cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no promotion for existing clients?

Saravann
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I've noticed there are promotion for new clients... How come not existing clients?

22 REPLIES 22

Kremzeek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Lucky you...I was offered 20 Gb for $34 early in November and I jumped on it, thinking it was a good deal.
Now..I realize that I got screwed by the company I've been loyal to for the past 3 years...
Not a good ploy PM...

Saravann

wow, interesting to say the least. very interesting!  Maybe try it again in a few days?

ShannonGF

I've gotten two responses back from customer service stating the same thing:
Screenshot 2024-01-02 202114.png

BUT If you want the 50 Gb for $34 you can get that plan via Freedom Mobile and it includes data/text/voice across North America for no extra fees (i.e. Canada AND US). We switched to Public Mobile for Black Friday and are pretty frustrated at the ridiculousness of them offering a plan with 10Gb more data at the same price and not allowing us to switch to that one despite having only been customers for a month:
Screenshot 2024-01-02 201815.png

Saravann

ask the agent whether there any promotion for existing clients.  or ask them whether they could give u a certain plan, pick a plan!

Saravann

$34/month for 40GB of data at 5G -- is still good price... but better as 50GB...lol...

XxSimranjeetxX

Black Friday plan. $34/month for 40GB of data at 5G. As you mentioned before if they can only change the plan once for existing customers, then I would wait for better plan in the future. Because additional 10GB data is not worth for me, who uses less than 1GB data/month. lol

@XxSimranjeetxX  Curious what plan you on now ? I think they more likely to help if you choosing plan same price or higher . Not the other way around and helping you in to cheaper plan 

XxSimranjeetxX

I got the following reply, 

I understand how important it is to hav everything working properly and I'll do my best to help you.

Let me share with you that the plan: $29 30 GB at 4G speed is available only for new activations (People who is creating their Public Mobile account). This plan cannot be offered to existing customers so we cannot help you to complete the changes. In case you want to change your plan you can log in My account and check the available options for you.

We invite you to stay tune and in case the terms and conditions of the promotion change you can complete the changes online or you can wait to see if there is a better deal in the future.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

But I don’t mind though. I will try sending the message again to the customer support when only 4 days left for my renewal to try my luck. 😁

@Saravann  And it’s still hasn’t changed then from my understanding and most recent experience 

Saravann

i remember in the past  -- it is immediate change.. then again that was long time ago... lol

@Saravann wrote:

thank you and I'll send an email and see what the outcome will be.

Unortunatley, Public Mobile does not provide customer service by e-mail.  Al responses from customer supprot agents will only come in the form a private message on this website.

@TheSterlinger wrote:

Usually all the offers are given to new customers. There are some plans for existing.

IMG_0334.jpeg

IMG_0333.jpeg

Unfortuantely, despite the screenshot above, the $45/75GB plan is only for customer who open a new account.

@XxSimranjeetxX  that could be smart way to only agree to immediate  plan change few days before your renewal. So long as the plan is still one that’s offered. They other thing that I suspect is they will accommodate changing the plans if the plan you want is same price or more then the current plan your on . But I just suspect this . Because I even asked for the line they wouldn’t change to preferred plan 50GB for $34. I said well hey how bout I go Into my account right now make immediate Nolan change to the $15 plan then can you change me immediately to the 50GB for $34 and the answer was still no so it’s really is YMMV 

XxSimranjeetxX

My data is usage is less than 1GB/month because I have access to WiFi at both home and work. I wanted to get more data just for the sake of it. But I will reply here what supports say about plan change for $29/month. I would not change my plan if they don't offer it on next renewal or wait like 4 days before my next renewal and see if the $29/month plan is still available at that time. Fingers crossed. 🤞

@XxSimranjeetxX  Yes it will be immediate plan change . I wanted to have it changed for next renewal . They advised  me that they cannot make changes for future dates then can only make the plan change immediately. So kinda sucked in one way. Cause I had just renewed a week prior so lost 3 weeks on both accounts just to gain extra 10GB . But small price to pay to get the plan .

XxSimranjeetxX

I sent a message to the support specifically mentioning that I want it on renewal. I guess if they even want to change my plan then they will have to wait for my approval message. I will be losing 19 days of my $34 plan if they change it today. I have good number of refer a friend. So, it's not like I am that much desperate to change the plan.

I have a question though. If I ask them to change from $34/month for 40GB data to $34/month for 50GB data, then is it immediate change as well? 

@XxSimranjeetxX other existing customers have confirmed getting the 30GB for $29 . As for what plan  they were on before that I’m not certain . But I can share that I had two lines changed to the 50GB for $34 that were both on the 40GB for $34 I also have an account that’s scheduled to change to the 40GB for $34 later this month but it’s currently on the 120GB for $120 90 day I could not get that plan changed over to the 50GB for $34 but was instead offered the 75GB for $40 on that line I refused and said I’ll just keep my plan change for the 40GB for $34 and I was told o might not get it in renewal if it’s no longer offered in market . Was taken off guard by that as it’s been my experience that it will be honoured so I felt lil pressured to take it but didn’t and instead stood my ground . Please up date is with good news @Saravann also @Saravann and @XxSimranjeetxX  when support helps you make plan change it is immediate one and not on next renewal 

Saravann

That is an excellent question - i would like to know that too.

XxSimranjeetxX

If I want to switch to 30GB plan for $29/month, then can they really help me (existing customer) switch it on renewal? What should I say to convince them? I don’t they will switch my plan if I say it to them directly. lol

Saravann

thank you and I'll send an email and see what the outcome will be.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Usually all the offers are given to new customers. There are some plans for existing.

IMG_0334.jpeg

IMG_0333.jpeg

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Saravann  if there a certain plan your looking for ask support they can sometimes help . Helped me today with the 50GB for $34 today 

Handy1_0-1704151682343.png

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.