cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

Geozuma
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like to transfer my phone number to another provider. So far with public mobile I am not able to receive or send texts to certain people but other people it works fine. When I went to transfer this number to koodo, I could not receive the SMS text to be able to transfer my number. Could you please help me on how to put approval on my account?

32 REPLIES 32

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You'll need to inform Public Mobile of the upcoming port out so they can authorize it WITHOUT an SMS.  Fortunately, since you're transferring to Koodo, things might be able to be done more smoothly than if porting out to a company outside the TELUS group.

Here's how to contact them:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Geozuma : First post and that's it, you're done, you're leaving? Perhaps we could have helped you with some ideas. Did you contact the moderators here when you were having troubles?

Is this an iphone?

Need Help? Let's chat.