cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: $40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

Hi @Moderator_Team,

This is a formal request to resolve this matter before I submit a complaint to CCTS.

You sent the following text today, February 15, 2018 at 1:19 PM PT:

"Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days"

The text continues with incitement to switch to Koodo to receive a $100 credit and a $40/mo rate plan. I was also only given until March 15th to redeem the Koodo offer. However, on behalf of my wife who was charged on February 10, 2018 for 3 months of service in advance, ending in May.

I was also told that my plan & rate would be retained as long as my account remains active. This is now no longer the case. I understand prices go up sometimes. I understand that companies make changes, but this is disgusting. This is very poor customer service, and this would be the first time I have submitted a CCTS complaint.

Awaiting reply.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire

Simple answer to pm. 

I AM NOT MOVING TO KOODO I DONT WANT TOO.  

IF I PURCHASE TICKEY FOR DISNEY WORLD DISNEY PPLS CANT SEND ME SEA WORLD. SIMPLE IS THAT. 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
convolutionx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@RLBL it is tailored to catch the Fall promo renewals

Only the Freedom takeover renewals are offset

methyl

@da_guy2wrote:

For anyone that's just renewed. If you cancel PM are required to repay you for any portion of your payment unued from the moment you cancel with the. From the CCTS code:

That is only for post-paid service. For prepaid service there's no prorating. 

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@ChopstickHero oh and do not forget overages

Koodo charges $7 for 100MB

Here on Public with 90 days we get 0 overages

@ChopstickHerowrote:

To most of us, it is more expensive. I'm paying sub-$30/mo right now. Switching to Koodo will make it $40/mo... so yes, it is more expensive and I'll be paying more.

methyl

By the way, the $100 credit on Koodo is not for paying monthly balance but only for Tab (buying a new phone from Koodo that you'd need to buy to utilize credit) or potentially for extra add-ons 

HSue
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I paid my three month fee in mid-February 2018. If I switch to Kooda voluntarily, I lose my prepayments.  Ouch!!!!  I think this business practice should be reported to the BBB.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire

As pm customer we all should stay with pm we have a month to discuss this don't rush peoples to koodo yet. We still need answers here. 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
staticcory
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@da_guy2wrote:

For anyone that's just renewed. If you cancel PM are required to repay you for any portion of your payment unued from the moment you cancel with the. From the CCTS code:

Annotation: WSPs must provide pro-rated refunds for cancelled services Context: Many post-paid customers have complained about some WSPs not cancelling their service upon request. Issue: CCTS has seen two different scenarios when customers call to cancel their service:

1. The WSP explains to the customer that it will cancel the service on that day but since the customer has already paid in advance for the entire month of service, it will not refund the customer for the days in which (s)he didn’t use the service. So the WSP encourages the customer to stay until the end of the month and some customers do end up doing this, to avoid paying for wireless services with two providers; or

2. The WSP cancels the service on the day that the customer requests to cancel. But then the customer receives his/her bill and realizes that even though the WSP cancelled service, it continued to charge for services for the rest of the bill cycle. The customer complains to us after (s)he realizes that the WSP will not refund the pro-rated fees for the days in which (s)he didn’t have service.

Our comments: The CRTC clarified in Telecom Decision 2016-171 that WSPs are not only required to cancel the wireless services on the day they receive a cancellation request from the customer, but they must not continue to charge the customer for services (s)he does not receive. In addition, it clarifies that the WSPs are required to provide pro-rated refunds for the days when the customer didn’t use the services.4

As far as I know, this only relates to post-paid, not pre paid.

Need Help? Let's chat.