cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find my PIN and PUK? Don't have SIM paperwork anymore

psommerfeld
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I don't know what my PIN is. I don't want to lock my SIM by trying three times because I also don't have my PUK / PUC as I no longer have the plastic piece that my SIM came in.

How can I go about getting this info??

Thanks!

Peter

8 REPLIES 8

@computergeek541 wrote:

@psommerfeld wrote:

Hi, I don't know what my PIN is. I don't want to lock my SIM by trying three times because I also don't have my PUK / PUC as I no longer have the plastic piece that my SIM came in.

I've repeatedly heard many people saying that the SIM card's PUK is printed on the packaging.  Can you say where you saw that so that people know not to follow that information?  That information is entirely incorrect as Public Mobile does not provide the PUK of the SIM card when you purchase it, nor is it anywhere on the packaging or the plastic holding the SIM card.

Not only PM but I think no providers have that info printed on their SIM package (at least the four I've gone thru)

@psommerfeld wrote:

I've repeatedly heard many people saying that the SIM card's PUK is printed on the packaging.  Can you say where you saw that so that people know not to follow that information?  That information is entirely incorrect as Public Mobile does not provide the PUK of the SIM card when you purchase it, nor is it anywhere on the packaging or the plastic holding the SIM card.

@TheGx wrote:

@psommerfeld :Try '1234' or '0000' for your original SIM PIN, for your SIM PUK you'll have to use the chatbot by click that white bubble in lower right. To get your SIM number you'll have to remove your SIM card and look on that or use the phone settings to see if it there. Or try look in your self serve portal.

Please note that the PIN on Public Mobile SIM cards will never have a default PIN of 0000. It will always be 1234 unless someone has manually changed it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@psommerfeld 

Where To Find Your PUK

A Personal Unlocking Key, or PUK code, allows you to reset your SIM card’s PIN number, after you’ve entered an incorrect PIN three times. To get your PUK code, please start a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon, to submit a ticket to the Customer Support Agents by clicking here link,.

Find you PUK: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/where-to-find-your-puk

“SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI (dial *#06# to get it) and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is an explanation by one of the Oracles, Luddite.

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's CSA can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's CSA can be contacted at the following address: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@psommerfeld :Try '1234' or '0000' for your original SIM PIN, for your SIM PUK you'll have to use the chatbot by click that white bubble in lower right. To get your SIM number you'll have to remove your SIM card and look on that or use the phone settings to see if it there. Or try look in your self serve portal.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@psommerfeld 

You need to contact CS for help:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml6dfoOGWCbzEjqGe8...

Edit: If you mean the default SIM pin , it's 1234 (it's not written on the plastic piece that the SIM came in.) 

If your SIM is locked, that's when you'll need the PUK to unlock it.

[edited for clarification]

Need Help? Let's chat.