cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Make Calls

Carrielynn513
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I topped up my account today and it still told me that my account was suspended and needed a payment. I went into my services and suspended and then unsuspended my account and it no longer told me that.

Now when I make a call it says I do not have the necessary long distance add on when I'm making a local call. I've tried the same method and it still does not work.

8 REPLIES 8

Crash2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

-*-*-*I recommend contacting the Moderator team which is actually Public Mobile support just click here to private message a Moderator - Just to set expectations it usually takes 24-48 hours for them to respond-*-*-*-

@Carrielynn513

As you wait for moderator response (usually 1-2 days minimum), you could try another trick:  manually loading $1 into your account.  That sometimes also re-activates your account.  Otherwise, you will need to wait for moderator help.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Carrielynn513 wrote:

I've done all of that. I have the $40 plan. My plan expired on the 24th and I just put money on it today. I should have unlimited Canada wide calling and text as well as data. I have nothing.

Your plan features were not provisioned correctly.  Try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan feature again.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is about 24 - 48 hours. Good luck.

@Carrielynn513 wrote:

I've done all of that. I have the $40 plan. My plan expired on the 24th and I just put money on it today. I should have unlimited Canada wide calling and text as well as data. I have nothing.

It looks like your renewal did no go through properly. You might want to wait an hour or so. If it is still down, you will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team and they will fix it up.

Carrielynn513
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you calling a number that is within your calling package though? If you have Province wide but are trying to call another province (or Canada wide and calling USA, etc.) it will give you that message. 

Try reporting your phone Lost/Stolen in the Self-Serve account area. Waiting about 5-10 minutes then reporting it found and rebooting your phone. It may help refresh the provisioning of your SIM.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Carrielynn513 wrote:

Hello, I topped up my account today and it still told me that my account was suspended and needed a payment. I went into my services and suspended and then unsuspended my account and it no longer told me that.

Now when I make a call it says I do not have the necessary long distance add on when I'm making a local call. I've tried the same method and it still does not work.

@Carrielynn513Did you reboot your phone after? Did you try dialing 1 before the number? Have you tried to call more than 1 number? What about texting / data? What plan does self-serve show you are on?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Carrielynn513 Have you tried to rebooting your phone or turning on/off Airplane mode? Is your data or text working fine?

Need Help? Let's chat.