cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Number Out without Closing PM Account

DaleF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I port out my PM phone number, will my PM account be closed automatically?

I would like to port my Public Mobile phone number out to another company but I do not want my account PM closed and thus loose my referral rewards.  Once the number is ported I would like to pick out another number for my PM account.

Can this be done?  If so how?

Thanks!!

8 REPLIES 8

DaleF

Unfortunately my $35 account credit will go into renewing my account in the next day or so.

Thanks!!

Dale

@DaleF

From my understanding, unfortunately, the monthly ongoing credit can't be transferred to another account.  Sometimes if you have positive balance in your account, you can transfer that balance over with moderator help (no guarantee though)

DaleF

Thanks everyone for your input.  Unfortunately it's my business number that I've had for decades, so I can't afford to loose it. 

Maybe I should just port my phone number out but that means I loose the $10/month referral credit.  Can that be transferred to my wife's PM account?

@slash407 wrote:

seem's like u cant, but its strange that u cant just contact them and keep it like that.....companies love money!

Why are you giving incorrect information. This has been discussed many times and we know it is not possible so messaging mods is wasting the mods and customers time

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stonechucker wrote:

@austinhuang, this was previously done, but has since been ruled out as an option by Public Mobile.

This was cheating the spirit of the system, and the service.

Didn't know that. I know it sounds illegal but I thought it's actually a past case since I researched after typing out my initial reply.

@austinhuang, this was previously done, but has since been ruled out as an option by Public Mobile.

This was cheating the spirit of the system, and the service.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@DaleF wrote:

I would like to port my Public Mobile phone number out to another company but I do not want my account PM closed and thus loose my referral rewards.  Once the number is ported I would like to pick out another number for my PM account.

Thanks!!

Not possible sorry Dale.  Once you port your number out your account is closed.  This is with all providers.  If you were to port a different number to this account you would lose your current number.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@DaleF wrote:

Thanks!!

When you port your number out, you lose your account. It's definite and it's the norm among all phone companies. People have suggested this as a workaround, but it

1. Costs one extra month of plan price,
  2. Has no guarantee, mods could just reject your request.

So, technically, there is no remedy.

If this solves your question, please select my reply as Solution!

Need Help? Let's chat.