cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Completed, but Phone number shows unknown

ameko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi everybody
I switched my number from wind to PM last Friday, and received transfer success msg after two hour. But today is Tuesday, my phone number still shows unknown when I call my friends. However, I can receive msg and call from my wind number.
And it shows Alternate Phone Number: Not Provided in my account, is that problem?
Or I still need to wait?
My wind bill period will be cycle at Nov 19th
6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks @CaNuCk07!  I figured it would be similar, but I don't have an iPhone to look at.  Thank you for supplying the missing info.  Hopefully this resolves the issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

And make sure the slider is green!

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

On an iPhone the process is similar settings-> phone->show my caller id

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ameko welcome to Public Mobile!

Okay let me see if I've got this right....

- your account is activated

- your number is ported

- people can call you on your Wind number and it rings through to your phone with your PM (Public Mobile) SIM card installed?

- people can text you on your Wind number and you receive it on your phone with PM SIM installed?

- you can text out, and people see it as coming from your Wind #

- but, when you place calls, it comes through as unknown number?

- You mention you Wind billing cycle--I believe if you were to sign into your Wind account now, you would see that it's already been closed

If all the above is true, your port is complete and successful and nothing is wrong.  

I think the issue is your phone is set to not send caller ID info.  What kind of phone do you have?

If it's an Android phone, go into the Phone app, find the "..." overflow menu (it's probably at the right side of the search menu at the top of the window).  tap on settings.  At this point you may have dig as each phone is a bit different.  On mind, I tap on Calling Accounts, then tap on my SIM1 (my phone is dual-SIM), and then Additional Settings.  In here is Caller ID.  Set that to "show number".

The procedure is different on an iPHone, but I don't know what it is off hand.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Sameer
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello!

Theres a few things going on here.

First, put your PM sim card in your phone and try to cycle your phone, on and off. Set the provider to manual and make sure its set to Public mobile.

What does it show? No service? Data work or no?

I would also edit your account to include an alternate number (your home phone or another number you probably used when you created your Wind account). 

Seems like the port is not fully complete, if you are still getting calls on the wind network.

Next, @Shazia_K will be able to help you forward if that doesnt work. 

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

have you power cycled your phone?  Remove the SIm card for 1 minute in between power-off and power-on, and put it back in before power-on...

Sometimes that fixes these weird issues.

Cheers,

Neil

Need Help? Let's chat.