Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday Sale! 12GB Bonus Data for 12 months - $40+

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

J_PM_0-1668522549729.png

Hey Community, 

Starting today until November 27, 2022, customers can get an additional 12GB of data for free* every month for 12 months on all $40 or more plans, with promo code: 12MONTHS12GB

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions may apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $40 or higher online by November 27 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details 

• Activate on any in market $40 or more plan using the promo code and get a 12GB data bonus for 12 months. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.
    • This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 5 to 10 business days. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

61 REPLIES 61

Abigail26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They were just offering 12gb for $40 to exsisting customers for black Friday. It was supposed to end yesterday (nov 27) you can check to see if it's been extended.

Moemoemoe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, Im currently paying 25 a month for 1gb at 3g speeds.

I would be willing to pay up to 35 for 2gb at 4G speed.

Thank you. 

nfarley36

As a returning customer, I didn't need to put in a promo code. I was offered a plan for $40 with 15Gb without any conditions (12 months). I don't know if this is part of the promotion but I was not told when I changed my plan that it was temporary.

@Ali924 wrote:

I am a new customer and tried to use the promo code while activating my account online tonite with the 40/15G plan and it kept saying invalid promo. So i gave up and activated my number as i needed to. If I was supposed to get the extra gigs perhaps an admin can add it on to my plan still?? 

There's no 12GB bonus for that plan.

Ali924

I am a new customer and tried to use the promo code while activating my account online tonite with the 40/15G plan and it kept saying invalid promo. So i gave up and activated my number as i needed to. If I was supposed to get the extra gigs perhaps an admin can add it on to my plan still?? 

Abigail26

I upgraded my plan, $40 for 15gb (originally 5gb) I'm not 100% sure if it's still on. I had to scroll past the 1st page of $40/5gb to see the bonus offer of $40/15gb

ernurse1972
  • Any upgraded data offers for your current customers?

Jacky3147

Anyone gotten the offer and it actually work? 

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

👍

Hi @helen_llw33

The next renewal is not here yet, right?? if you login yourself on My Account, maybe use Incognito mode to be safe, go to the same Change plan page as advised by @dabr , there should be a big note there showing a plan change is scheduled 

@helen_llw33   It's supposed to apply automatically on your next renewal since you accepted PM's offer to change your plan, however, it's not guaranteed that it will happen but PM will likely have to manually apply the plan to your account if the change doesn't happen as expected.  You would of course need to submit a ticket at that time via chatbot here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Your husband (and you) can actually just log into your self serve accounts and select Plans/Add-ons from the left side of page, then Change My Plan and scroll with the arrow to the right side of available plans and select the correct $40/15GB plan as there are two plans priced at $40.  PM also has $45/20GB available right now too.  Important to select Change at Next Renewal option as PM doesn't prorate for unused days left in current cycle.

helen_llw33

Screenshot_20221124_102103_com.android.mms.jpg

 I got this message last month. It should automatically apply to my account next month, right? How my hubby get this $40 for 15G data offer as well? 

@Glally wrote:

No, you won't lose your loyalty discounts. I can tell you that for sure been that I'm on that plan and haven't lost it.

This information isn't correct in the sense that tehre isn't any way for Abigail26 (or any other existing customer) to receive this offer. It's only for new account activations.

Glally

No, you won't lose your loyalty discounts. I can tell you that for sure been that I'm on that plan and haven't lost it.

@geemoney wrote:

I activated a new plan and it didnt work

Which plan did you activate?  The $40/15GB and $45/20GB plans can't be combined with this promotion.  Also, this is for new account activations only.

geemoney

I activated a new plan and it didnt work

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@weg121   Yes the new promo offer of $35/20GB (reg. $55) is a great deal at that price, but after 15 months you would be charged $55 or have to change to another plan with less data anyway.

I think the current offers for existing customer needing lots of data are much better since the data/price won't change.  I should qualify that the price is unlikely to change for a couple of years at least, although PM can change it with 30 days notice to customers.

weg121

True but it is not the deal new people are being offered. If it is good for new signups it should be good for loyal customers that have brought several other people to this platform. 

Hi @weg121 the $40 for 15GB or $45 for 20Gb also available for existing customers 

weg121

I see a lot of "New Activation plans" what about the loyal customers.  I would have 2 users upgrade to the new 20gb for 15 months plan.  If I find the same plan with other providers I will be forced to leave Public Mobile.

Thx

Wade

CanadianPerson0
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

oh. it's only for existing members? Is there a way I could create a new account (this is for my family member who's switching phone plan companies) and be able to get them to have the deal despite it ending in <1 week?

@CanadianPerson0 wrote:

link?

@CanadianPerson0   Login to My Account using Incognito mode, go to Plan and add-on page, click Change My Plan, then you will see the $40/15GB and $45/20GB plans there under the 4G speed  tab

CanadianPerson0
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

link?

@abigail8908    No this promo is for new activations only but you can login into your self serve and get the $40/15GB plan or $45/20GB plan available to all customers and the data doesn't expire after 12 month, so a much better deal.  

The $40/15GB is slated to be removed by the 27th of this month but you can schedule a plan change now which will lock in this plan.  Use incognito/private mode to login and select Plans/Add-ons from the left side of account, then Change My Plan and select Change At Next Renewal as PM doesn't prorate or refund for unused days left in your current cycle.

@will13am- A lot of unnecessary cheating and trickery and shenanigans go on around here. I don't think I need a lecture from you. But you do you. I'll incur your wrath and you'll live happily ever after knowing that I took your bait. Enjoy.

He replied that he didn't know an answer to someones question. I suggested to the user to keep reading. And then suggested that he try to use either official language. He also wasn't asking. He made a comment that the 15gb plan was still available and then replied with an I don't know to a previous question that had already been answered some time ago. Very different perspective. I would not have said anything of the sort if he was asking.

Perhaps if a customer comes in asking something in Spanish I'll direct them to this user. Or use Google Translate and help that customer anyway.

Hola a todas 🇪🇸

@dust2dust wrote:

@Francisco7925- Keep reading. And try to use either official language. Lots of people to help in both languages. Some people might be able to help in Spanish. Others would run your replies through Google Translate.

This is really an unnecessary remark.  Public Mobile is bound by regulations to offer the service in both official languages.  As customers supporting customers, we can be a lot more open and help in anyway we can.  

abigail8908

If you are with public mobile and already have a SIM card activated with a plan can you change it and get this promotion? 

@Francisco7925- Keep reading. And try to use either official language. Lots of people to help in both languages. Some people might be able to help in Spanish. Others would run your replies through Google Translate.

Francisco7925

No se

Need Help? Let's chat.