offer Details: 

Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on the $38 or $43 plan
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $35 or higher

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before December 4, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on an eligible plan online before December 18, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by December 18, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. The first credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, credits 2-6 will be applied before each renewal date.

Please note that this offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

108 REPLIES 108

@Metalneck 

Many customers did not get a confirmation email.  If you meet the criteria of the promotion and still have not received your $5 credit, you will need to contact moderator.

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the blue chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Metalneck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'll have to correct you here there was nowhere stated that an email would be sent to our email accounts I set up four different email accounts and did not receive one email in response to joining the Black Friday promotion sale both my daughter and I signed up. Neither one of us has received the $5 off per month for six months I'd like this corrected thank you

@j3nniferbui 

If you have recieved the first $5 credit it will be listed in your payment/transaction history. The second $5 credit will be applied just after your rewards during the renewal process. Usually there  will be a line on the right side of your account that will appear like this....

My promotions : $5 off for 6 months..............1/6.

Screenshot_20201225-203941~2.png

@j3nniferbui 

It would most likely land in the “Available Funds” area as opposed to on the individual Rewards Lines. Right up near the top in the attached screen shot. 

The other way to see if you are getting it or not is to do the match. People frequently report hear that they aren’t getting some reward but we point out that there is tax to pay on the charges every 30 days which is often why it looks as though you are paying full price when in fact you are receiving the discount but having taxes added to the total when it gets t your credit card.

AE_Collector2C9B7386-6551-4940-8685-538AF8A12CD9.jpeg

@j3nniferbui wrote:

Has anyone get the $5 off already? My 2nd payment is due tomorrow but I still didn't see anywhere with $5 off in my self-serve account. Is it automatically applied or does that mean I won't get that $5 off if I didn't see it in my account?

Review the "how-to's" and make certain you qualified....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Black-Friday-Sale-Get-5-off-for-6-month...

j3nniferbui

Has anyone get the $5 off already? My 2nd payment is due tomorrow but I still didn't see anywhere with $5 off in my self-serve account. Is it automatically applied or does that mean I won't get that $5 off if I didn't see it in my account?

@neel1974 

Well something didnt go right with your activation. Did your friend get their $1? Contact the moderators on both counts. See below for info on your first query. The referral bonus is usually the next day but allow 72 hours.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Black-Friday-Sale-Get-5-off-for-6-month...

neel1974

Hi,

I did activated the plan by following all guidelines. But I dont see the 5$ credit for the first month. Does it have a wait time? My account is also missing referral bonus! 

How long it takes to receive both of these credits?

@Lara2028 

Exactly what was your sequence of activation? Yourself then your husband and your daughter? Did you have a referral code? Whomever activated first should take the referral code from their   account and use it on the next ( husband?)  Then you or your husband would use theirs for your daughter.  If the first person who activated didnt have one you can private message just about anyone here and request one and the member would happily supply you with their code. Then as mentioned by @Triguy  you message the moderators and request to have them add it to the account(s).

The first credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, credits 2-6 will be applied before each renewal date.

You could try submitting a ticket to a moderator to see if they will apply the refera8.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Lara2028

I ordered a pre-owned phone during the Black Friday promotion, and then activated my new account once the phone was received.   The $5 is not showing in my credits.  We also opened accounts for my husband and daughter - their accounts also don't show the promotion credit. How do we get that applied?   

I also didn't know how to (if I could) get the referral for my husband and daughter's accounts.   Can I (still) do that? 

1. The first credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, credits 2-6 will be applied before each renewal date.

@Hazzard6 wrote:

I signed up within the specified time frame and I don’t see where this is applied on my account at all. Can you please check to see if it is activated. 

@Hazzard6 

The credit will show up within 30 days and then at each renewal for months 2-7.  If you meet all the criteria.  If you have not received credit before your next due date, then contact moderator.  Otherwise, you should be fine.

Hazzard6

I signed up within the specified time frame and I don’t see where this is applied on my account at all. Can you please check to see if it is activated. 

There will pretty much have to be another offer this month though it too may not be much of a screaming deal. That doesn’t seem to be happening this year.

AE_Collector

@ETusesPublic wrote:

I just missed this deal because I misread the deadline. The link is still up to register the email. Is it too late to register the email, if he signs up by Dec.18? 

Sorry, but it's too late. You can always wait until another offer comes along. This offer was actually pretty weak in comparision to some others.

ETusesPublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just missed this deal because I misread the deadline. The link is still up to register the email. Is it too late to register the email, if he signs up by Dec.18? 

It can up to 72 hours for the $10 referral to appear in your account.  The Black Friday promo 

The first credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, credits 2-6 will be applied before each renewal date.

ramaniak

Hello,

I just signed up with a friend referral. I don't see the $10 bonus in my account or the $5 off for 6 months. How do I confirm that these are available for me?

thanks

@Gthorsteinsson 

@Gthorsteinsson wrote:

Hi there!

I’m a new public mobile customer and followed all the steps for the Black Friday deal online and I didn’t get the deal on my first bill. Plus I entered a friends promo code and neither of us got the deal for the code. Is there someway we can fix this after the fact? It’s half the reason I joined public mobile to get both of these deals.

thanks,

Grace 

You should receive the credit within 30 days.  It does not apply to your first bill. The $5 will apply each month from months 2-7.

You should see the $10 friend credit within 72 hours.  Your friend should see the extra $1 in his refer-a-friend line in his/her self service account. Friend will receive $1 each month on his payment date as long as you remain a customer.   

@Gthorsteinsson wrote:

Hi there!

I’m a new public mobile customer and followed all the steps for the Black Friday deal online and I didn’t get the deal on my first bill. Plus I entered a friends promo code and neither of us got the deal for the code. Is there someway we can fix this after the fact? It’s half the reason I joined public mobile to get both of these deals.

thanks,

Grace 

How long ago did you sign up? The first $5 credit should be/should have been in your account witihn 30 days of activation. As for $10 credit for getting referred, that comes wihin 72 hours. The friend who referred you doesn't get $10. Your friend only gets $1 per 30 days.

Gthorsteinsson

Hi there!

thanks,

Grace 

@A535 wrote:

Didn't work for me. Is that because I used someones sign up code to get $10 off my first bill?

@A535 

If you followed the terms and conditions (signed your email address first, etc), you will get the credit within 30 days and then subsequently each month from months 2-7.  Getting the friend credit does not affect this promotion.  

A535

Didn't work for me. Is that because I used someones sign up code to get $10 off my first bill?

@Kookybunny wrote:

Hi, i signed up for the black friday sale which states i can get $5 off for 6 months. When do I get the $5 off? I only got a $10 credit from the person who referred me. Thanks.

You will receive it within 30 days of activation.

Kookybunny

Hi, i signed up for the black friday sale which states i can get $5 off for 6 months. When do I get the $5 off? I only got a $10 credit from the person who referred me. Thanks.

Brent_liza1

Yes I agree 🙂 I lost my status as model citizen before but will work my way back up 🙂 so glad to be back. 

@Brent_liza1 hey there, welcome back!  great time to come back with the Black Friday sale and free holiday gifts from Public Mobile.  Happy holidays!  🎄🎄🎄

Brent_liza1

I just re joined public mobile after a stint away. I honestly missed the service. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@abonn08 : ...and activated online yourself. The promo was for online...not in-store.

Need Help? Let's chat.