Albinsimon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HI,

I am unable to send and receive MMS. how can I fix this issue? please help

7 REPLIES 7

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Albinsimon 

The first thing I'd check are also your APN settings that @darlicious posted!  After doing so, I'd recommend restarting your phone too to have the settings and everything (re-)registered on the network.

Give us an update in case it doesn't work, and also if it does... we'd love to know.  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and make sure APN Settings On device 

Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

Changing APN Settings On Android Phones

click HERE 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is go through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your DATA is on.

Good Luck

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Albinsimon wrote:

HI,

I am unable to send and receive MMS. how can I fix this issue? please help

@Albinsimon 

Were you able to previously?

Did you start using a different phone, and it just started doing this?

Check the Android phone's network connection if you can't send or receiving MMS messages. Open the phone's Settings and tap “Wireless and Network Settings.” Tap “Mobile Networks” to confirm it is enabled. If not, enable it and attempt to send a MMS message.

If you are Apple:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Tap on Messages (it should be about halfway down the column that starts with "Passwords & Accounts").
  3. Scroll down to the column with the heading "SMS/MMS" and if necessary tap on "MMS Messaging" to turn the toggle green.

If these settings are all enabled above (as well as data), and still not working:

• do a RESET of your network settings.
  • and also ensure you have updated software on your device.

@Albinsimon 

You may need to edit your APN. Check it your settings....

Name: Public Mobile mms 

APN: sp.mb.com

Proxy: Not set - leave blank

Port: Not set - leave blank

Username: Not set - leave blank

Password: Not set - leave blank

Server: Not set - leave blank

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

Authentication type: Not set

APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

APN enable/disable: APN enabled

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: GID

MVNO value: 4D4F

Do you happen to have an LG phone? You may need to do a network reset or a factory reset (back up data first) to be able to add the correct APN.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Albinsimon  did you have data turned on?  Data is required to be enabled for MMS although it won't count towards your data limit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Albinsimon : When someone sends you an MMS do you get the indicator that you have an MMS ready to download? If so then you need to turn on mobile data to download it. Same as sending...mobile data needs to be on.
Are you otherwise able to browse the internet with your phone?
Android or iOS? (or other)

Need Help? Let's chat.