cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does calling toll free numbers use up my minutes?

katridio
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a plan with only 100 minutes, just wondering if calling toll free / customer service numbers uses up those minutes.

7 REPLIES 7

@HALIMACS wrote:

@katridio wrote:

I have a plan with only 100 minutes, just wondering if calling toll free / customer service numbers uses up those minutes.

No, @katridio , it doesn't use limited minutes if you're calling toll-free numbers.

Much like the good ole days when one could use a payphone to dial toll-free numbers without any coin!

Making a call toll free call without paying at a payphone should still be possible - if you can find one.

@katridio 

Most carriers do charge airtime minutes for toll free phone calls, but that's really only a factor when the customer has a price plan that doesn't already included unlimited minutes.  It's really only supposed to mean no long distance charges.  Public Mobile not counting these minutes is an oddity.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@katridio wrote:

No, @katridio , it doesn't use limited minutes if you're calling toll-free numbers.

Much like the good ole days when one could use a payphone to dial toll-free numbers without any coin!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@katridio wrote:

@katridio   Unofficially, most 1800/toll free numbers will not count against your available mins, although it's always a good idea to test that with a one minute call to the toll free number.  Log into your account and see how many minutes are available to you, make your call and hang up after one minute and refresh your page and see if the available mins change.  If no change then you know that toll free number won't deduct.  A few regulars have tested this in the past but as it's unofficial, it's recommended to try your test first.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@katridio 

It does not use up your minutes, but it is suppose to technically count.  Use the toll free numbers for now, but in the future, it may change.   

For that $15 plan, the 500 minutes Canada long distance add on for $5 is an useful add on for that plan.  

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@katridio wrote:

@katridio hi the official answer is yes but no one seems to  lose minutes if they call those numbers😁

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@katridio wrote:

@katridio  No. As long as it's a recognized toll free number. I have heard there are some rare toll free numbers which public does not recognize. But I have never encountered that.

Need Help? Let's chat.