cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: A letter from Dave on the recent changes

@Luddite wrote:

@jtm02 "a) when offered, how long are promo prices "guaranteed"? 30 Days notice

b) are future promos to be restricted or open to all? Targeted at Chatr Customers"

These responses are definitely "tongue in cheek"

I had this more in mind:

a) 3 years

b) open to all

@Luddite, yes they were to an extent.  I was just stating that there truly is no guarantee to our pricing and with 30 days notice ty can change it.

My fear for future promo's is that we won't see what we have in the past 12 gb LTE $120 as I am sure it took to many top tier clients but we will see more promos directed at Chatr an maybe  again at Freedom.

My comments  are just my concerns.  I am still personally a very happy PM custmoer and so is my wife and we have no intention on leaving.

@sheytoon, agree with your post totally!!!

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

@Jamar_so_far wrote:

@xtwister

I really don't see this happening, they will honor it, as realistically, how many users are there on PM? Anyone fathom a guess? 

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Dave_M I really don't see how this answered any pricing questions. More like "we did what we did, so yea..."

With some fluff and thanks thrown in.
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That's what PR really is. Just fluffed up stories to calm the masses.

Oracle

OMG, this diatribe has as much substance as a speech from a politician.  Bottom line is all previously available LTE plans have gone up 50% overnight.  By any measure, Public Mobile is a no frills company selling at top shelf pricing.  I would not call it flattery to immitate Chatr.  Is this less for less approach going to include shrinking the home zone ala Chatr in the future?  That would be the ultimate in giving customers even less.  As long as my grandfathered plan stays the way it is, I am happy to stay put.  Don't expect me to bring any customers over at the current prices. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you Dave. It explains some recent change, hope PM becomes better. Offer more affordable wireless plan for us. Thank you PM team and keep moving. Smiley Very Happy 

Oracle

@jtm02 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

So it's out with the old: "At the time, we had a grand vision of being a small niche brand that appealed to a very specific person - a ‘life hacker.’" Robot Very Happy

And in with the new: "offer Canadians more choice and flexibility at great rates on Canada’s largest mobile network. And we believe we’re celebrating those changes by being transparent about it through our “Less for Less” campaign: managing expectations and making sure that customers know that they are trading some frills in favour of lower prices." 

Some expectations to manage:

a) when offered, how long are promo prices "guaranteed"? 30 Days notice

b) are future promos to be restricted or open to all? Targeted at Chatr Customers

We do tend to forget that Publlc Mobile is a work in progress (Brownian motion anyone?) and not yet cast in stone. Robot wink

Adding what I am worried about for the future in RED to @Luddite, post

How will the 30 days notice work? I will only have to pay the updated amount when I go to renew on my renewal date?

The 30 day notice is in the fine print.  It basically says that they are free to change any terms and conditions by simply giving you a 30 day notice.  Unless you receive this notice, there will be no change when you renew. 

Mayor / Maire

I know how PPL may feel about the situation.

It's exceptionally painful, yet sometimes necessary.

Here's a Song that could inspire some motivation skills

Mayor / Maire

Adam Sandler, he has songs that bring memories, and perhaps we need some comedy to help soothe our minds

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Learn not to love. A corporation anyway.
Haha