cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

public points

qw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it worth switching to public points in comparison to the original reward system

9 REPLIES 9

paprika

‏‏‎ ‎

caritomei
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I thought we had no choice in this, I have asked customer service many times why I am not getting the same value in rewards and they just dodge the truth. Now I see it here and I am not happy!

sophiaqu
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

I honestly don't know why anyone would switch to public points, especially if you've used PM for a while. Don't even know why they implemented this new program. 

paprika

‏‏‎ ‎

qw

Thanks

qw

Thanks for the info

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Just search this topic and you will see many different threads, resounding ocnsensus is no, but it could work if you want a big score or have a plan over 40 and not been with PM for 3-5+ years. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

There was plenty of clarification from valuable Community members and simple answer is No.

Look for what@darlicious said few times with full calculation explanation.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@qw  No it is not at all. But that's your call. Seems many are interested in gambling for a flashy iPhone 13 lol.

You will pay more on the points system than on the old rewards system. Examples. New point system, you don't get $2 off for autopay per month. New points system, you don't get loyalty like the old rewards. The new points system gives you 10 points ($10) per year with Public Mobile. Old rewards system, you can earn up to $5 off per month for your loyalty. Old rewards in 12 months you have $24 on autopay rewards and if you have been with Public Mobile for many years and receive the maximum loyalty reward which is $60 per 12 months. Total of $84 off per 12 months off your bill before any other rewards like referrals. The new points system would no longer allow you to get an autopay reward and loyalty is only 10 points ($10). So that's a very big difference. New points system, you will pay full price for your plan and only get 5% points back. A $25 package earns you 1.25 points. You need 15 points to redeem. That's 12 months to earn 15 points ($15).

Need Help? Let's chat.