cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a phone call is hard

Julliana22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When making a call, machine voice started " long distance call ....." like this,so I could not make calls. How can I solve this?

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Julliana22 

When you say your minutes consumed are around "60", is that by your own calculations, or are you referring to this section of your self-serve (see below).  If the minute line is not displaying  AND you're on the $15 plan, you are out of outgoing calling minutes.

HALIMACS_0-1620478748913.png

If that's the case, Public Mobile has a great add-on of $5.00 for 500 canada-wide minutes that you can purchase & add to your account.   The great thing about this add on is it doesn't expire and carries forward until fully used. 

@Julliana22 wrote:

Thank you.

My consumed minutes are around 60 minutes. And I tried adding 1 and others.But still cannot calling.

@Julliana22 if it is not a matter of being out of minutes, and you tried a reboot of your phone; 

then try going into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode.

Try the call again, does it complete?

Julliana22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you.

My consumed minutes are around 60 minutes. And I tried adding 1 and others.But still cannot calling.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Julliana22 wrote:

When making a call, machine voice started " long distance call ....." like this,so I could not make calls. How can I solve this?

You might find that there are some strange pre-call messaging here.

If you get this (but you can still complete what you're trying to do), just ignore it.

You may find it helpful to update your contacts with a (1) before the 10-digit number.   Having calls with this outgoing calling format generally avoids the unwanted pre-call messaging presuming you have available out-going minutes remaining in your particular plan.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Julliana22 , that notification usually means that add-on minutes may be consumed.  Sometimes it is due to not including a 1 in front of the 10 digit phone number.  This is a prepaid service, there's never surprise charges.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Julliana22 

Sorry to hear about your troubles. 

More details would be helpful.  

Which plan are you on?  If on the $15 plan with 100 outgoing limited minutes, is it possible that you ran out of minutes? Check for 100 minute counter in overview page.  If you don't see the counter, that means you ran out of minutes.

Are you calling a local number, Canada long distance or international number?  

Does text and data work?

Have you tried dialing 1- area code - number?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Julliana22 wrote:

@Julliana22 

Rebooting your device would be a good idea.

If you have Canada-Wide Calling (or Provincial and you are calling within province), just try the call again and if the call goes through, ignore that message.

You will never be charged overages at PM.

IF you just activated/ported over Reset your Network Settings on your device.

Need Help? Let's chat.