cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamar_so_far
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: A letter from Dave on the recent changes

Who's this "Dave" guy? 

As a company, they can certainly do whatever they want. It's hard not to believe that "Dave, Jeremy, etc" are being guided by the overlord that is Telus. You can't have 2 koodo's...which is certiainly what it felt like when I switched over from Koodo. 

I was thinking "hey this is like Koodo, but without the stuff I rarely use (buy my own phones, rarely if ever talk to customer service, manage my own account, etc) but at 1/2 the price.

Now it's like "Hey it's like Koodo $'s, but without anything and if it goes wrong take a # and get in line. 

Glad I hopped on the bus at the right time, but you certainly expect customers to step back into 2006 and go "WOW! a 3G plan for 50 bucks?? I'm in heaven!" 

jtm02
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

So it's out with the old: "At the time, we had a grand vision of being a small niche brand that appealed to a very specific person - a ‘life hacker.’" Robot Very Happy

And in with the new: "offer Canadians more choice and flexibility at great rates on Canada’s largest mobile network. And we believe we’re celebrating those changes by being transparent about it through our “Less for Less” campaign: managing expectations and making sure that customers know that they are trading some frills in favour of lower prices." 

Some expectations to manage:

a) when offered, how long are promo prices "guaranteed"? 30 Days notice

b) are future promos to be restricted or open to all? Targeted at Chatr Customers

We do tend to forget that Publlc Mobile is a work in progress (Brownian motion anyone?) and not yet cast in stone. Robot wink

Adding what I am worried about for the future in RED to @Luddite, post

How will the 30 days notice work? I will only have to pay the updated amount when I go to renew on my renewal date?

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Dave_M. Thanks for the explanation.

Not sure IF these PPL might know, BUT we'll try

These PPL are hard to please

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Thanks Dave,

It is always important to get updates like this and relay them to the customers. Safe to say there have been a few concerns with the introduction of the new plans and prices, and where the future is truly going. There is also concern about future promos and what will happen to the grandfathered plans. Change can be scary sometimes for customers and they just want to be assured that everything will be okay. The customers are really the true marketing force for any company, through word of mouth. I hope future promos wont be too restricted like the Freedom Mobile promotion was, and the price changes are clearly explained to the customer. I will continue to support PM. We have a great team of staff, mods, oracles and community members

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I wasn't expecting to hear a message so quickly from the team. I am happy to hear from you.

Thank you for the letter :)!!!
xtwister
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If us new people who came over from freedom to the promo plan that was just introduced  have the pricing, lte or terms yanked, they will be quite unhappy since

it would be a Bait and Switch tactic.

But I'm confident that PM will honour the plan that many of us subscribed to and the

new pricing is only for new subscribers after the promo expired.

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Respectfully, the message from Dave doesn't really say anything other than "we have heard that you guys are not happy, but this is the way it's gonna be". This direction is certainly coming down from up top (TELUS).

I just hope grandfathered plans do not get price increases in the future.

Luddite
Oracle

@jtm02 "a) when offered, how long are promo prices "guaranteed"? 30 Days notice

b) are future promos to be restricted or open to all? Targeted at Chatr Customers"

These responses are definitely "tongue in cheek"

I had this more in mind:

a) 3 years

b) open to all

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Jamar_so_far

I think that new sub's (prior to price hike) or old legacy users are a bit jaded because they thought they were signing up for something different than just another telecom company, but it doesn't seem that way anymore. I think now it's a prove that you're still different and own the motto "less is less." 

I'm personally not happy about the change in plans because I can't really recommend it to any family members or friends, which I was previously hyping up with the great plan deals. But it remains to be seen if they continue to offer competitive promo deals and if they do, I will of course recommend the company. 

Its just hard not to see this and go "uh-oh, I see where this is headed" with the recent price/plan changes. 

Jamar_so_far

@xtwister

I really don't see this happening, they will honor it, as realistically, how many users are there on PM? Anyone fathom a guess? 

Need Help? Let's chat.