cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Make Outgoing Calls

Peebs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought a new iPhone 11 and moved the SIM card from my 5C to the 11 and everything is perfect with the new phone.  There is a $40.00 plan associated with that card including data.

THEN.........  I had an old 4 with a $10.00 plan that included 50 minutes Canada-wide.  I wanted to switch the SIM card to the 5C, but the instructions in this Community said to order a new SIM card.  I did that.  When the card arrived, I changed the SIM card in the phone and updated the SIM card number in my account.  My existing plan includes 50 minutes of Canada-wide talk.  

NOW, I can't make any outbound calls on the 5C (not even a local call to my other phone).  I receive a message telling me that I need a long-distance add-on. 

This is our 2nd phone and used for EMERGENCIES.  To call an ambulance or the fire department OR if/when my car breaks down on the side of the road.  I don't have a landline.  This is an urgent issue for me!

16 REPLIES 16

Maryjoe

hi,

Please a run a ticket with the moderator and they will definitely help you out.Also try switch-off your phone for  a minute and start it will also help you.Tehe self serve account will show you all the plan details and also if you have any minutes left on that plan.

Thankyou

Peebs

Thank you @gpixel   I have taken your recommendations and used your instructions to do so. I am working with a moderator now.

Peebs

Thank you @Staliger for advising about the option to "create a ticket".  I have done that now.  Just waiting for resolution.

Regards.

Peebs

Thank you for the recommendation to top up the account with $5/500 minute add-on.  I have now escalated my problem to a moderator, but I just wanted you to know that I didn't know about those add-ons and I think you are correct about that one being cheap insurance.  

Regards,

Peebs

Thanks again @Dunkman   I haven't used any minutes in months, so it's impossible that I ran out.  I checked the minute tracker as you suggested so I was able to explain that to the moderator when I escalated.  I also rebooted as you suggested.  

My problem isn't resolved yet, but I thank you for taking the time to respond to my query.

Peebs

Thank you @Dunkman.

Peebs

Thanks for the recommendation.  Unfortunately, it didn't work.  I have escalated to a moderator.

Peebs

Thanks @geopublic 

611 works fine.  Adding 1 in front doesn't help.  Auto-pay did not fail.  The account is in order.  I escalated to a moderator.  Thanks for your recommendations. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Peebs  Dial 611 from the 5C is your account active? If yes, then just put 1 in front of the number when calling.

If it's not active then maybe Auto-Pay failed so you need to manually reactivate your account by following the prompts.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try dialing 1 infront of the area code.

@Peebs wrote:

I may have misunderstood how this plan works.  Are you suggesting that those 50 minutes are one-time use only?  I thought they renewed every month.

@Peebs 

It does renew every 30 day cycle.  

Peebs

I may have misunderstood how this plan works.  Are you suggesting that those 50 minutes are one-time use only?  I thought they renewed every month.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Peebs hi, the sim may not have provisioned correctly when changing sims through your self serve

contact customer support mods here

type "activation issue"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

the 50 mins renew monthly(30 day cycle)

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Peebs Check your self-service account. Does it still have minutes? Perhaps you ran out of them. If not, create a ticket with moderators by clicking on ? on the bottom right of the page and follow directions.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Peebs , you could try toggling the lost phone/found phone option in the self serve account assuming you did not run out of minutes as already suggested.  Regardless, it is a good idea to top up the account with a $5/500 minute add-on.  It is cheap insurance against running out of usage.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Peebs 

Is it possible that you ran out of minutes?  Check your talk minute tracker in your self service account, overview page, add on section.  If you don't see the tracker, that means you ran out.

Maybe try rebooting your phone with new SIM card.  Network reset.  

Need Help? Let's chat.