cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set APN on iphone 7 ?

Dli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I am trying to set APN on my iphone 7 plus, but I only see under Cellular Data Options/Cellular Data Network only 3 lines: APN - isp.mb.com. Username is blank, Password is blank. Then, how can i set it ? 

Thanks 

10 REPLIES 10

@gauthinSwap your SIM card into a known working phone to narrow down whether it is problem with the phone or with Public Mobile.

iPhone 7 as long as it is running on of the more later iOS would not need the APN configured. It is done via Carrier updates automatically.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@gauthin  so you're sure your account is active?  Calls and text work?  Can you verify your overview account page that it shows you have data left 

gauthin

I am having the same issues - my APN is properly configured. LTE appears on my phone instead of 3G... no access to the first 250MB and I even topped up for an extra 5GB foolishly hoping that would work. Switched the phone off and on, reset settings, took the sim card out and put it back into my phone... All of my original nintendo tricks did not work!

What can I do to access my mobile data??? 

AdventrGrl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nothing further was needed.  APN did not appear to be necessary on the iPhone 7.

listentothehoff

@AdventrGrl Did you get this sorted out with the moderator? Was there a seperate sections for MMS?

AdventrGrl

@CS_Agent  I need to get this sorted out so I have internet access by Monday.  Freaking here!!!  Also instructions show 27.0 but mine is Public Mobile 32.0

AdventrGrl

Hi,

I am new to PM.  I have a new iPhone 7, running 11.4.1 OS.  I can't find the MMS to finish setting up the APN as per instructions here: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/apple-iphone-7.

I can't download any of the aps through the Ap Store that I previously had on my Samsung and I don't whether it is an APN problem or something else going on. How can I check?

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Shouldn't it be automatic? 

I just recently joined PM and is using an iPhone 7 as well.

Once I put in the sim card, a message popped up about updating carrier settings.

I pressed okay and the settings showed Public Mobile 27.0 and my data works perfectly without setting the APN settings manually.

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Are you having issues using data?

The APN you have already is correct

If you are on iOS 10 you should have the latest carrier update

Go to settings > general > about
For carrier it should say public mobile 27.0
Also in that screen it should pickup the latest carrier settings if available.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Have you tried following the instructions in this article?

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26

Sometimes it helps to create a new APN rather than edit an existing one.

Need Help? Let's chat.