cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call redirected to another number

moegagner
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For the past 2 days, when people call my number, their call goes through to another number. My number is xxxxxxxxxx and the call is redirected to someone else with the same number except the last 3 numbers are 176 instead of my 167. I called my number from my wife's phone and someone else answered and he told me he'd been getting my calls. BTW, he's not on PM. What gives? Do I have to change my number or can that be fixed at PM's end?

9 REPLIES 9

Amandalk745
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You should be able to go into setting and look to see if maybe you forwarded your calls accidentally

@gpixel  I know thanks. To much effort tho to be turning phone sideways blah blah. Easier to just click name scroll down then hit the back button. 

Can get it on desktop mode also but again to much effort for these forums.😂 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@moegagner  Best to check your usage history to see if the incoming calls have been logged in your usage history. Maybe you accidently turned on call forwarding. More info on how to disable it:

Call Forwarding

An extended absence greeting allows you to record an alternate greeting, which can be up to 1 minute long, without deleting the one you have recorded. You can use it as an after-hours greeting or to leave special instructions, for instance if you temporarily don’t want to accept voicemail.To set up an extended absence greeting, dial into your voicemail. From the main menu, follow the arrows in the below visual.Call forwarding allows you to forward calls you receive to a different phone number. There are different types of call forwarding, and different codes to enable and disable them.

Type of Call Forwarding What it Does How to Enable How to Disable

UnconditionalRedirects all incoming calls to another numberDial '*21*' + ten-digit phone number + '#' + SENDDial '#21#'
BusyForwards incoming calls to another number when the line is in useDial '*67*' + ten-digit phone number + '#' + SENDDial '#67#'
Not ReachableRedirects incoming calls when your phone is unable to take a callDial '*62*' + ten-digit phone number + '#' + SENDDial '#62#'
No ReplyRedirects incoming calls when nobody answersDial '*61*' + ten-digit phone number + '#' + SENDDial '#61#'
VariableRedirects incoming calls after the call has not been answered for a specified period of timeDial ‘*004*’ + ten-digit phone number + ‘#’ + SENDDial ‘#004#’

@Jb456  turn your phone into landscape mode and then hold down on the members name till open new tab etc. opens and then tap away from the options. it should work the same way as hovering the mouse.

@Luddite I know. Was writing it for potential future readers also.

FYI - on a cell phone no mouse. You have to click username and scroll through the profile to find community forum sign up date

@Jb456 FYI: Hover your mouse over an OP's name and you will see when they joined the Community. Usually that is close to when the became a customer.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Triguy FYI: there is nothing in your post to indicate "when" to contact the moderators. 🤔

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you just join and were given a new number? 

Or did you port your number from another provider?

There is likely a glitch causing this. If the number is not important to you and you just got it when joining. You can log into your account and click "change number" orange arrow on picture below.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

If it's your number that you ported over or have had for awhile and this just started happening then it is best to contact moderators.

Simon.JPG

Or via private message at this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Sorry for this inconvenience!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.