cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Autopay

So how does auto pay work? Am I right to assume that unless you choose to pay your account with vouchers or another method your credit card will be billed on the due date?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Autopay

You are correct? If you have a valid credit card on file and do nothing, your card will be billed for your plan amount, less any rewards you may have plus applicable taxes.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

You are correct? If you have a valid credit card on file and do nothing, your card will be billed for your plan amount, less any rewards you may have plus applicable taxes.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious @You can, if you like, add the required funds to your account manually and as long as you have a valid card on file and auto-pay selected, you will still get your auto-pay reward

If you use auto pay, expect your account to show suspended and/or expired at some point on your renewal day, if your service is still working, just leave it alone and it will complete by morning.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

So are you saying like other bills I should make the effort to pay it...to avoid the anxiety of not being 100% sure the account Is in good standing. Kind of like how I have "autopay" on my credit card at my bank to pay the minimum payment in case I don't make or forget to pay on the due date? 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Sure. But system issues apparently are a lot less likely if you have the funds showing before the renewal.

Less headaches in general.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don’t think that is how Auto-Pay works? As long as the registered credit card on the account is valid, then there shouldn’t be any reason to prepay or assume that the transaction will not go through.  There should not be any service interruption either on the day that your current plan expires and when PM system charges your credit card for the next term service.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@tsparkle21 wrote:

I don’t think that is how Auto-Pay works? As long as the registered credit card on the account is valid, then there shouldn’t be any reason to prepay or assume that the transaction will not go through.  There should not be any service interruption either on the day that your current plan expires and when PM system charges your credit card for the next term service.

That's true, yet many very experienced users still say they top up their account the week before. I don't but if I run into trouble I may start.

Either way, the goal is to get your account to renew. Since it takes available funds first, less chance of failure I'm sure is the premise.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You set up a bank account the money would come from or a credit card and thats how autopay works

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I've had very few issues with AutoPay.  The only headaches I had were changing from a 30-day plan to a then available 90-day plan.  In this case, the AutoPay took the right amount, but the system didn't switch the plan correctly.  Moderators had to assist on that one.

I guess that was only 1 issue, however, I have paid ahead by a day or two when I know system maintenance is scheduled to happen overnight on my expiry date/start of next cycle.

As mentioned, as long as a valid payment card is setup, you'll get the $2 reward applied. 

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How Autopay works is either in store when you create your public mobile account or online you have the option to subscribe to autopay. 

Every month when your phone bill is due Public Mobile will automaticlly take the amount owed for the month renewing your plan. If you do not have the funds in your account nothing will come out and your plan will be halted until payed meaning there will be no charges or anything along those lines. 

If you are not comfortable with Auto Pay there is also the option where you pay as you go manually making your payments every month. Personally I like Autopay because you get $2 off your phone bill every month and you don't have to worry about forgetting to pay your bill. 🙂