cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if I dont want to continue my service after 10 days?

sinnersaint
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Everybody,

I recently got a PM sim card for a friend who was coming to Toronto for a week. I activated the 10-day plan as a one-time thing. I am not enrolled in Autopay. The account mentions that my plan will be automatically renewed at the end of 10days.

I am pretty sure, I do not need to do anything from my end, as it should discontinue after 10 days, but just want to make sure that this is the right method to cancel the service and my account won't run into a negative balance.

P.S 1: Is it anyhow possible to keep the number so when other people visit, I can just pay and use again, instead of doing the whole process of ordering the sim again. 

P.S 2: Is it possible to get a refund for the sim card for the 10-day plan?

Thanks a lot in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

pty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you're on autopay, go to self-serve first and disable your autopay otherwise you will be paying again comes the next billing cycle.

DISQUISITION
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you paid by credit or debit card, PM has the info saved automatically.  Remove it just in case.

PM should NOT save this information automatically!!

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Since this is a pre-paid service, no. There's no refund on any plans you choose. Your number is still available even after your plan expired but you have 90 days to get a new plan to port it. Once it is over 90 days, the number that you have will be gone. 

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @sinnersaint;

Yes, you don't need to do anything, if you do not have sufficient funds in your account to renew (and no autopay) then your account will be suspended. Once suspended, the account will remain for 90 day at which point it is deleted (and the number is lost).

PM is pre-paid, no negative balances.

Is it possible to keep the number? Sort of, but it requires active management. What you need to do is renew a plan just before the 90 days suspension expires, So you can renew any 10 day plan, text only is the cheapest at $11, then get another 90 days suspension (so 100 days for each renewal). But if you miss it, the number is gone and you need to start again (with a new sim too).

Can you get a refund on the sim? Yes, as it was activated, all you need to do is send an email to rebate@publicmobile.ca with your SIM order number and your Public Mobile phone number.

Hope this helps.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Since you're not on AutoPay, it will not renew itself. 

When your 10 days expires, plan goes into Plan Expired/Suspended mode. Your account and number will remain for 90 days. After 90 days, your account and number will be automatically get deleted. Before 90 days, you can renew again for 10 days cheapest plan to extend your account deactivation time for another 90 days. 

Need Help? Let's chat.