cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dublin Ireland and area roaming

tomgirlbc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Any suggestions for traveling throughout Ireland, Dublin and area, mostly for maps, but or maybe there is an appI can down load with all that so I won't be roaming, not sure, if there is any kind of plan thanks

7 REPLIES 7

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM is a prepaid service, so there is no risk of any roaming charges.  You can only use what has already been paid for.

You cannot use your phone for texting for in Ireland.  The unlimited international texting only applies when you are in Canada.  Your phone will not be able to do anything at all while outside Canada or the US.

tomgirlbc

HI ty. Ok but can I text back to Canada I have international texting

tomgirlbc

Thank you. Also I'm in Dublin now. Can I use my phone for texting I do have the unlimited international texting. And can this plan charge my cr sit card if it roams or is it just not available ty

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@tomgirlbc wrote:

Any suggestions for traveling throughout Ireland, Dublin and area, mostly for maps, but or maybe there is an appI can down load with all that so I won't be roaming, not sure, if there is any kind of plan thanks

Downloadable detailed maps are available with the Here WeGo app. It's the one I use outside wifi zones.

BTW: If on foot, be sure to select walking for routes otherwise you may be sent the long way round via one way streets. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

listentothehoff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@tomgirlbc

Goolge maps allows you to down a map to be used offiline. For IOS it keeps it downloaded for 30 days.  I used this when I was in Mexico,  worked pretty well.  Image-1.jpg

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tomgirlbc

PM does not have any roaming plan other than USA.

My son got Orange Holiday Europe prepaid from Amazon for his trip to Amsterdam and London last month.

https://www.amazon.ca/Orange-Holiday-Europe-tethering-countries/dp/B06XBYMX58/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid...

You may also get a local SIM at Ireland.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM only offers roaming in the USA.  Nowhere else.

I would recommend that you get a local SIM card when you arrive in Ireland.

Need Help? Let's chat.