cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

Jamesjenn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Data not working for my daughters iPhone 7. I put my Sim card in her phone and it worked fine so it must be something to do with her Sim card are there any fixes for this or do I need a new Sim card

15 REPLIES 15

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@esjliv wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@Jamesjenn wrote:

No it’s over a year with this account. Her sim does not work in my phone either but mine works in hers

Check the 4-digits of your SIM match the 4-digits listed on your SELF SERVE account, found here, under "Change Sim Card":

This could not explain only data not wokring. There isn't any way to assign only data services to a different SIM card.

@computergeek541 What OP did NOT say, yet, was that calling and texting was working.

So when I read "Her sim does not work in my phone either ", that is why I suggested this check.

Always worth a look, in my opinion!

I supposed that it's possible, but usually when calls and text messaging isn't working, that would be mentioned too.  But sure, it can't hurt to check.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@Jamesjenn wrote:

No it’s over a year with this account. Her sim does not work in my phone either but mine works in hers

Check the 4-digits of your SIM match the 4-digits listed on your SELF SERVE account, found here, under "Change Sim Card":

This could not explain only data not wokring. There isn't any way to assign only data services to a different SIM card.

@computergeek541 What OP did NOT say, yet, was that calling and texting was working.

So when I read "Her sim does not work in my phone either ", that is why I suggested this check.

Always worth a look, in my opinion!

@Jamesjenn wrote:

Do any calling features work (talk, text)  both in and out?

If not, please follow @esjliv post and check SIM card in phone against that in self-serve account.

If everything works EXCEPT data and you've confirmed data is enabled on phone AND there is allotted data remaining, contact Moderators to inquire.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@esjliv wrote:

@Jamesjenn wrote:

@Jamesjenn wrote:

esjliv_0-1613954652457.png

If the 4-digits DO NOT match, then it appears someone has been fraudulent (SIM-jacked) on your account. 

Change passwords and security questions to your SELF SERVE account right away, and check your financials. 

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Suspend Service

1.Let the moderators know about this as well, submit a ticket here – to be connected to the Fraud Management Moderator team who will be able to restore your original SIM card. 

2.Also recommended to contact your financial institutions to ensure your banking and credit card accounts have not been accessed and checking your social media accounts for any suspicious activity. Make sure you change your passwords to these accounts immediately. 

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jamesjenn :Now that you seen in self serve that half her data still left, do what those above said and try her SIM card in your phone see if data working.

@Jamesjenn...

log in to her account. Look at My Data and Add-ons. If there's no mention of any data...that means it's been used up for this period.

@Jamesjenn wrote:

Since you've check her account for the amount of data remaining, this is an account issue. Please use the instructions that were provided earlier to open a ticket.

Jamesjenn

Jamesjenn

Data worked until last night. She’s had her account over a year

Jamesjenn

She has over half of her data left

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Is it a new activation?

If not, is data enabled and check that the data allotment is not consumed in Self Serve.

@Jamesjenn wrote:

Data not working for my daughters iPhone 7. I put my Sim card in her phone and it worked fine so it must be something to do with her Sim card are there any fixes for this or do I need a new Sim card

Needing a new SIM card is extemely unlikely. The first thing to do would be to log into your daugther's account to check how much data is remaining on the plan.  Once all data has been used up, data will stop working.  If data has never worked, I agree that there is an issue with the account, and you'll need to open a ticket by proceeding to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Jamesjenn wrote:

Make sure that her data allotment hasn't been reached....until next renewal.

Try her sim in your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.